• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

4.10.2 Update Notes (Now Live!)

The update is great, it finally makes sense to use my shiny mummy. But I do have one question. For the new year there's a pack of all characters for 5k theonite right? You can only buy it once? Does it make sense for me to save up 10k to buy it twice, or can I spend it on something else?

P.S. If you could also improve hellcat and rain shadow that would be great
as far as I know, you can buy 1 pack a day, then in 2 days you can buy 330 relics, but this is not accurate.

There's SO MUCH in this update! And as a bonus for me it drops on my birthday too lol

HVS and the gang keeps showing us how much they care about this game and the community with these amazing updates ❤️

Also... HA!
Now that Wind Stalker properly drains meter, people can't call her Fart Stalker anymore 😼

• Haha
Reactions: BallotBoxer
Lovely changes but ouch, you guys took Parasoul cancel away last patch and now lobs of love D: my poor mains.. (time to main the kitty cat)
Had to go back and read about lobs of love😫 and I just learnt that combo.

Wow! I thought 4.10 would just be some tiny patch, but it is huge!

As @ZeoW and @Dusty00 deduced, that's a Fire Fukua! This is what I see:
dia-Fukua.jpg
frame: Frame Dump > fukua > attack > super > skullball > superprojectile14_fukua_1p

Maybe an original palette? Otherwise, #20 (Red Venom), #7 (Akuma), and #8 (Mech Zangief) would be great Fire samples.

Monthly Event Prize Fights
Any holiday ideas for April, June, August, and November?

January (bridged from December)
winter holidays like Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, New Years etc.
SEASON'S BEATINGS

February
Valentine's day
ROSES ARE RED, VIOLENCE IS DUE

March
St. Patrick's day
CRAIC SOME HEADS

April
April Fool's day?
Peacock themed PF with "prank" modifiers

May
Cinco de Mayo
¡VIVA LA FIESTA!

June
Summer solstice for Northern Hemisphere?
Light/Dark PF

July
Fourth of July
FIREWORKS SHOW

August
Uhh... *checks notes* ... the first Sunday in August is "Sisters Day"?
Umbrella and Parasoul themed PF

September
Back to School
A CLASS OF ONE'S OWN

October
Halloween
COSTUME PARTY

November
Thanksgiving?
A PF about being overstuffed with buffs/debuffs

December (bridges to January)
winter holidays like Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, New Years etc.
SEASON'S BEATINGS

Last edited:
Pro tip: Based on what we've been told (well, shown), it's cheaper to get golds via Tributes than buying directly through Rift coins. You can buy SP with rift coins at a 3:4 ratio, which means 2500 SP is less than 2500 rift coins

1639270697068.png

If you're looking for evo fodder, silvers are by far the best value. You can get enough for a gold with 1250 SP, while you would need 2000 from bronzes and 2500 from golds. None of this accounts for the leveling refund to be fair, but I think even after that silvers win.

In conclusion: buy every silver of a fighter you like evolving, only buy golds you think you may use (or want to PA). Or be like me and buy every gold anyways cause Lapis is pretty who cares if she's good <3

Wow I love the idea of a monthly special pf!
And oooo I can now save up theo in case I see the offer for Beast King Beowulf!
Unless... the new diamond is a cool looking Fukua or skullkid Painwheel palette... I don't know if I will be able to restrain myself.

On Decrypted… I Still want that SA2 back. The new one doesn’t do enough. And seeing as decrypteds a bronze, I don’t think the buff stealing will make any big impact. But everything deserves a chance, so we’ll see what happens.

Month long prizefights sound great! Although I wonder how much the reward thresholds are going to change to accommodate that. We’re gonna look back and laugh wondering how we ever got 200 million points in 3-4 days.

The tributes look good BUT I am worried for new players. With regards to cabinet/marquee/prestige, I’m worried that new players won’t spend their resources responsibly because there are so many options. For ex. A player sacrifices all their new gold Eliza’s to Maraquee their Eliza Decrypted, without testing or investing in any of their new fighters. Which harms them later when it comes to story mode or rift. A fix to this would be to lock prestige/cabinet behind certain levels, but then that might hurt those players who have an abundance of a certain fighter or need specific things from the cabinet. Decisions decisions.

