• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Other Better optimization for Android devices?

Karby64

Reaction score
This game runs pretty decently on my Galaxy S7 but when the framerate dips it dips pretty bad and can stay that way making the game not read some of my inputs. I don't know if it's just my phone or what but more graphical settings would be nice for Android devices, especially with a game that relies on pretty spot on reaction timing.

If Ure saying about not recognizing the inputs by inputs do U mean:
-regular taps, swipes, finger gestures
Or
-tapping on Blockbusters/Special Moves?

Also, do the framerate drops occur in general or just in particular fights/modes?

I have it much worse. The framerate in fights is consistently presentation tier. I can somehow still beat bots but it takes so long to do anything so even if im winning, im at the mercy of the 3 minute battle timer. The HTC One is a great phone, albeit from 2015. This is the first game ive ever had game breaking performance issues with.

I think not having enough RAM might be the biggest issue with my phone if anything (playing this game takes it to 80%). I hope there will be better optimization and more performanve increasing options in the future.

This HTC One http://www.gsmarena.com/htc_one-5313.php ?
If so, I think both RAM and CPU are the problems.

But true, some more settings in Options might help.

P.S. From personal experience, the best optimized game for mobiles is Final Fantasy Mobius which tends to adapt to device's specs. User can also adjust settings to his will.

If Ure saying about not recognizing the inputs by inputs do U mean:
-regular taps, swipes, finger gestures
Exactly that, taps swipes and figure gestures. A lot of the times when I try to grab I just either continue my combo or I do a launcher.
It has actually got me killed multiple times lol

This game is playable on a Nexus 6, but suboptimal. Screens like the main menu, map, etc. are fast, but when it comes to my collection, it slows down to a crawl. Idling on the Team screen (after you click on the Team button) puts me at under 20 FPS. Dragging and dropping is also sluggish. I don't even have 300 fighters. If I click on a character and go back to this Team screen, it can take up to 8 seconds for me before I'm able to continue.

A way to boost performance on this screen would be to preserve user filters and also modify the character list to auto-filter out ineligible characters. If a team requirement is "Bronze Only", it's not helpful for the game to show me my silver and gold characters. If the team requirement is "Cerebella only", then just show me my Cerebellas.

Frame drops in fights are another issue. They interrupt my inputs as well, mostly when I perform a launcher after a ground combo. If my phone is lagging, the launcher does not come out, and I get hit. In general, the more assets there are on the screen, the more slower a fight is. I.e. Parasoul's BB3, Peacock's Argus Agony. Tag ins also cause the game to slow down noticeably, so the pacing of fights feels very off at times.

Sorry to hear about this!

General "my performance is bad" posts are useful, but it would be even more helpful to note certain scenarios where the frame rate drops more than others.

Things to look out for when you're experiencing frame drops:

- What stage?
- Which characters are out?
- What are the teams?
- What's going on at the time? (Examples: certain blockbusters, projectiles, strings, combo sequences, specials, etc)

If you find that it doesn't seem to matter and you're always having poor performance, especially with dropped inputs, then that's fine to note too.
Please make sure to always include your device information with these reports.

Thanks, everyone.

Hey thanks for listening!
As for what's going on in certain scenarios, stages don't seem to be causing framerate dips, it feels the same on every stage I've played on. When more than one Big Band or even if Big Bands get summoned in it'll begin to chug. Having 3v3s in general seem to have even more poor performance than usual. And using super flashy blockbusters like Tuba Tuba, Strike Up the Band, Inferno Brigade, Motor Brigade, and Argus Agony really make the performance dip drastically.

I've found if I press the home button and then reopen the already running app, it makes the game run a bit better until something flashy happens again or someone gets knocked out.

Dropped inputs are also a case that I seem to have as stated, and also as stated my device is a Samsung Galaxy S7.

To add in, it might be due to specs on my new phone, every time ANY character/form of animation is shown, frames drop severely. This makes both navigation and gameplay a drag. I own an LG K20 PLUS