• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Fights AI reacts to quickly to projectile attacks

Ryouhi

Reaction score
I notice this most on my Peacock obviously, but the AI sometimes reacts frame perfectly for Projectile attacks.

They can be busy doing a dash forward and then switch to blocking instantly the moment i'm pressing the ability button.
That means even if i get them to basically run right into Peacocks Revolver, since they are AI they can react so quickly they can still block before they get hit.

This makes it really hard to use projectile attacks outside of actual combos, which however are not very reliable either and GDO actually got nerfed to not work as well in combos anyway.

So i'm wondering if players are supposed to rely on using combos to guarantee hits (which is unreliable) or to use at a range to punish (which the AI can still decide to just block).

The only way to guarantee a hit is when the AI charges a charge attack (which happens to rarely to rely on) or if the AI whiffes a full ground combo, which can be hard to punish because you'll be busy doing a backdash to get out of said attack.

Considering a Projectile Attacks advantage is it's range, the AI sometimes makes it really hard to utilize them.

I notice this most on my Peacock obviously, but the AI sometimes reacts frame perfectly for Projectile attacks.

They can be busy doing a dash forward and then switch to blocking instantly the moment i'm pressing the ability button.
That means even if i get them to basically run right into Peacocks Revolver, since they are AI they can react so quickly they can still block before they get hit.

This makes it really hard to use projectile attacks outside of actual combos, which however are not very reliable either and GDO actually got nerfed to not work as well in combos anyway.

So i'm wondering if players are supposed to rely on using combos to guarantee hits (which is unreliable) or to use at a range to punish (which the AI can still decide to just block).

The only way to guarantee a hit is when the AI charges a charge attack (which happens to rarely to rely on) or if the AI whiffes a full ground combo, which can be hard to punish because you'll be busy doing a backdash to get out of said attack.

Considering a Projectile Attacks advantage is it's range, the AI sometimes makes it really hard to utilize them.
The ai blocking is a pretty big thing but I always use peacocks projectiles on enemy tag in so It isn't a problem for me. Try using bang bang bang when the enemy tags in.

The ai blocking is a pretty big thing but I always use peacocks projectiles on enemy tag in so It isn't a problem for me. Try using bang bang bang when the enemy tags in.
i usually do that when they're still in the Air, but they sometimes still decide to instantly block before they can damage

It
i supposem but that makes them much less reliable than close ranged attacks even though their point is to attack from a range.
It makes sense they'd be less reliable because you can use them from a safe place unlike close range moves where it's easy for the ai to punish you.