• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

4.10.2 Update Notes (Now Live!)

Sairus

AKA Cellsai
Hidden Variable Dev
Reaction score
Update 03/31/2022
We've just released a very small update (4.10.2) that you should see roll out across your stores later today. This is NOT Umbrella. She will be arriving in the next Major update.
There'll be a short downtime for maintenance around 9am PT on April 1st to complete this update.

Here's the changes in this release:

• Improved in-game chat reporting logic. This will make it MUCH easier and faster to remove players that abuse the in-game chat. If you see any players causing issues in chat, be sure to report them!
  • Made adjustments to upcoming Event Prize Fights, which you'll hear all about very soon!
  • Improved error tracking for issues related to the Store.
  • Free gifts for character birthdays will now be claimed from the Store instead of Mail.
  • Android users will see the app icon change to Umbrella/Hungern themed. We're trying out a few of them in advance of her release in the next update. See if you can find them all!

Update 12/17/2021:
This is a small update for iOS devices that fixes an issue where some lower end iOS devices could not enter the game correctly.

Update 12/13/2021:
Added a brief section to the Spotlight Relic section about their availability in the future that we forgot to include before.

------

Hey everyone,

2021 is almost over but we wanted to squeeze in one more update before the end of the year!

4.10 will be releasing on Monday December 13. We aim to go into Maintenance around noon PT. You may want to avoid getting into important fights or using XP boosters around then!

This update focuses on increasing player agency in chasing down specific Fighters, along with some brand new variants, some balance adjustments and some pretty major adjustments to Prize Fight rewards. A little bit of everything to keep you toasty during the winter season!

U1sQ6MFNaBG_Fmb-x2O2Dle7dCMaR3TIrHRYLEgjvl_iNJu4PRXeoB4XCw-J91d41nXiLWAfTAgT_W6peyrd9u-paprGLpw12r4RZLaQ5StVouuWB2gmKSSVtvEpFB8LDMRTVBL2

NEW ADDITIONS

NEW FIGHTERS

Just in time for the Holidays we’ve added three new Fighters! We’ll be showing off the Diamond Fighter during maintenance on Monday 13 December!

mkwOkxl.png

Silver: Robo-Fortune - Vector Protector
Gold: Cerebella - Blitz & Glamor
Diamond: Fukua - Dream Demon

Check out the trailers for all these Fighters on our social media pages.

These Fighters are timed exclusives in Ornamental Relics that will be available during the Season’s Beatings event. More on that below!

Ic8akjDHitUnl_VVx7eVB2LZEpOZe5qU818EPehZJIbn9arD7QYTN2YFisKzB_5g7r06RSRN7yz50RJfcqG6_b8E_UgtWKd1ewylttUEjq4gqTc5wyDLogXgRkqGab6Pxkur0PzD

CABINET OF CURIOSITIES - TRIBUTES

After we adjusted how sacrificing Fighters worked in 4.9, you’re likely swimming in A LOT of Skill Points by now. Taliesin has opened a new section of the Cabinet of Curiosities to help you put those Skill Points to good use!

guQwW4T.png

This new TRIBUTES tab will allow you to spend Skill Points to purchase Special Moves, Blockbusters, Relics, and Fighters. All items will cost Skill Points based on the associated character (for example, you will need to spend Cerebella Skill Points to buy any item associated with Cerebella).

A unique feature of the Tributes tab is a chance that Gold Fighters will appear! If you’re hunting a specific Fighter to fill a hole in your collection or you need them to unlock a Prestige Ability, this could be just what you’re looking for.

The odds of a Gold Fighter appearing are similar to Diamond Keys in the other tabs, so you’ll want to pounce on them when you see something you’re interested in. Like the other tabs in the Cabinet, Taliesin’s wares will refresh every hour. Check back often!

