• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Other Feedback on the Update 1.6 teasing

Ryouhi

Reaction score
Now, to start this off, let me say i really appreciate that we get teasers at all.

But with the recent teases for 1.6 i feel like we're going the wrong direction, though of course all that follows is just my opinion.

So, we have now reached the 4th week of teasers, with the first one being tweeted on the 6th October.
Personally, i feel like this is dragging out the teasing waaaaay too much.
Compared to the Update that came before, we got the teasers for the new Gold cards two weeks in advance to the Update being released. (First Gold Reveal was on the 13th September, Patchnotes on the 20th and release on 29th)

I was so much more excited to get the new golds during the teasers for 1.5 than i currently am now for Double, just because the teasers have been dragged out for twice as long now already and we still haven't even seen their Special Abilities be revealed yet, when the Patch Notes told us to watch out for them to be revealed on Twitter and such a week ago.

Call me impatient, but all the hype built up during the first 1-2 weeks is pretty much wearing thin right now for me, though i do not know how others feel about this of course.

Personally, i'd much prefer teasers being released around 1 or 2 weeks prior to the Patch's planned release date, because as is with 4 weeks of teasers (and potentially next week as well) you won't be taking advantage of the hype as well as you would otherwise.

What do you think?
Are you still as excited as in the beginning?
Or does your hype start to wane as well?

I personally feel like early teasers are fine if done well.

The problem is that they're trying to hype two things at once, the Val origin story and the Double release. Personally I'm more interested in the new character, and its not interesting to see day after day of just Val teasers.

If I was interested in both, I'd say the Val teasers were done much better though. Starting off with small information then giving us cool new group shots and such. The problem is that the Double teasers (which, lets be honest, most people would be more interested in), are coming too slowly. The first few teasers were the weird cryptic messages which I feel dragged on for way too long, like, we all knew it would be double by the second or third picture. The only solid information we got was on the patch preview. If they started showing off the new variants on twitter, itd be so much more hype.

Reactions: Ryouhi
I'm hyper hyped, honestly. A new character is ALWAYS good, and another origin story means that filia's is even closer!

I've saved up a boatload of theonite for relics once double is out (probably only standard relics, but 20+2 should get me enough of hers to start me off),and i've got a bunch of relics already saved up from clearing out the lastlittle bit of story mode.

The teasers may have been stretched out, but these things happen sometimes when development goes a bit slower. I'd rather have a team that is excited to show off what they are doing (and time a risk to timeframe) than a team that only lets me know after the programming is ready! As it is, we got to guess what double's SA would be, see her variants, and talk to each other in the forum before it launches.

That being said, maybe the teasers could be done a little different. I'll admit that double is completely stealing valentine's thunder right about now.

I think part of the problem was more due to sudden unexpected delays that happened while they started teasing, but I do agree that at least one Double special ability would have been nice to know by now

Reactions: Luke
Certainly doesn't help that the update got pushed to mid-November :(