• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Resolved Top Side of Skill Tree Bugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osterus

Reaction score
For Gold Big Band, it says "Signature Ability, Circular Breathing - Gain a random beneficial Combat Effect for every 20 Combo Hits."

The next upgrade for Gold Big Band in the uppermost band of the top skill tree is, ""Signature Ability, Circular Breathing - Gain a random beneficial Combat Effect for every 15 Combo Hits."

The next upgrade for Gold Big Band in the uppermost band of the top skill tree (Top middle upgrade) is, ""Signature Ability, Circular Breathing - Gain a random beneficial Combat Effect for every 15 Combo Hits."

^ Should this not be every 10 combo hits??

This is similar with Untouchable Peacock, "Signature Ability, Bulletproof - Also gain UNFLINCHING for 4 seconds"

The next upgrade for Untouchable Peacock in the uppermost band of the top skill tree is, "Signature Ability, Bulletproof - Also gain UNFLINCHING for 5 seconds"

The next upgrade for Untouchable Peacock in the uppermost band of the top skill tree (Top middle upgrade) is, "Signature Ability, Bulletproof - Also gain UNFLINCHING for 5 seconds"

^Should this not for every 6 seconds?

It should be obvious what I am referring to. It's basically on every single character where an upgrade does not appear to be an upgrade. It goes up by 1 second or decreases comboes by seemingly 5 combo hits, yet the last upgrade does exactly the same thing as the previous upgrade.

Therefore, I feel no screenshots are necessary. (Unless the devs are blind :D).

Are U checking those tooltips when there are ready to be bought or U still need to unlock something before them (their previous upgrades or Key gate)?

Well there's 2 things to address:
1) Visual Bug
2) Gameplay Bug

I have not yet tested it.. not enough skill points. But I hope the devs know how it's supposed to work and they should be testing it themselves..

My concern is the visual element ONLY. As I think it should say 10 combo hits for Big Bang. I do not know if this is what the devs have in mind or not, and if it is 10 combo hits, does it actually work?

It's not a bug, the abilites merely stack. Let's say you have an ability. You unlock it and now you have 5% for some extra benefit. Then you unlock the extra one beside it. Now you have 10%. Then you unlock the one above it. Now you have 15%.

Then you can unlock the secondary ability which also has 3 stages. Only by unlocking all three of them do you get the maxed out ability.

It's not a bug, the abilites merely stack. Let's say you have an ability. You unlock it and now you have 5% for some extra benefit. Then you unlock the extra one beside it. Now you have 10%. Then you unlock the one above it. Now you have 15%.

Then you can unlock the secondary ability which also has 3 stages. Only by unlocking all three of them do you get the maxed out ability.

How do you explain Big Bang's combo hit?

I do NOT think they stack at all.

Peacock does NOT gain unflinching for 4 + 5 + 5 seconds.....

Okay, let me put that in other way - Do U have that both 20 and 15 combo hits upgrade bought and then Ure looking at 3rd upgrade or U only have 20 combo hits upgrade, 15 combo hits ready to bought and then U look at 3rd upgrade?

If U don't understand just paste SShot with Ur concerns:)

How do you explain Big Bang's combo hit?

I do NOT think they stack at all.

Peacock does NOT gain unflinching for 4 + 5 + 5 seconds.....
I don't have it unlocked because I don't have enough skill points for him. But shouldn't it go from 20 -> some lower number? My point is, you actually have to buy them for their effect to kick in.

It will 20->15->10 but the change in description will be only visible when U have all previous upgrades bought; there cannot be anything between Ur current upgrade for him and the upgrade Ure speaking about.

And trust me that Big Band upgrade works like a charm.

Reactions: Ownface
It will 20->15->10 but the change in description will be only visible when U have all previous upgrades bought; there cannot be anything between Ur current upgrade for him and the upgrade Ure speaking about.

And trust me that Big Band upgrade works like a charm.

Wow... I've never had a skill tree that changes based on the previous point placed into it.

Visually, it doesn't make any sense.

But OK. Thanks for the intel

If it really works this way, it sure isn't intuitive. The tool tips should be very clear on what each skill at each tier provides, not just duplicate skill descriptions.

EDIT: This was really bothering me, so I took some screenshots

http://imgur.com/a/LZ338

EDIT 2: Never mind, upgrading this skill actually made it worse! It wasn't misleading- it was right! I really didn't think the game would make you pay money to make your signature ability WORSE! I'm going to report this as an actual bug.

Last edited:
Reactions: Osterus
I totally agree...

It doesn't even make sense if the skill change works this way or why should it not say

20> 20> 20?

Instead of changing mid-way for some unknown haphazard reason.....

If I knew there was only 10 consecutive hits I would've bought this upgrade a lot sooner. Very unintuitive.

@Danny_the_Dog is correct. The tool tips currently change dynamically based on your node states. It's on our list to refactor this in the future so players can better view and understand the upgrade paths for locked skill trees.

Status
Not open for further replies.