• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Characters Big Band's Ora-Ora!

Դավիթ

Reaction score
Of course, I understand everything, you decided to buff Big Band because he is little used among players, but advantage with Blockbuster Tuba Tuba , this is too much. Let's figure it out, at the moment, this blockbuster has a 35 percent chance of removing 1 buff from the enemy, and the combo of this blockbuster consists of 21 hits. IMG_20240628_154817.jpg
Well, now let's compare with Blockbuster Robo Fortune, her combo from Blockbuster consists of 60 hits, and there is only a 5 percent chance that she will remove 1 buff. IMG_20240628_154911.jpg

It turns out that the ratio between the combo of Robo Fortune and Big Band is 1/3, therefore, 35 percent of Big Band should at least go down to 15 percent.

Reactions: SvenZ
I agree. I think Tuba Tuba was overtunned. 100% guaranteed 6 sec stun allows you to do a full combo rotation and potentially build up meter for another BB3. Even easier for Beat Box.

That not only makes it good on offense, but also very obnoxious on defense

Reactions: Դավիթ
I have the opinion that as a BB3, it's fine to have this strong ability since you need to build up a lot of meter for it.

Robo's BB3 has a similar effect but I don't think it's quite similar in execution. Robo zones and likes to play from afar, making it safe for her to shoot enemies down. Her BB3 also has a very potent ability in preventing resurrection and a direct health reduction. Not to mention, she has plenty of offensive abilities in her kit such as Enrage, Precision and Armor Break.

Big Band completely relies on combo hits to deal any sort of damage. His variants tend to have low ATK too. He has Armor Break from a BB2, a short Enrage from Prestige and a few minor Bleed effects from his moves. It's a bit harder for him to get these offensive attributes. Meanwhile Robo can simply camp from afar and shoot laser beams to get both Enrage and Armor Break together (MA and Theonite Beam).

I feel like it's justified that his BB3 looks stronger in a vacuum, but when the other factors are taken into consideration and you look at both characters as a whole, this seems balanced to me.

I feel the stun is kinda justified. His old BB3 also allowed him to stun and reset combos, just not as reliably. I don't see this as a huge issue since, as ZeoW mentioned, Big Band's ATK stat is low anyway.

As someone who prefers to see buffs over nerfs, alternatively, you could also buff Robo-fortune's BB3 buff removal chances to match Big Band's. Big Band's chances to remove at least 1 buff is around 1-.65^21 = .99, or 99%. Robo-fortune's chances are 1-.95^60 = .95, or 95% chance. Their percentages are pretty close, but if you did want to change them to match, you could increase the chance of buff removal of Robo-fortune's BB3 from 5% to 7%. The chances of removing at least 1 buff is now 1-.93^60 = .987, or basically around 99%.

I have the opinion that as a BB3, it's fine to have this strong ability since you need to build up a lot of meter for it.

Robo's BB3 has a similar effect but I don't think it's quite similar in execution. Robo zones and likes to play from afar, making it safe for her to shoot enemies down. Her BB3 also has a very potent ability in preventing resurrection and a direct health reduction. Not to mention, she has plenty of offensive abilities in her kit such as Enrage, Precision and Armor Break.

Big Band completely relies on combo hits to deal any sort of damage. His variants tend to have low ATK too. He has Armor Break from a BB2, a short Enrage from Prestige and a few minor Bleed effects from his moves. It's a bit harder for him to get these offensive attributes. Meanwhile Robo can simply camp from afar and shoot laser beams to get both Enrage and Armor Break together (MA and Theonite Beam).

I feel like it's justified that his BB3 looks stronger in a vacuum, but when the other factors are taken into consideration and you look at both characters as a whole, this seems balanced to me.
If you're playing as Big Band, then your guess may be correct, but if you're playing against Big Band in the high ranks in Prize battles, then it's obvious that they can accumulate BB3 quickly. 35 A percent chance of removing 1 positive effect is insane, not to mention a 100 percent guarantee that in the end the enemy gets stunned for 6 seconds.

Want to add to the comparison that robo's bb3 also has the super strong perma kill ability, being only one of 2 moves that have that perk (the other being another bb3). While a 6 sec stun is strong, it has less utility than perma kill. only comparing the % chance to remove a buff is therefore dubious.

Robo bb3 also deal % max health when removing a buff unlike Band. Even when looking only at that difference, it makes sense band should have higher chances.

This of course in a vacuum where we ignore the character's other moves.

If you're playing as Big Band, then your guess may be correct, but if you're playing against Big Band in the high ranks in Prize battles, then it's obvious that they can accumulate BB3 quickly. 35 A percent chance of removing 1 positive effect is insane, not to mention a 100 percent guarantee that in the end the enemy gets stunned for 6 seconds.
To be fair, in high streak Prize Fights, getting hit by any BB3 will almost always kill you. So the only real difference here is only if you have a Valentine support in the back for Final Stand. Yes, Big Band would be able to remove it, but so will Robo-Fortune. There are other ways and strategies to prevent getting hit by a BB3.

And defensively, Black Dahlia is currently a much scarier threat with access to Haste, Regen, and powerful defensive blockbusters like Girl's Night Out.

To be fair, in high streak Prize Fights, getting hit by any BB3 will almost always kill you. So the only real difference here is only if you have a Valentine support in the back for Final Stand. Yes, Big Band would be able to remove it, but so will Robo-Fortune. There are other ways and strategies to prevent getting hit by a BB3.

And defensively, Black Dahlia is currently a much scarier threat with access to Haste, Regen, and powerful defensive blockbusters like Girl's Night Out.
To be honest, I fell for Umbrella, because she also has the opportunity to escape, but you also need to take into account the fact that Big Band is more effective in defense than Robo Fortune, which is why Big Band is much more to meet.​