• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Back to School - A Class of One's Own Prize Fight

BallotBoxer

Reaction score
bts-mural.jpg
BACK TO SCHOOL

A CLASS OF ONE'S OWN Prize Fight 9/4 - 9/7

A CLASS OF ONE'S OWN Milestone Rewards
  1. 25,000 = 10 Theonite 5,000 Canopy Coins
  2. 50,000 = 20 Theonite 7,500 Canopy Coins
  3. 100,000 = 30 Theonite 11,250 Canopy Coins
  4. 325,000 = 40 Theonite 17,000 Canopy Coins 1 Back to School Relic
  5. 800,000 = 50 Theonite 25,000 Canopy Coins
  6. 1,500,000 = 60 Theonite 38,000 Canopy Coins
  7. 2,500,000 = 70 Theonite 57,000 Canopy Coins 1 Back to School Relic
  8. 4,500,000 = 80 Theonite 85,500 Canopy Coins
  9. 8,000,000 = 90 Theonite 128,000 Canopy Coins
  10. 12,500,000 = 100 Theonite 192,000 Canopy Coins 1 Back to School Relic
  11. 25,000,000 = 200 Light Elemental Shards 500 Gold Relic Shards
  12. 50,000,000 = 300 Light Elemental Shards 250 Diamond Relic Shards
  13. 100,000,000 = 500 Light Elemental Shards 1 LEGENDARY RELIC
TOTAL: 550 Theonite 566,250 Canopy Coins 3 Back to School Relics 1 Light Elemental Essence (1000 shards = 1 crystal) and more!

Last year's Back to School event had 5 gold move relics and 4 12-hour double XP boosts instead of many BTS relics.

A CLASS OF ONE'S OWN Fight Modifiers
PLAYER
TEAM SPIRIT

While facing an opponent of the same character type, gain 2 random BUFFS for 10 seconds every 10 seconds.

ENEMY
MID-TERMS

Gain 5 stacks of ENRAGE when falling below 50% HEALTH. Each stack of ENRAGE is removed after every 3rd COMBO HIT suffered. While benefitting from these ENRAGES, gain 5% METER per second.

FINAL EXAM
Once per match, gain INVINCIBLE for 20 seconds when falling below 25% HEALTH. INVINCIBLE is removed if HIT while DASHING. While benefitting from INVINCIBLE, DRAIN 2% of a nearby opponent's HEALTH per second.​

BACK TO SCHOOL RELIC

DIAMOND
Shadow Puppet Fukua
Dream Catcher Peacock
Heart of Darkness Double

GOLD
Megasonic Big Band
Lapis Luxury Eliza
Weekend Warrior Beowulf

SILVER
Rain Shadow Fukua
Freaky Friday Painwheel
Ms. Trial Ms. Fortune

A more Fukua-forward version of last year's relic. Diamond tier now has three fighters and all of last year's silver class has been sent to detention (Rock Star Filia, Ivy League Parasoul, and Graveyard Shift Valentine)

2019 Back to School thread: https://forum.skullgirlsmobile.com/threads/back-to-school-relic.15808/

Ready to go back to school?

Last edited:
Placeholder Milestone Rewards seems like a sure thing and much appreciated compared to the old ones, especially since the July 4th Rewards were reworked from last year's.

FWIW, Heart of Darkness is a holdover from last year. But the 2 new Diamond additions makes me eager to hit the books! 10% here I come!

¿Cuándo es el evento?
¡Dentro de una semana! Empieza el 4 de septiembre.
- subtitles -
When is the event?
A week from today! It starts on the 4th of September.

For those living in the United States, you have the advantage of the event ending on a national holiday, Labor Day, on Sept. 7 (school/work should have the day off)

Reactions: Aluna
A CLASS OF ONE'S OWN Fight Modifiers
PLAYER
TEAM SPIRIT

While facing an opponent of the same character type, gain 2 random BUFFS for 10 seconds every 10 seconds.

ENEMY
MID-TERMS

Gain 5 stacks of ENRAGE when falling below 50% HEALTH. Each stack of ENRAGE is removed after every 3rd COMBO HIT suffered. While benefitting from these ENRAGES, gain 5% METER per second.

FINAL EXAM
Once per match, gain INVINCIBLE for 20 seconds when falling below 25% HEALTH. INVINCIBLE is removed if HIT while DASHING. While benefitting from INVINCIBLE, DRAIN 2% of a nearby opponent's HEALTH per second.

