• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

How attack priority work?

zzMedVeDzz

Reaction score
I started playing 2 days ago and difference with classic fighting games bothers me.
Basicaly, what attack have more priority?
Character recieving hits goes into stagger state, unless having armor.
How ever in SGM I encountered several situations when run attack is interepted via basic attack, or characters trading blows, but opponent ignores hit and send me into stagger with out having any armor.
Like how it should work? Does silver characters have more priority then bronze?
Does basic attack have more priority then run attack?
Is it possible to interupt BB or they all have invul?

P.S. How to jump?

Reactions: EmeraldSkirmish
The enemy may have unflinching, unless that’s what you meant by Armor. Either that or you’re attacking too slow.

In Skullgirls Mobile there is no Priority. Blockbusters (super attacks) are generally invincible though and they will beat all regular attacks and special moves.

In usual fighting games 'Armor' means you can absorb hits without staggering. That is called 'Unflinching' in Skullgirls Mobile. You will see a yellow helmet icon to show if a player has Unflinching.

No attack has more priority than other attacks, except some special ones that have Unflinching. Big Band's dash can absorb one hit, Cerebella's headbutt also has Unflinching, etc.

The state of ignoring attacks is called unflinching here. It can either be a separate status effect (AF Bella and Untouchable Peacock have it as SA for example), or be a de-facto move property (one-hit unflinching for Big Band dash, bella command charge, sekhmet state as a whole). You can throw unflinching people though.

There are no priorities, but since moves can haz unflinching or even invulnerable frames, they can be used as a stand-in for attack priority (most commonly big band dash, just make sure you aren't dashing into a multihit attack. AI can also throw you out of dash). Otherwise trading blows is possible, especially in mirror matches.

Since BBs are full of unflinching, invul and freeze frames, they are usually uninterruptable, but it depends. You can, for example, throw Peacock out of Argus Agony startup (she's only unflinching). You can throw Eliza out of sekhmet mode. You can cross-counter Parasoul motor brigade (brigade still rides, but Parasoul takes a hit and can even be knocked down).

BB3s though are designed to be unblockable, unbreakable and unavoidable, but even they can sometimes be broken. I've been knocked out of Filia's Blowout startup once. AFAIK you can (or at least could) sekhmet out of Strike Up The Band.

No "normal" jumping. Only launcher+juggle. Painwheel has questionably useful helicopter mode though.

TY.
Does low attack have any special properties? B/c some times it beats regular normals and sometimes it doesn't.

TY.
Does low attack have any special properties? B/c some times it beats regular normals and sometimes it doesn't.
Should not have any special properties. Maybe it's a hitbox issue? At least some characters can sweep under some projectiles. Maybe you can sweep under attack hitbox?

And what counts as "beats"? If 2 attacks have concurrent active frames, you get cross-counters, but in case of a sweep you only get a short stagger, and the enemy gets a knockdown out of a counter. So maybe it's about how active frames interact?

Sweeps (trips in SGM) have low hit boxes. Some attacks like Eliza's first tap attack hit very high, so a trip attack will go under it.

Reactions: TRIX
Also bonus question: Why attack have different colour and what coulr what means?
I know gold ones are crits and purple seems like element advantage...

Also bonus question: Why attack have different color and what could what means?
I know gold ones are crits and purple seems like element advantage...
Grey means Element Disadvantage, Blue means Neutral, Orange means Enraged damage (A stats buff that boosts your attack overall depending on how many stacks you have.)

Ty!
Last question: is it possible to "favorite" one of the characters? I have 3 same bellas, how will I separate them in a future? Is there some sort of fool protection for people to not **** up with fusion?

Reactions: EmeraldSkirmish
Ty!
Last question: is it possible to "favorite" one of the characters? I have 3 same bellas, how will I separate them in a future? Is there some sort of fool protection for people to not **** up with fusion?
Nope. You just have to pay close attention to the fight score.

Dash attacks typically have a slightly longer wind-up time than basic ground attacks, which is why it can seem as though there is priority. If you’re countering and you want to squeeze an attack in as quickly as possible, it’s better to go with a simple tap than swiping.

And yes, there’s no favouriting system (yet) but all of your fighters are sorted by fighter score in descending order by default. Usually your favourite fighter of the same type will be the strongest one, so they will come up first. That’s a good way to remember not to use them in Power Up and Evolve. A favourites feature could be very useful, though. Feel free to make an idea suggestion thread!