• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Bug - Normal AI able to block instantly after a combo, making them unpunishable

Ryouhi

Reaction score
This keeps happening rather frequently.
The AI starts attacking me while i am blocking and when it's my turn to punish, attacking as quickly as the game lets me unblock after the AIs last attack, the AI is already able to block again.

Which leaves me attacking the now blocking AI, which in turn lead to THE PLAYER being punished instead.

This keeps happening rather frequently.
The AI starts attacking me while i am blocking and when it's my turn to punish, attacking as quickly as the game lets me unblock after the AIs last attack, the AI is already able to block again.

Which leaves me attacking the now blocking AI, which in turn lead to THE PLAYER being punished instead.
I’ve had this too. Tends to happen against Bella the most.

I’ve had this too. Tends to happen against Bella the most.
yup, i tend to see it with Bella, Band and Beo the most.

Though, this may also be because you see these 3 fighters more than any other at higher Streaks, so my perception of this may be flawed.

I've noticed this too. I just chalked it up to slow reactions, but I've definitely been having trouble punishing Bella for full combos that used to be fine. Stuff like: L5>Launcher / Trip, she just goes straight to block even when I try to punish with a jab.

Though there's been a lot of reports of general slowdown for some users with the latest update, so maybe that's causing the punish window to appear shorter?

Last edited:
For me it typically happens against Bella and Parasoul.

But I feel it's character (as in, player character) dependent. I.e. I believe I don't have this problem with Filia, but it's quite pronounced with Peacock.

I don't think It's a bug per se, more a combination of blockstun/enemy recovery/your startup/attack hitbox. For example Peacock quite often does not even hit enemies with her poke after their full block chain because of character separation and her poke being very short.

EDIT: And no, it happened to me even before the update. Then again, performance drops happened before the update too.

I've noticed this too. I just chalked it up to slow reactions, but I've definitely been having trouble punishing Bella for full combos that used to be fine. Stuff like: L5>Launcher / Sweep, she just goes straight to block even when I try to punish with a jab.

Though there's been a lot of reports of general slowdown for some users with the latest update, so maybe that's causing the punish window to appear shorter?
i've certainly had slowdown after playing a few matches in a row, not sure if that could cause that somehow.
Though i usually already let go of the screen to stop blocking before the attack is even finished, so my fighter should literally be punishing as fast as is possible.

Reactions: ThanatosDK
I too have gotten this for a while, specially with Big Band and Bella acting as though they're nearly unpunishable at times!

That said, the lag this update is getting a bit tedious for me that I kept tapping JUST in case it could be slow reaction timing from me, but nope, either will instantly block my attacks and then punish me even AFTER doing a BB such as Beat Extend.

Terribly frustrating but it forced me to get trickier in approaching (I.E, don't even bother approaching because then the AI will murder you for coming close.)

Reactions: Ryouhi
I too have gotten this for a while, specially with Big Band and Bella acting as though they're nearly unpunishable at times!

That said, the lag this update is getting a bit tedious for me that I kept tapping JUST in case it could be slow reaction timing from me, but nope, either will instantly block my attacks and then punish me even AFTER doing a BB such as Beat Extend.

Terribly frustrating but it forced me to get trickier in approaching (I.E, don't even bother approaching because then the AI will murder you for coming close.)
yeah, it's what's made me lose my streaks the most since the update.

Because you go in for the punish, but instead get punished yourself cause AI just blocked your attacks when it shouldn't have been able to >_<

That's unusual!

A couple of questions to help us figure out what might be happening:

When you attempt a punish with a Light 1 attack, does the attack actually make contact with the opponent? (Does it miss, but then the Light 2 makes contact instead?)

When the attack makes contact with the AI, are they still in the middle of their punishable recovery frames that you are used to?
Do they instantly transition into a blocking stance from those frames?

Which characters are you playing as when you notice this issue?​

Well, as an example about an hour before, Parasoul vs Parasoul.
Attack does connect but the enemy is not in the middle of punishable frames.
It feels like some input lag. Even if you spam attack during their active frames, your character waits a bit after exiting the block before beginning to attack.

Just had several absolutely identical games with peacock vs parasoul.

Parasoul does a full block string and Peacock is incapable of punishing completely. Dash is too slow and meets a block. Normal ground chain is too short, and first 2 hits don't even reach Parasoul hitbox. 3rd hit meets a block.