NEW FIGHTERS, YAAAAAAAYYYYYYY.
I know we’re getting umbrella soon, but it feels like it’s been a long while since we’ve gotten new ones. Thanks for this!

With that, I am very happy with this update, thank you for giving us somthing to hold us over until umbrella. Fighter balancing, whether it’s better or worse, is always appreciated and I hope to see more in the future. Thanks devs!

I could literally weep for joy with the move capacity increase. It's been the bane of my life for ages. Thank you for listening!!

The new variants are also especially welcome as are tributes and the buffs you've made.

I'll take some more time to digest this and probably reply again but at first read Dusty00 pretty much nailed it.

Thanks for all your continued hard work.

Cod
I was looking for this one! Glad to see it’s finally happened. And I guess you’ve got to get hard at work pulling those new fighters and Simon Diamonding em too, right?

• Love
Reactions: Codlugarthia
Hey everyone,

2021 is almost over but we wanted to squeeze in one more update before the end of the year!

4.10 will be releasing on Monday December 13. We aim to go into Maintenance around noon PT. You may want to avoid getting into important fights or using XP boosters around then!

This update focuses on increasing player agency in chasing down specific Fighters, along with some brand new variants, some balance adjustments and some pretty major adjustments to Prize Fight rewards. A little bit of everything to keep you toasty during the winter season!

U1sQ6MFNaBG_Fmb-x2O2Dle7dCMaR3TIrHRYLEgjvl_iNJu4PRXeoB4XCw-J91d41nXiLWAfTAgT_W6peyrd9u-paprGLpw12r4RZLaQ5StVouuWB2gmKSSVtvEpFB8LDMRTVBL2

NEW ADDITIONS

NEW FIGHTERS

Just in time for the Holidays we’ve added three new Fighters! We’ll be showing off the Diamond Fighter during maintenance on Monday 13 December!

izYUpHK.png

Silver: Robo-Fortune - Vector Protector
Gold: Cerebella - Blitz & Glamor
Diamond: ????

Check out the trailers for all these Fighters on our social media pages.

These Fighters are timed exclusives in Ornamental Relics that will be available during the Season’s Beatings event. More on that below!

Ic8akjDHitUnl_VVx7eVB2LZEpOZe5qU818EPehZJIbn9arD7QYTN2YFisKzB_5g7r06RSRN7yz50RJfcqG6_b8E_UgtWKd1ewylttUEjq4gqTc5wyDLogXgRkqGab6Pxkur0PzD

CABINET OF CURIOSITIES - TRIBUTES

After we adjusted how sacrificing Fighters worked in 4.9, you’re likely swimming in A LOT of Skill Points by now. Taliesin has opened a new section of the Cabinet of Curiosities to help you put those Skill Points to good use!

guQwW4T.png

This new TRIBUTES tab will allow you to spend Skill Points to purchase Special Moves, Blockbusters, Relics, and Fighters. All items will cost Skill Points based on the associated character (for example, you will need to spend Cerebella Skill Points to buy any item associated with Cerebella).

A unique feature of the Tributes tab is a chance that Gold Fighters will appear! If you’re hunting a specific Fighter to fill a hole in your collection or you need them to unlock a Prestige Ability, this could be just what you’re looking for.

The odds of a Gold Fighter appearing are similar to Diamond Keys in the other tabs, so you’ll want to pounce on them when you see something you’re interested in. Like the other tabs in the Cabinet, Taliesin’s wares will refresh every hour. Check back often!

Ic8akjDHitUnl_VVx7eVB2LZEpOZe5qU818EPehZJIbn9arD7QYTN2YFisKzB_5g7r06RSRN7yz50RJfcqG6_b8E_UgtWKd1ewylttUEjq4gqTc5wyDLogXgRkqGab6Pxkur0PzD

PRIZE FIGHT REWARDS ADJUSTMENTS

In the wake of Diamond Prize Fights and Prestige Abilities, we’ve been monitoring Prize Fights in general very carefully. Based on those observations, we’ve made some big adjustments to the rewards available in all Character Prize Fights.