Ic8akjDHitUnl_VVx7eVB2LZEpOZe5qU818EPehZJIbn9arD7QYTN2YFisKzB_5g7r06RSRN7yz50RJfcqG6_b8E_UgtWKd1ewylttUEjq4gqTc5wyDLogXgRkqGab6Pxkur0PzD

PRIZE FIGHT REWARDS ADJUSTMENTS

In the wake of Diamond Prize Fights and Prestige Abilities, we’ve been monitoring Prize Fights in general very carefully. Based on those observations, we’ve made some big adjustments to the rewards available in all Character Prize Fights.

You probably already know this, but Prize Fight rewards are split into two types:

Milestone Rewards - Guaranteed rewards you will receive when you reach a specific threshold of points.
Event Rewards - Bonus rewards you will receive depending on where you ranked at the end of an event.

Typically, most players aim to achieve the top 10% Event Rewards so they can secure a free Fighter, but this can be a little unreliable sometimes.

As of 4.10, the Fighter reward has been removed from the Event Rewards and moved to a new Milestone Reward instead. This means if you reach a specific score in Prize Fights you are guaranteed to receive the Fighter - no more wondering if you got into the top 10% or not!

Yfs7AQZ.png

To account for the Fighters being moved to Milestone Rewards, a generous spread of Character Relics have been added as prizes in the Event Rewards for all tiers of Character Prize Fights.

Even if you can’t reach that final Milestone, you’ll still have a chance at pulling the Fighter!

SPOTLIGHT RELICS

Still having trouble getting that one variant you've been chasing? Spotlight Relics are for you!

These new Relics are designed to help players get exactly the Fighters they’re looking for. Each Spotlight Relic has a very specific theme and a very small loot table. You’ll only be able to pick up these Relics via Theonite Offers.

KZh0W8u.png

These Relics have the same odds as a Jackpot Relic or Event Relic. That means they guarantee a Silver or better, and a 10+1 Spotlight will contain at least one Gold or Diamond.

Each Spotlight only has one possible Gold or Diamond reward, so the 10+1 will guarantee you one or more of those Fighters!

Each Spotlight Relic will only be available for one week at a time before being replaced by a different Spotlight Relic. In other words, don’t wait too long if the active Spotlight Relics contains something you’re looking for!

The Interstellar Spotlight Relic is the first Spotlight to appear. As you can see above, it has an Annie theme and will roll out on December 20th.

Each Spotlight Relic will only be available for one week. For now, Spotlight Relics are being released on a limited basis and will only be available for 6 weeks from December 20th until January 31st.Stay tuned for more details on Spotlight Relic availability in the future!

SEASON’S BEATINGS EVENT

9bxZMx7.png

Umbrella is not quite ready to join Skullgirls Mobile this update, but she still wanted to get involved as the traditional host for Season’s Beatings!

You may have noticed that we’ve been tweaking and adjusting the special event Prize Fights in recent updates. 4.10 represents the new normal for these events going into the new year.

Going forward, every special event will have TWO event Relics. For Season’s Beatings, that means the ORNAMENTAL RELIC and the FROSTED DIAMOND RELIC.

ORNAMENTAL RELICS

Following the pattern established in 4.9, the Ornamental Relic will have 3 Diamonds, 3 Golds and 9 Silvers. As we mentioned above, these Relics contain three brand new Fighters as timed exclusives.

0suRd6N.png

SILVER

Robo-Fortune - Vector Protector **TIMED EXCLUSIVE**
Beowulf - Hype Man
Annie - Glamour Galactic
Painwheel - Blood Drive
Squigly - Dead Heat
Valentine - Kill Joy
Big Band - Treble Maker
Filia - Bad Ms. Frosty
Parasoul - No Egrets

GOLD

Cerebella - Blitz & Glamour **TIMED EXCLUSIVE**
Peacock - Mean One
Double - Evergreen Evil

DIAMOND

Fukua - Dream Demon **TIMED EXCLUSIVE**
Eliza - Mummy Dearest
Ms. Fortune - Wind Stalker

FROSTED DIAMOND RELICS

Every Event Prize Fight will now come with a very covetable Diamond Relic! The Frosted Diamond Relic is available to purchase with Theonite, but you can also get one for free if you can reach the final Milestone Reward!