Let's talk business now.
This is my first time attending this pf, so how to deal with the modifiers?

Not to jinx it or anything, but how hard can it be to hit with a ranged attack when they dash? Especially with a t3 : )

Reactions: Art3mes
[QUOTE = "BallotBoxer, post: 46311, member: 2117"] ¿Cuándo es el evento?
- subtítulos -
¿Cuándo es el evento?

Para aquellos que viven en los Estados Unidos, tienen la ventaja de que el evento finaliza en un feriado nacional, el Día del Trabajo, el 7 de septiembre (la escuela / el trabajo deben tener el día libre) [/ QUOTE]
Mugracias!!!!

@BallotBoxer Fabulous work, as always! I have been eagerly awaiting this post because I think I missed this event last year or just didn't play it. Looking at the mods I kind of see why. Any tips on how to deal with them besides the usual suspects (AKA SK and PurrD)?

Thanks for always putting so much into these posts-- it really shows!

Small typo: In the "TOTAL" line, it still says "Revolutionary Relics".

This event is gonna be a little lacking for me. The only fighters I don't have are the Diamond ones available in this event, but those are also the least likely to be obtained.:(

Also, what is the theme behind the chosen fighters? It's not like the available fighters are the kind you'd find in school; Ben, Beo and Eliza are too old for school. Double probably has no need for such trivial knowledge like geometry and english literature. I would expected the roster to be filled out with Carols, Patricias, and Filias (and maybe Fukuas because clone). Maybe Squigly cause she died young? Maybe also Valentine because schools have nurses, after all. Annie would also be an appropriate candidate for a Back to School event (too bad she's not out yet).

Also, what is the theme behind the chosen fighters? It's not like the available fighters are the kind you'd find in school; Ben, Beo and Eliza are too old for school.
I think it has to do something with the character variants, with WW and FF being the days every kid looks forward to. Lapis refers to Lapis Lazuli in Steven Universe who is technically a teacher at their little homeschool. And lord knows I snoozed in class so dream catcher makes sense. Although I expected Class Cutter to make the diamond list for obvious reasons. Although I'm hoping that I do get Shadow Puppet!

Double probably has no need for such trivial knowledge like geometry and english literature.
She actually does a lot of charity work with the school kids, doing a sunday school! https://twitter.com/sgmobile/status/1259676157643030529?s=19

Prize fight impressions:
The mods are terrible for me.
You will mostly play matches without benefitting from the Team Spirit mod.
Lost a 2nd streak, I felt ashamed.
Then lost a 4th, 9th and 15th. I am done for today.

Tips:
Doublicious is again proved to be god-like. Also the 5 stacks of enrage taken from opponent lasts forever. So 100% damage for the rest of the match.
If the opponent's health is above 25%, then you can avoid the Final Term mod from even kicking in by instantly killing the enemy, by some one-punch-like BBs. For this Valentine's bbs, robo's lasers, etc.

Hope it helps.

Milestone rewards are up, and as predicted, it is structured like Fireworks Show PF (thus the Revolutionary Relic typo lol). Now there are Light Elemental Shards.

Any tips on how to deal with them
To add to Art3mes' tips:
Team Spirit
Team Spirit often will only work 1/3 of the time as your Carry (the strongest teammate that does all the work) can match one of the enemies character types. Unless you run into rare opponents like Cellsai's triple Oh Mai Valentine team, most teams are a variety of character types.
Either spend the time picking a team to mirror the enemy every fight, or brute force it with a strong Carry.

Mid-Terms
The 5 stack of rage is a diversion. The real danger is the 5% meter per second. Be prepared to get BB3'ed even in low streaks if you don't combo that rage away.
Counter: bring buff takers/disablers. Mean One Peacock thrives here.

Final Exam
The most annoying modifier. Sure, the invincible is removed if you intercept a dashing attack, but it activates while you are mid-combo, probably in the air and very close. So you stop whatever you are doing and quickly back dash to avoid the drain. Shoot a projectile, charge an unblockable, or prepare to sweep the incoming dash (that is, if they aren't about to BB3 you)
Counter: KO them before they drop below 25% with a special move (like Painwheel's Pinion Dash) or blockbuster.
Or tediously equip an outtake for every Carry (Eliza's should use Chaos Banish)

Typo; LEGENDARY Relic is in seven different colors
No, it is shiny and BEAUTIFUL :p

I expected Class Cutter
Exactly! Just because Heart of Darkness premiered in this box last year, doesn't mean it should stay. Class Cutter is way more thematic (and something I need!)

