• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Fights Ridiculously unfair fights.

Fujiwara

Reaction score
This is the very first time I have to make a forum account to complain about a game. So I hope I'm on the right section - feedback.

First of all, I will let you know that I played my share of fighting games. I know my stuff. I admit that I might not be the best gamer ever, but I managed to beat most bread-and-butter fighting games on standard difficulties and some even on harder difficulties.

Also, I get that this is a mobile port, which is supposed to be more focused on casual gameplay and etcetera. I even played my share of mobile fighting games as well, like Injustice, MK and Marvel Contest of Champions - which are pretty similar to SG in a matter of controls, events, grinding and such.

However, never before on these mobile games I have been through a situation in which I felt cheated, or even mocked by a developer with a bad sense of humor, like what happened today.

Now, straight to the point: how am I supposed to beat something like this? An opponent with UNFLINCHING and 15% of triggering invulnerability for 3 seconds on hit? And as if it wasn't enough, the enemy has over 2.4k combat rating, and is mysteriously capable of doing endless combos that keep going even after a character has been knocked out.

I tried using throw moves - the obvious choice - it didn't work. Most throws are ignored, because the AI will instantly trigger the escape, counterattack and combo my character to oblivion. Once she builds up her unblockable blockbuster, it's over. As a result, my 2 only gold fighters (a Silent Kill Valentine and a Evangelion Painwheel, with 1.2~1.3k rating) were no match for this Primed Parasoul.

So, what kind of sadistic individual comes up with these buff combinations? Is it their way to tell me to dump cash on their game? If the answer is yes, I will let you know that it had the opposite effect. I surely won't be putting any money in this game ever again. Extremely unfair situations like these shouldn't even be a thing in a fighting game. I understand that sometimes the AI must be tweaked to offer a bit of challenge, like what happens on Prize Fight mode, but this? This is absolute nonsense.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-11-13-00-47-01.png
    Screenshot_2017-11-13-00-47-01.png
    440.6 KB · Views: 29
It just means you should level up your characters more.

I agree the modifiers are overkill, but it makes at least a challenge.

I'll agree with @Ryouhi here.

Yes, the modifiers are very much in need of a change, however, that isn't to say it's not worth the challenge. You do need to level up your characters in order to get to higher leveled platforms (I.E Expert difficulty and later prize fight events in streaks) however, I understand your point as well.

Seeing as it is, your best bet is to use attacks that will definitely hit and cause major damage to Parasoul, that being Death Crawl and Checkmate Incision so that in case invincibility is triggered, you've still damage applied. Grab moves as well, such as Beowulf's Geatish Trepak and any command grabs such as Merry-go-rilla from a Cerebella is treated as an unbreakable throw, but also don't be afraid to use Valentine's vial throws (One of them should have the ability to get rid of status effects if applied should you do trigger invincibility.)

If you can, unblockable charge moves for Valentine will also be good to use seeing as she can quickly dash through towards parasoul and knock into her to a combo if need be. Another move, where she tosses the opponent in the air and slices them with a sharp surgical instrument may also be a good idea seeing as it may work the same way as Parasoul's Canopy Bounce, use it to your advantage if so as Unflinching opponents generally take damage first before completely going all out with the modifier (As many have had the joy of experiencing with a certain Peacock)

After all those options, your best bet is to then play the game and hope the Parasoul has no BB3's in order to be able to "tank" the hits and deliver punishment accordingly. If fighting Expert difficulty then, applause to you but you must grind a bit more in order to effectively deal damage, fight scores are very big on this game's gameplay, if you do not have a certain amount against the opponent, your moves will deal negligible damage.

Also, Chocoglycemia is a boon to use (Grants Regen, so use after a successful grab and Parasoul is knocked onto the ground for a few precious seconds), do try to see what stats are on your moves and upgrade them accordingly. They too can be a big difference if you boost up defense % or Block Proficiency.

Keep on fighting! You'll be at the top in no time!

I'll also have to agree and state that it's just another way to increase the challenge and get you to solve a problem beyond pure fighter score. You're just not high enough level to take on that combatant, you're gonna need to either get a higher FS or abuse a bunch of moves you may not have available. It's as reasonable as sectioning off content by level; you just aren't high enough level for that fight yet.

I have came to realize, no matter how broken a game mechanic can be, it will almost always be your end or lack of knowledge. At least that's how the developer ends up making it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I have came to realize, no matter how broken a game mechanic can be, it will almost always be your end or lack of knowledge. At least that's how the developer ends up making it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Honestly, as another player: GIT GUD

If the fights are hard? GOOD! I like a challenge now and then, and it's not bad to have goals. there are golds with 50 levels under your belt: until you have one, can you really expect to beat every challenge?

I can see a debate about big band's daily event being harder than other daily events... but the story mode gets hard, and I'm okay with that: otherwise, I'd have beat every level by now and gotten bored.

See, I would normally say "I see your frustration, and I understand it." But honestly dude, the game itself isn't console SG very much at all. It is certainly not also going to be in any way "easy" with the way certain aspects are either, because you're not going to be spamming one button / attack each time.

What's on your end is mainly your playing of the game. Balance issues are there for a reason to call out, but we're lucky enough the devs here to take those feedbacks in suggestion as well. However, in this situation, the game mechanic isn't as broken as changing tactics as I said above: If your fight score isn't closer to the opponent, your attacks deal less damage and you most likely will need to add in status effects and so on because this version of SG is a tactical game. I'm not saying Git Gud (I hate the phrase myself) but what I'm saying is rethink things.

Sometimes you have to save some challenges for later when you can go back and easily accomplish it. Sometimes you have to beef up your repertoire in order to continue on. But it is not on you at fault just because you cannot pass a simple challenge, it's how you react to it. Do you try to change it up and try a new battle tactic? Do you level up? And I feel that's the point of it.

If you won't actually pick up and move on and get on the grind, you can't expect the game to reward you, as this game has a similar system as other games of it's genre. You won't get far if you don't pick up on that and find ways to go around the problem rather than rushing into it hastily. If that's your style, simply play SG Second Encore! If not, try to grind your levels and take a look around the other threads to build a team you're confident on playing with and then, go wild after you built a battle strategy. Or, after you grind and upgrade your moves, come back to your challenges and beat the ever living crud out of em.

EDIT: Also, in terms of OP's problem, don't be afraid of using BB3 and command grabs to your advantage since they're unblockable. Even if the opponent is unflinching, they'll still be hit and possibly debuffed too!

Last edited:
The challenge is needed because outside of Prize Fights, the game gets very easy once you have high-level characters. For cases like that where the modifiers are particularly annoying, you need to consider how to counter of reduce the influence of the modifiers. In the case of that particular combination you mentioned, you need moves that hit once and hit hard, preferably from a distance. Space out your throws if you try to use them, because the AI adapts if you use them too much.

I will agree that some combinations of modifiers are annoying. That Painwheel PF with the modifier that makes BBs charge faster when hit is super annoying, because it punishes you for landing hits successfully. But I would say that unblockable BBs need to be changed before changing that modifier; the idea is interesting, kind of throwing normal fighting strategies for a loop, but with 3rd tier BBs being so strong, it just promotes their use over other things.

Also, it's going to be expected that a character that's almost double your combat rating will be tough to beat. Use other parts of the game (PFs and Story) to level up characters for other things.