SK8nGP1.png

Fukua - Dream Demon **TIMED EXCLUSIVE**
Eliza - Mummy Dearest
Ms. Fortune - Wind Stalker
Annie - Model Leader
Valentine - Tres Chic

The Season’s Beatings Prize Fight is a festival of colors - depending on what element your Fighter is, it will get a unique buff for the whole fight. Your opponent will get a buff too, so you’ll need to pay careful attention to team composition going into this event.

So when does Season’s Beatings start? That leads us to...

EVENT PRIZE FIGHT SCHEDULE

You may have noticed Events going through some changes with recent updates - the lengths of events, the contents of relics, the prizes available, etc. Everything has been getting a bit of attention. We have more plans yet to come for Events, but Season’s Beatings marks the beginning of a new paradigm for events scheduling.

As of 4.10, all events will last one full month. Season’s Beatings is an exception as it lays the foundation - it will start as soon as 4.10 is available and will last until the end of January.
On February 1st the Valentine’s Day event will begin, and it will last until the end of February.
On March 1st the St. Patrick’s Day event will begin, and it will last until the end of March.

amF3MXi.png

Going forward there will always be a special event active in addition to the standard Prize Fight rotation!

q0OWseTmdxh1RKgVzVbEm0uu2QrMHof5ZIwi39eUrWxLQ_4Z4LNvdUuC_q2r0FKiCWvqCO_xmdRTZL7uBWssJRhEtlQAirwx2Cq66kipPwRFJbRKEwVGYqAJIoBLHv49dNyYzuSj

12 DAYS OF GIFTING

VZSsXBu.png

The 12 Days of Gifting celebration returns this year! As a special holiday treat, log into Skullgirls Mobile every day from December 14 until December 25 to receive a special festive freebie.
Unlike previous years, these won’t be sent out in the mail. You’ll need to go into the Offers Store to collect these goodies. They won’t last long though, so be sure to log in every day to claim your prize!

q0OWseTmdxh1RKgVzVbEm0uu2QrMHof5ZIwi39eUrWxLQ_4Z4LNvdUuC_q2r0FKiCWvqCO_xmdRTZL7uBWssJRhEtlQAirwx2Cq66kipPwRFJbRKEwVGYqAJIoBLHv49dNyYzuSj

BALANCE ADJUSTMENTS

DULktoo.png

It’s been a while since we’ve done a large update to existing Fighters and their Signature Abilities. As this is the season of giving, there’s no nerfs here - everyone gets buffs!

QRS8nNd.png

Other notable adjustments:
  • To remove an abusable loop, Fukua’s Lobs of Love is no longer unblockable at close range.
  • Alongside her gameplay adjustments, Mummy Dearest has had fancy new color effects added to her palette.
This is far from the last time we’ll be doing balance updates, so don’t worry if there’s a particularly glaring Fighter that you feel needs tuning that’s not listed here. There’s a good chance you’ll see them in a future update!

ClGKlyj-pIDwIF3MRPik3BPveJQRA7b72nzN6foN8dogs1dNw79JqaP3RXbSVnPnOkZBdKDC6Aqy67-Qrjw4-gtZtc4QRoQs8f-HMyd6J_WPGPsohxPgfquRpLXJiiVXtjpM9qrQ

OTHER CHANGES

COLLECTION
  • Increased the maximum Fighter Collection total to 1,000.
  • Increased the maximum Move Collection total to 2,000.

Please note that lower end devices may experience some slowdown if you reach maximum capacity with these new limits. Hoard responsibly!