You probably already know this, but Prize Fight rewards are split into two types:

Milestone Rewards - Guaranteed rewards you will receive when you reach a specific threshold of points.
Event Rewards - Bonus rewards you will receive depending on where you ranked at the end of an event.

Typically, most players aim to achieve the top 10% Event Rewards so they can secure a free Fighter, but this can be a little unreliable sometimes.

As of 4.10, the Fighter reward has been removed from the Event Rewards and moved to a new Milestone Reward instead. This means if you reach a specific score in Prize Fights you are guaranteed to receive the Fighter - no more wondering if you got into the top 10% or not!

Yfs7AQZ.png

To account for the Fighters being moved to Milestone Rewards, a generous spread of Character Relics have been added as prizes in the Event Rewards for all tiers of Character Prize Fights.

Even if you can’t reach that final Milestone, you’ll still have a chance at pulling the Fighter!

SPOTLIGHT RELICS

Still having trouble getting that one variant you've been chasing? Spotlight Relics are for you!

These new Relics are designed to help players get exactly the Fighters they’re looking for. Each Spotlight Relic has a very specific theme and a very small loot table. You’ll only be able to pick up these Relics via Theonite Offers.

KZh0W8u.png

These Relics have the same odds as a Jackpot Relic or Event Relic. That means they guarantee a Silver or better, and a 10+1 Spotlight will contain at least one Gold or Diamond.

Each Spotlight only has one possible Gold or Diamond reward, so the 10+1 will guarantee you one or more of those Fighters!

Each Spotlight Relic will only be available for one week at a time before being replaced by a different Spotlight Relic. In other words, don’t wait too long if the active Spotlight Relics contains something you’re looking for!

The Interstellar Spotlight Relic is the first Spotlight to appear. As you can see above, it has an Annie theme and will roll out on December 20th.

SEASON’S BEATINGS EVENT

9bxZMx7.png

Umbrella is not quite ready to join Skullgirls Mobile this update, but she still wanted to get involved as the traditional host for Season’s Beatings!

You may have noticed that we’ve been tweaking and adjusting the special event Prize Fights in recent updates. 4.10 represents the new normal for these events going into the new year.

Going forward, every special event will have TWO event Relics. For Season’s Beatings, that means the ORNAMENTAL RELIC and the FROSTED DIAMOND RELIC.

ORNAMENTAL RELICS

Following the pattern established in 4.9, the Ornamental Relic will have 3 Diamonds, 3 Golds and 9 Silvers. As we mentioned above, these Relics contain three brand new Fighters as timed exclusives.

apT61aA.png

SILVER

Robo-Fortune - Vector Protector **TIMED EXCLUSIVE**
Beowulf - Hype Man
Annie - Glamour Galactic
Painwheel - Blood Drive
Squigly - Dead Heat
Valentine - Kill Joy
Big Band - Treble Maker
Filia - Bad Ms. Frosty
Parasoul - No Egrets

GOLD

Cerebella - Blitz & Glamour **TIMED EXCLUSIVE**
Peacock - Mean One
Double - Evergreen Evil

DIAMOND

????? **TIMED EXCLUSIVE**
Eliza - Mummy Dearest
Ms. Fortune - Wind Stalker

FROSTED DIAMOND RELICS

Every Event Prize Fight will now come with a very covetable Diamond Relic! The Frosted Diamond Relic is available to purchase with Theonite, but you can also get one for free if you can reach the final Milestone Reward!

SZsV7Tz.png

????? **TIMED EXCLUSIVE**
Eliza - Mummy Dearest
Ms. Fortune - Wind Stalker
Annie - Model Leader
Valentine - Tres Chic

The Season’s Beatings Prize Fight is a festival of colors - depending on what element your Fighter is, it will get a unique buff for the whole fight. Your opponent will get a buff too, so you’ll need to pay careful attention to team composition going into this event.

So when does Season’s Beatings start? That leads us to...

