• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

How much do you spend/have you spend on SG & SGM?

How much money have you spent on Skullgirls?

• I'm a full F2P. I haven't even bought the original game!

Votes: 8 32.0%
  • I'm a full F2P. I've bought the original, no DLC.

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • I'm a full F2P. I've bought the original, with the DLC!

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • I spend a bit of money on SGM, and I've bought Skullgirls. Still no DLC.

• I spend a bit of money on SGM, and I've bought SG with DLC

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • I spend a lot of money on SGM, and I've bought everything for SG itself.

• I spend a lot of money on SGM, but I've only bought SG. No DLC.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I am very likely a whale and I've only bought SG.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I am very likely a whale and I've bought everything in Skullgirls.

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • I've donated to the Kickstarter!

Votes: 3 12.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Octovalley (Q)

Reaction score
Just a thing I've been curious about for a while. I'm a F2P who's bought almost all the DLC, but it's just nice to see what everyone else's done! (please only choose 2 answers if you have donated to the kickstarter.)

I am full F2P but I have been guilty of spending money on a F2P app that wasn’t Skullgirls. The game if you are curious is C.A.T.S.

I have personally never spend money on SGM, but I have purchased the original game.

I only plan to play SGM, but only because I suck at fighting games with real controls. If I find time to play on my computer it would be a shooter game.

Anyone spend over $1,000?

I spent a good $300-$400 on hearthstone a couple years back, never getting that time or money wasted back again.
That happens to the best of us. It could be worse; you could be a love live/anime game whale... or you could be still spending money on hearthstone. :confused:

Wow, I'm surprised how many people actually don't own the original... how did you get here then?

I actually owned the Mobile version before I owned the console version. The way I figured it out was pretty situational and random. Me and my friend were on PSN talking one day and Skullgirls was brought up as things we knew about but never played. He looked it up online and saw "Hey they're coming out with a mobile game" so when it came into the App Store we both downloaded it. Funny enough, playing the mobile version is what got me to purchase the Console (Second Encore) in the first place.

I actually owned the Mobile version before I owned the console version. The way I figured it out was pretty situational and random. Me and my friend were on PSN talking one day and Skullgirls was brought up as things we knew about but never played. He looked it up online and saw "Hey they're coming out with a mobile game" so when it came into the App Store we both downloaded it. Funny enough, playing the mobile version is what got me to purchase the Console (Second Encore) in the first place.
If it hadn't been for my friend (who loves valentine so much that she couldn't stop posting about the cards she got,) I wouldn't have found out until Kai made that new video about Skullgirls, SGM and Skullgirls 2. They really didn't advertise this game that much...

If it hadn't been for my friend (who loves valentine so much that she couldn't stop posting about the cards she got,) I wouldn't have found out until Kai made that new video about Skullgirls, SGM and Skullgirls 2. They really didn't advertise this game that much...

Which I'm guessing could have been because
1.) It's a small studio making a free mobile game and Adverts cost a lot of money (at least as far as I know)
Or
2.) It was more directly aimed at fans of the original Skullgirls games so they'd be more likely to see it be released and play the mobile version.

Which I'm guessing could have been because
1.) It's a small studio making a free mobile game and Adverts cost a lot of money (at least as far as I know)
Or
2.) It was more directly aimed at fans of the original Skullgirls games so they'd be more likely to see it be released and play the mobile version.
It's kinda both, tbh! It's a niche audience after so much time being out there (We still have melee to thank for you know, being what most people think of as a "fighting" game 'sides STF or Tekken and so on) that really, unless the VA's like Kai actually post stuff and or getting way with Arby's advertising (They did it with Filia recently!) ... You don't get much, you know? But with all the people actually playing, it's great to see how much love the franchise is finally getting!

Plan on buying the game and dlc. I probably won’t use money at all in the mobile version, but that could change.

I bought OG Skullgirls twice actually lol
Once when it first released on the PS3 way back and then when it came out on Steam again. A few months back i bought all the DLC as well.

On SGM i have spent 40€ so far i believe, though i've done that mostly just to support the devs, since i was able to farm most of what i wanted by playing f2p, only buying Theonite once a big update hits usually. :)

Reactions: Octovalley (Q)
I bought the welcome pack for SGM when it was briefly available, but since then haven't spent anything on SGM.
I have spent a truly absurd amount on Skullgirls for consoles though.

I paid £3 for the Steam version a couple of years ago and have played it for 4 hours. I cannot get used to fighting games that have so many buttons and combinations but I wanted to give Skullgirls a shot because everything else about the game appealed to me.

I've spent nothing on the mobile version and will keep it that way. It's a good game and controls well but I don't need to spend money on it.

Reactions: Ryouhi
I paid £3 for the Steam version a couple of years ago and have played it for 4 hours. I cannot get used to fighting games that have so many buttons and combinations but I wanted to give Skullgirls a shot because everything else about the game appealed to me.

I've spent nothing on the mobile version and will keep it that way. It's a good game and controls well but I don't need to spend money on it.
Yeah that's how i went in for the game as well.
Terrible at fighting games but i couldn't pass up such a beautifully animated game with such interesting character designs.

And even though i bought it for both console and steam... u barely played both sadly.
i just can't get used to all the different button presses and analog circling and what not.

Glad SGM is much easier to get into