• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Fights Balance suggestions

Psyche

Reaction score
Quite a few of these pop into my head when I'm playing, but unless I start to actually write them down, I forget them, so for now I'll just jot down the ones I remember. Feel free to add your own, of course.

Filia:
Lock Nest Monster should not be able to KO an opponent, much like Bleed. It doesn't make sense that you can defeat your opponent by getting clobbered by them.
Flash Back is too instantaneous. It allows Filia to avoid punishment in almost any situation, especially after having her BBs blocked, which is unfair as it nullifies the mainstream player 'rope-a-dope' tactic of blocking and punishing as soon as a combo is finished.

I don't see why reflect shouldnt be able to kill. It's already a weak ability, no need to weaken it more.

At the moment I don't believe there is an issue with Flash back, it rewards players for paying attention and the AI isn't super good at taking advantage of it either.
However, with the upcoming ability to cancel an attack into a backstep, it might be a bit to easy to use. Imagine if the AI started backstepping every time it got blocked.

I don't see why reflect shouldnt be able to kill. It's already a weak ability, no need to weaken it more.

At the moment I don't believe there is an issue with Flash back, it rewards players for paying attention and the AI isn't super good at taking advantage of it either.
However, with the upcoming ability to cancel an attack into a backstep, it might be a bit to easy to use. Imagine if the AI started backstepping every time it got blocked.
My belief is that for any KO to be deserved, it should be earned through the loser actually being hit by their opponent. I'm taking it on the same principle as bleeding effects, and I just think it would be more consistent this way. Oh, and I guess that also means Biofeedback: don't give me a higher critical hit rate if it not only whittles away my health, but can actually be fatal.

For Flash Back, I was thinking partially with foresight and partially with consideration for newer players that haven't mastered timings for countering certain abilities. Paying attention doesn't help much when the AI Filia is mechanically evading every time she fails her assault, making regular hits ineffective and the overall experience less enjoyable.
But of course, this is mere opinion.

Last edited:
Valentine:
Throw break window is too short. I know it doesn't even do much damage, but watching the AI Valentine spam grab while I'm already on the floor is pretty frustrating. Maybe buff the damage so the window can be longer.