EVENT PRIZE FIGHT SCHEDULE

You may have noticed Events going through some changes with recent updates - the lengths of events, the contents of relics, the prizes available, etc. Everything has been getting a bit of attention. We have more plans yet to come for Events, but Season’s Beatings marks the beginning of a new paradigm for events scheduling.

As of 4.10, all events will last one full month. Season’s Beatings is an exception as it lays the foundation - it will start as soon as 4.10 is available and will last until the end of January.
On February 1st the Valentine’s Day event will begin, and it will last until the end of February.
On March 1st the St. Patrick’s Day event will begin, and it will last until the end of March.

amF3MXi.png

Going forward there will always be a special event active in addition to the standard Prize Fight rotation!

q0OWseTmdxh1RKgVzVbEm0uu2QrMHof5ZIwi39eUrWxLQ_4Z4LNvdUuC_q2r0FKiCWvqCO_xmdRTZL7uBWssJRhEtlQAirwx2Cq66kipPwRFJbRKEwVGYqAJIoBLHv49dNyYzuSj

12 DAYS OF GIFTING

VZSsXBu.png

The 12 Days of Gifting celebration returns this year! As a special holiday treat, log into Skullgirls Mobile every day from December 14 until December 25 to receive a special festive freebie.
Unlike previous years, these won’t be sent out in the mail. You’ll need to go into the Offers Store to collect these goodies. They won’t last long though, so be sure to log in every day to claim your prize!

q0OWseTmdxh1RKgVzVbEm0uu2QrMHof5ZIwi39eUrWxLQ_4Z4LNvdUuC_q2r0FKiCWvqCO_xmdRTZL7uBWssJRhEtlQAirwx2Cq66kipPwRFJbRKEwVGYqAJIoBLHv49dNyYzuSj

BALANCE ADJUSTMENTS

DULktoo.png

It’s been a while since we’ve done a large update to existing Fighters and their Signature Abilities. As this is the season of giving, there’s no nerfs here - everyone gets buffs!

QRS8nNd.png

Other notable adjustments:
  • To remove an abusable loop, Fukua’s Lobs of Love is no longer unblockable at close range.
  • Alongside her gameplay adjustments, Mummy Dearest has had fancy new color effects added to her palette.
This is far from the last time we’ll be doing balance updates, so don’t worry if there’s a particularly glaring Fighter that you feel needs tuning that’s not listed here. There’s a good chance you’ll see them in a future update!

ClGKlyj-pIDwIF3MRPik3BPveJQRA7b72nzN6foN8dogs1dNw79JqaP3RXbSVnPnOkZBdKDC6Aqy67-Qrjw4-gtZtc4QRoQs8f-HMyd6J_WPGPsohxPgfquRpLXJiiVXtjpM9qrQ

OTHER CHANGES

COLLECTION
  • Increased the maximum Fighter Collection total to 1,000.
  • Increased the maximum Move Collection total to 2,000.

Please note that lower end devices may experience some slowdown if you reach maximum capacity with these new limits. Hoard responsibly!

MISC
  • The Canopy Coin cost of Peacock - Prism Plumage has been reduced to standard prices in the Trinkets tab of the Cabinet of Curiosities.
  • Fixed an issue where players could equip the wrong Special Moves in the Tutorial.
  • Adjusted the positioning of the Prestige Ability and Locked icons when sacrificing Fighters.
  • Revised the New Update Available popup text to include helpful tips to find the Update if it’s not showing up in the store correctly. They’re good tips, so I’ll leave them here too:

If your store app doesn’t display the update, please attempt the following:
    - Restart your Store App.
    - Force your Store App to check for ALL App Updates (not just Skullgirls).
    - Restart your device.
COMBAT
  • Fixed a bug where Season’s Beatings “O Holy Night” Modifier would revive Fighters early if they were revived by another ability and then KOed again.
  • Fixed a bug where Beowulf’s Prestige Ability did not apply a damage boost to projectile hits (namely his chair).
LGoU1OmSZSRLNZakJu0UWzd0PZCLxFvnm_R_CIvCzMrEGFw0NeFSEndCS4RcVirv1Lnz7YjGpoq8T_RooMiEhsbVgcDDl_-HMVofRyUULn5SWmBPLmm9vxLFxLeOcAa5zhAh0Rcp

4.10 is the last update for Skullgirls Mobile this year, but we’ll be back in 2022 and we’ll be bringing Umbrella and (eventually) Black Dahlia with us!

