• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Resolved air combo completely missed

Inked

Reaction score
i had a weird run in today when i was playing the bronze PF.
i was using a Filia against a Painwheel. after the Painwheel did a combo against me that i blocked, i took the opportunity to go through the classic ground combo > launcher > air combo > trip. i launch the Painwheel fine after the ground combo and tap again to chain the air combo. Filia' first move (Straight Razor) hits fine, but the next one (Split Ends) completely misses the Painwheel and she falls back to the ground.
last time i checked, all air combos in SGM hit 100% of the time. i know in SG2E you can block in the air, but not here. this isn't supposed to happen, right?

side note: this happened awhile ago as well when i was playing with Parasoul. if i recall correctly, her first move (Crescent Burn) completely missed and the rest of the air combo didn't happen.

i had a weird run in today when i was playing the bronze PF.
i was using a Filia against a Painwheel. after the Painwheel did a combo against me that i blocked, i took the opportunity to go through the classic ground combo > launcher > air combo > trip. i launch the Painwheel fine after the ground combo and tap again to chain the air combo. Filia' first move (Straight Razor) hits fine, but the next one (Split Ends) completely misses the Painwheel and she falls back to the ground.
last time i checked, all air combos in SGM hit 100% of the time. i know in SG2E you can block in the air, but not here. this isn't supposed to happen, right?

side note: this happened awhile ago as well when i was playing with Parasoul. if i recall correctly, her first move (Crescent Burn) completely missed and the rest of the air combo didn't happen.
If you dont input the juggle fast enough they can fall out of it. All juggles are true provided you press the screen fast enough.

If you dont input the juggle fast enough they can fall out of it. All juggles are true provided you press the screen fast enough.

that's what i figured. however i tried replicating it with Filia again and after the launcher i waited to the point where the opponent almost hit the ground and the air juggle still occurred.
eh, i'll still say it's resolved, since that's probably what's going on here. i just guess it's hard to replicate (which is kind of a good thing, actually!)

Last edited:
This definitely happens sometimes, though I usually see it happen to the AI. It's like the knockback is just slightly too much and the fighter goes just out of range to continue the combo.

I'll look into it!
It's a lot harder to set this up against Painwheel, but it's a bit easier vs Cerebella.

When this happens, it's because you didn't swipe up fast enough once you launched them.
Swiping up with moderate haste to start the air combo should always avoid this issue.

Reactions: Inked and Al Qedic