Prize fight impressions:
The mods are terrible for me.
You will mostly play matches without benefitting from the Team Spirit mod.
Lost a 2nd streak, I felt ashamed.
Then lost a 4th, 9th and 15th. I am done for today.

Tips:
Doublicious is again proved to be god-like. Also the 5 stacks of enrage taken from opponent lasts forever. So 100% damage for the rest of the match.
If the opponent's health is above 25%, then you can avoid the Final Term mod from even kicking in by instantly killing the enemy, by some one-punch-like BBs. For this Valentine's bbs, robo's lasers, etc.

Hope it helps.

Yikes, sorry to hear about you having a hard time.

Doublicious though... she's really the Silver that just keeps giving. Her and Purrfect Dark are probably going to get a workout in this fight.

Reactions: Art3mes
Milestone rewards are up, and as predicted, it is structured like Fireworks Show PF (thus the Revolutionary Relic typo lol). Now there are Light Elemental Shards.

To add to Art3mes' tips:
Team Spirit
Team Spirit often will only work 1/3 of the time as your Carry (the strongest teammate that does all the work) can match one of the enemies character types. Unless you run into rare opponents like Cellsai's triple Oh Mai Valentine team, most teams are a variety of character types.
Either spend the time picking a team to mirror the enemy every fight, or brute force it with a strong Carry.

Mid-Terms
The 5 stack of rage is a diversion. The real danger is the 5% meter per second. Be prepared to get BB3'ed even in low streaks if you don't combo that rage away.
Counter: bring buff takers/disablers. Mean One Peacock thrives here.

Final Exam
The most annoying modifier. Sure, the invincible is removed if you intercept a dashing attack, but it activates while you are mid-combo, probably in the air and very close. So you stop whatever you are doing and quickly back dash to avoid the drain. Shoot a projectile, charge an unblockable, or prepare to sweep the incoming dash (that is, if they aren't about to BB3 you)
Counter: KO them before they drop below 25% with a special move (like Painwheel's Pinion Dash) or blockbuster.
Or tediously equip an outtake for every Carry (Eliza's should use Chaos Banish)

No, it is shiny and BEAUTIFUL :p

Exactly! Just because Heart of Darkness premiered in this box last year, doesn't mean it should stay. Class Cutter is way more thematic (and something I need!)
BEAUTIFUL

Having playing this a little while here are some more tips:
- SK or Doublicious really shine here. Use them if you can (my strongest is SK so she's been a huge help but DoubleGum is better)
- METER CONTROL!! Any fighter you have with meter control and outtake can work surprisingly well. If the biggest threat to you is the BB3 they're charging up (and chances are, it is) get a CnO in there, a Freeze Frame, Squigly's whither enabling moves, Parasouls burst, ect. ect. Any meter control fighter will really help you here!
- Always bring backup! As in, don't rely on one carry. Bring a team or at least someone extra to help handle the opponents.
- Outtake opponents once they gain invincible, or the enrages, whatever is a bigger threat to you ( I advise the invincibility)

And that's all I've got so far! At most I've made it to streak 30, which isn't terrible considering the circumstances but I'll try to do better next time!:p

Best of luck to y'all who are going for the top rewards! (And anyone trying to get this chaotic classroom under control in general!)

Last edited:
Shadow Ops is also an option here, though getting people to be next to a tear at the right moment can be exciting and her damage is terrible.

I guess I can mention Summer Salt, but I doubt anyone that has her and has invested in her isn't aware of that option.

Got the 3 relics from the milestone rewards but they were all silvers.
:(
Had a few fights that were down to the last few seconds but so far hasn't been too bad. Made it to 35 wins before losing my streak.

Is it just me or do intercepts sometimes not remove invincibility?
So far it hasn't caused me to lose, but it's a little surprising hitting an enemy mid-dash expecting to be able to finish them off but they're still invincible :eek:

Is it just me or do intercepts sometimes not remove invincibility?
The AI is able to cancel dashes into other attacks like launchers, trips, special moves etc. In this case, even if you succesfully intercept them, they won't lose their invincibility. Trying to intercept them a bit early may help or just using a projectile is a way less risky way to do this.