Leave a comment below if you have any questions, and let us know what you think of this update.

Also, keep an eye out on our social media accounts to stay up to date on new developments, giveaways and contests in the coming weeks!

As always, thanks so much for all your support!

- Hidden Variable
i cant wait!! this games gonna be awesome :D

I was looking for this one! Glad to see it’s finally happened. And I guess you’ve got to get hard at work pulling those new fighters and Simon Diamonding em too, right?

Well, I don't seem to pull new variants higher than silver very quickly (I just pulled my first biting cold this week and yes she's Dia now) but that's ok. I don't mind the wait, I enjoy the chase is all ;)

But the move capacity is really useful. No more logging on and then having to spend precious minutes finding your least wanted 2/3 move to sacc just to open a take a break relic or open your mail. I won't know quite what to do with all the spare time, lol

I just realized we forgot to include an important caveat in the Spotlight Relic section. I'll update that now.

Each Spotlight Relic will only be available for one week. For now, Spotlight Relics are being released on a limited basis and will only be available for 6 weeks from December 20th until January 31st.Stay tuned for more details on Spotlight Relic availability in the future!

I'll respond to some of the comments and questions in here later. It's great to see all the positive responses so far though!

All I can say is thank you to all the Devs for creating and staying with the best mobile game I've played since Snake on the Nokia :) Oh and not selling the company to some money hunger corporation that would have ruined it. Updates have been amazing, and it's the one game I'm happy to spend money on! (I don't feel like it's mandatory to spend to be able to play, but instead I do it because I love the game and want to support it)

HashDilla

Season's Beatings Event, and for a month, finally!)
Overall, the update is awesome, I look forward to downloading it.

I just realized we forgot to include an important caveat in the Spotlight Relic section. I'll update that now.

I'll respond to some of the comments and questions in here later. It's great to see all the positive responses so far though!
Interesting. Will you be able to reveal the sic diamonds or provide previews or will we have to wait? I was starting to wonder which variants will be featured each week and how long I’d have to wait until the remaining five diamonds escaping me will come around.

4k Theonites for a 10% chance of the diamond you need is probably not a good investment but what else do I do with resources at this point?

Reactions: rexturtle1120
12 DAYS OF GIFTING

VZSsXBu.png

The 12 Days of Gifting celebration returns this year! As a special holiday treat, log into Skullgirls Mobile every day from December 14 until December 25 to receive a special festive freebie.
Unlike previous years, these won’t be sent out in the mail. You’ll need to go into the Offers Store to collect these goodies. They won’t last long though, so be sure to log in every day to claim your prize!
I'd like to request you move these back to mail rewards. There's currently a bug that makes it impossible for some players (iOS AND android) to open the shop. It sucks to miss out on rewards because of something that's ouside of their control, and while I understand it's also outside of your control, it doesn't change the fact that people are missing these rewards to nothing but luck

Oh no update isn't available for me yet on Play store is it just me? anyone else having the same issue?!

The nerf on the lobs of love is right thing to do. But nothing changed in compensation of this nerf is sucks. This sm is utterly useless now for it cannot be used as a start of combo nor in a combo. Waiting to see some changes.

Oh no update isn't available for me yet on Play store is it just me? anyone else having the same issue?!
Some android phones require a reboot to show the updates, I managed to do it without it by reloading the play store "my apps" and updates section. But a reboot should do the trick.

Please consider to change Wind Stalker to “activates death mark, disable tag in, and doom IF opponent health is below 35%” instead of “WHEN” below 35%?

Her current SA2 will not activate when she enters the field to face the enemy already below 35% health. Not very useful IMO

Last edited:
Reactions: rexturtle1120