MISC
  • The Canopy Coin cost of Peacock - Prism Plumage has been reduced to standard prices in the Trinkets tab of the Cabinet of Curiosities.
  • Fixed an issue where players could equip the wrong Special Moves in the Tutorial.
  • Adjusted the positioning of the Prestige Ability and Locked icons when sacrificing Fighters.
  • Revised the New Update Available popup text to include helpful tips to find the Update if it’s not showing up in the store correctly. They’re good tips, so I’ll leave them here too:

If your store app doesn’t display the update, please attempt the following:
    - Restart your Store App.
    - Force your Store App to check for ALL App Updates (not just Skullgirls).
    - Restart your device.
COMBAT
  • Fixed a bug where Season’s Beatings “O Holy Night” Modifier would revive Fighters early if they were revived by another ability and then KOed again.
  • Fixed a bug where Beowulf’s Prestige Ability did not apply a damage boost to projectile hits (namely his chair).
LGoU1OmSZSRLNZakJu0UWzd0PZCLxFvnm_R_CIvCzMrEGFw0NeFSEndCS4RcVirv1Lnz7YjGpoq8T_RooMiEhsbVgcDDl_-HMVofRyUULn5SWmBPLmm9vxLFxLeOcAa5zhAh0Rcp

4.10 is the last update for Skullgirls Mobile this year, but we’ll be back in 2022 and we’ll be bringing Umbrella and (eventually) Black Dahlia with us!

Leave a comment below if you have any questions, and let us know what you think of this update.

Also, keep an eye out on our social media accounts to stay up to date on new developments, giveaways and contests in the coming weeks!

As always, thanks so much for all your support!

- Hidden Variable

Last edited:
Why the PA leveling system isn't based on the tier that a fighter currently have instead of the base tier that it was? Is just ridiculous and make evolving fighters useless unless you want some for an evolution, can you take a look for that? I think this is an error (taking into account this the game reads the current tier that a fighter have in some situations)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211210-233612_Skullgirls.jpg
    Screenshot_20211210-233612_Skullgirls.jpg
    761.2 KB · Views: 49
As of 4.10, the Fighter reward has been removed from the Event Rewards and moved to a new Milestone Reward instead. This means if you reach a specific score in Prize Fights you are guaranteed to receive the Fighter - no more wondering if you got into the top 10% or not!
Okay, this is pure gold.
Can't wait for the update.

Wow a whole month for event pfs wonder how the top 10% for those are going to look lol but i really love all of these changes! See you guys in the pf

Reactions: VAL Delta
Why the PA leveling system isn't based on the tier that a fighter currently have instead of the base tier that it was? Is just ridiculous and make evolving fighters useless unless you want some for an evolution, can you take a look for that? I think this is an error (taking into account this the game reads the current tier that a fighter have in some situations)
That does suck when trying to max the pa of bronze/silver fighters, but 1. they are much easier to get, so (most people) don't have to use their evolved variants and 2. Current tier and natural tier are completely different, they don't have to be read the same way by the game in the setting of the collection or the fights, (If that was the case "natural" tiers would be irrelevant). Its not a bug, just a feature :)

Reactions: Papyrus1910
Lots of great updates this patch! The only two things that didn’t make it this year on the roadmap are Daily Event improvements and the Exp item. I personally don’t need exp items but would love to see changes to daily update as soon as possible.

So, the new diamond variant is clearly a fire element one. From the shadow you can see it’s painwheel. So a new firw

Really happy to see the game finally getting to the point where obtaining specific variants isn’t an incredibly luckily or rage quit/burn your wallet relationship. Tributes and spotlight relics, while still had some RNG involve, greatly improves the agency. Will there be more updates on this aspect next year? Or maybe finally moving to more reliable ways to get 3/3 moves in 2022?

Love the PF rewards adjustments! Glad you guys liked the idea of moving the character to milestone - this will lower the crazy top10% inflation.

Character balance is always good. Most are close to what we were predicting in the other thread. Treble Maker is now crazy good - a second Filia Dread Lock on triple light node… paired with Futile Resistance this could be make D quit the game 😂 Mummy Dearest gaining immunity is a big deal! Think I’ll invest in her now. Wind Stalker is still underwhelming for non-headless players like me…

Month long seasonal PFs? I’ll probably do it all on the last day… but this is a really good change for the more causal players and newer players. The question is - what the heck will we celebrate in April, June, and August??? Guessing November will be a thanksgiving one.

