1. [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy
    Dismiss Notice

Black Lives Matter Donation FAQ

Discussion in 'Official News & Announcements' started by MightyZug, Jun 3, 2020.

  1. MightyZug

    MightyZug Game Director
    Hidden Variable Dev

    Joined:
    May 5, 2017
    Messages:
    105
    Likes Received:
    746
    [​IMG]

    In an effort to contribute to the fight against systemic racism, injustice, and discrimination, we will be donating all revenue from Skullgirls Mobile between June 4-7 to various causes associated with the BLM movement. #BlackLivesMatter

    We strongly believe in transparency in this process. As such, below are some additional details regarding our process and planned methods for accountability:

    When will this promotion be active?
    Starting Thursday June 4th PST through end of day Sunday June 7th PST.

    What purchases will qualify?
    Any in-app purchase in Skullgirls Mobile will qualify.

    What % of each purchase will be donated?
    Apple and Google each take a mandatory 30% cut of every purchase that is made. The entirety of the remaining 70% will be donated to BLM-related causes.

    EXAMPLE: If you make a purchase for $10, $3 will go to Apple/Google, and $7 will go to BLM-related causes.

    How will we know how much money was raised?
    Early next week (Monday or Tuesday) we will share the total amount that was raised during this period in this thread and on social media.

    When will the raised funds be donated to the various BLM-related causes?
    Apple and Google each have different timetables for when they provide payment for purchases from the prior month. For Google, we expect the funds to be available on July 15. For Apple, we expect funds to be available on August 1.

    As soon as we receive the funds from both Apple/Google we will make the donations to the selected causes and will share our receipts both in this thread and on social media.

    What BLM causes will you be donating to?
    We are in the process of assessing the exact causes to which we will be allocating the amount raised. Given that the donations will be made several weeks from now, we want to do what we can to maximize their impact in light of the BLM movement’s needs at that time.

    We will share specifics at some point prior to our official donation date.

    If I just want to donate money to support BLM causes, what should I do?
    If you want to make a direct, immediate contribution to one of the many worthy BLM related causes that does not incur App Store or Google Play Store fees, we recommend exploring the charities curated on this site:

    https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/

    Thank you from all of us at Hidden Variable, Lab Zero, and Autumn
     
    #1 MightyZug, Jun 3, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2020
  2. Sairus

    Sairus AKA Cellsai
    Moderator Hidden Variable Dev

    Joined:
    Apr 24, 2019
    Messages:
    291
    Likes Received:
    392
    As mentioned above, we promised that the total revenue from Skullgirls Mobile from June 4-7 would to be donated to Black Lives Matter causes.

    During that four day period, together we raised a staggering $38.531.40! We were completely floored by the outpouring of generosity from our players from around the world. We couldn't be more proud. THANK YOU!

    After careful review, we selected the following four charities related to the Black Lives Matter movement. The proceeds were split equally, so each of these causes have been given $9,650:

    Campaign Zero
    Equal Justice Initiative
    NAACP Legal Defense Fund
    Center for Policing Equity

    We encourage you to visit their websites for a better understanding of how each of them are contributing to the BLM movement.

    If you wish to view the receipts for these donations you can see them here:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

    Once again, thank you from all of us at Hidden Variable and Autumn.

    #blacklivesmatter
     
    Stone, Art3mes, buggy. and 4 others like this.

Share This Page