Lobs of love nerf is a big ouch! Granted it was too good to be true to begin with, could you at least change the trajectory so it’s easier to hit shorter characters from afar?

Character and move max inventory capacity increase is nice but probably would be unnecessary if you could give us move loadout sooner. Max Character capacity is not an issue anymore with PA to deal with dupes

Overall it’s been a good year of updates. Can’t wait to see 2022 roadmap soon! Other than Umbrella and Black Dhalia, I really hope to see the new end game mode (endless tower?) and hopefully a new batch of catalysts to shake up the rift meta.

Last edited:
Btw about the future 4.10 I will miss Treble Maker old SA, it was good but I was expecting other thing about his rework :'(, and about the future fire diamond fighter I would just literally blow up if you add the Spiderman skin of Painwheel, if it becomes so, it would be a very VERY well planned success

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211211-000205_Brave.jpg
    Screenshot_20211211-000205_Brave.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 29
Reactions: Codlugarthia
Quiero que Pongan un sentro de recarga pz algunos no tienen tarjeta de Banco yo no tengo tarjeta porfa soy de Perú incluyan eso 🥺🥺

Actually new diamond looks more like Fukua. Plus fire variants for Painwheel are both in silver and gold tiers, while there is no gold Fukua. As for 4.9 total of 11 Fukuas are available but 12 Painwheels.

As for balance and PFs changes sound great.

Reactions: rexturtle1120
The silhouette should be Filia/Fukua! I think Fukua is more likely. Here's the frame that is suspected for this mystery Diamond: IMG_9186.jpg

Really loving the update!! Daily rework seems to be a much bigger hurdle to work on so I'm glad you guys tackled the increased fighter agency first to push this update quicker.

Balance updates are SOOO coooolll. Mummy is actually great - 30 second IMMUNITY is INSANE.

Since there's been plenty of PF adjustments, can y'all look at elemental prize fights? Needing to grind top 10 (usually 160-180 mill points) to get an essence is really tedious :c

I'm guessing we're getting an Easter-themed April event! Every event having a Diamond Relic Prize Fight reward is also really sick!

I could literally weep for joy with the move capacity increase. It's been the bane of my life for ages. Thank you for listening!!

The new variants are also especially welcome as are tributes and the buffs you've made.

I'll take some more time to digest this and probably reply again but at first read Dusty00 pretty much nailed it.

Thanks for all your continued hard work.

Cod

Reactions: rexturtle1120
The update is great, it finally makes sense to use my shiny mummy. But I do have one question. For the new year there's a pack of all characters for 5k theonite right? You can only buy it once? Does it make sense for me to save up 10k to buy it twice, or can I spend it on something else?

P.S. If you could also improve hellcat and rain shadow that would be great

Last edited:
The update is great, it finally makes sense to use my shiny mummy. But I do have one question. For the new year there's a pack of all characters for 5k theonite right? You can only buy it once? Does it make sense for me to save up 10k to buy it twice, or can I spend it on something else?

P.S. If you could also improve hellcat and rain shadow that would be great
Once

Reactions: Blessed Mage
A very cool update of fast games. Bravo🥳.

But each patch also brings a little pain😢.
It seems to me it would be fair to introduce a small compensation🫂 to those who:
bought additional cells💎 (as I understood on Monday their total number will be increased);
or, when entering prestige👑, it was possible to give a choice of a minimum level (2,4,10) to each character developed to a diamond, at least for every fifth diamond made.
I think many will agree that not having prestige after the patch was unpleasant, for example, when you used 2 of the same gold for hero development a month ago, especially if you no more duplicates.

I know that in some games there is such a practice, I hope that I will be heard📢 and supported♥️.

Last edited:
I am very happy with the new update, but are the questions being considered at least somehow: about guilds; finishing the story mode, character story mode ...? I also wanted to ask about the maximum 70 level (maybe I don't understand something, but I think you can consider increasing the maximum level to 100) my words are not a quibble, in fact these are the questions that visit me first

Last edited: