• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Other [Buff] - Formula change for Flat Attack and Flat Health

SvenZ

Reaction score
Brief Explanation:
- Flat Attack and Flat HP will now be increased by % Increase modifiers.

Example: Your character has 1000 base attack, 50% Damage increase and 500 flat damage increase.
Old formula: 2000 total damage
New formula: 2250 total damage

Long Explanation
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
Flat Attack and HP are very deceiving stats, and are pretty much newb traps. They're only useful for Bronze fighters, and that's for the first 20-30 levels of your account. So roughly speaking, flat Attack and HP become irrelevant after playing for just a few weeks.

The problem is that they're an additive bonus, meaning that they're a flat increase, not influenced by other values. The way to resolve that is to change up the damage/health increase formulas.

The current formula appears to be this:
Total Attack = ( Base Attack × (1+ % Attack / 100 )) + Flat Attack

So if we have:
Base Attack = 1000
% Attack = 10%
Flat Attack = 60

We'll have
(1000 x (1 + 10/100 )) + 60 = 1160

I propose to change it to the following

Total Attack = (Base Attack + Flat Attack) x (1+ % Attack / 100 ))

So if we use the same variables as above, we'll get the following:

(1000 + 60) x (1 + 10/100) = 1166

On the surface, this may look like a small and even insignificant change, however keep in mind that the variables I'm using are very small. Let's pump them up a bit.

New variables:

Base Attack = 12 000
% Attack = 80%
Flat Attack = 1000

Old Formula: We'll have (12 000 x (1 + 80/100 )) + 1000 = 22,600
New Formula: (12 000 + 1000) x (1 + 80/100) = 23,400

This will not automatically make Flat Attack and Flat HP extremely desired. This is not the goal of this suggestion. If we were to just increase the flat Attack and HP, that would severely affect the early game experience, and a lot of other values would have to be adjusted. This change aims at making Flat Attack and Flat HP more viable for the mid early game, without feeling like a dead stat.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
My guess is that all % Based Damage increases go into the same formula, like Dark Horse or Noble Mogul.
I.e. ( Base Attack × (1+ (% Attack_1 + % Attack_2 + % Attack_3) / 100 )) + Flat Attack

If that's the case, the change to the formula would benefit Flat Attack even more. Future Variants can utilize Flat Damage increases in their Signature Abilities, so the formula can be turned into: (Base Attack + (Flat Attack_1 + Flat Attack_2)) x (1+ (% Attack_1 + % Attack_2) / 100 ))

Just as an example, let's say we have a New variant which grants 20 Flat Attack for every 1000HP that your point character has. So if the point character we're using has 80k HP, that will be 1600 flat attack. Let's also imagine our point is Dark Element and we're using Dark Horse in our equation to make things more fun.

New Variables + Dark Horse + Example Variant

Base Attack = 12 000
% Attack (from Special Moves) = 80%
% Attack (from Dark Horse) = 50%
Flat Attack (from Special Moves) = 1000
Flat Attack (from Example Variant) = 1600

Old Formula: We'll have (12 000 x (1 + (80+50)/100 )) + (1000+1600) = 30,200
New Formula: (12 000 + (1000+1600)) x (1 + (80+50)/100) = 31,740 = 33,580

That's 3,380 more damage that we're getting out of our Flat Attack stats

Last edited:
bump for feedback. If something isn't clear, I'll try to format the explanation more

I'm pretty confident in saying SGM adds multipliers like enrage and in this case Dark Horse's ability after the move %. The DMG Calculator site (credits to BRDV iirc) is very accurate and does this too.

Regardless, what I'm understanding is that flat attack and attack % be changed to interact with eachother. It would defintely be an improvement, but you'd still need attack % on every move to make the most out of flat attack besides it.

Reactions: SvenZ
I'm pretty confident in saying SGM adds multipliers like enrage and in this case Dark Horse's ability after the move %. The DMG Calculator site (credits to BRDV iirc) is very accurate and does this too.

Regardless, what I'm understanding is that flat attack and attack % be changed to interact with eachother. It would defintely be an improvement, but you'd still need attack % on every move to make the most out of flat attack besides it.
Absolutely, % Attack is still going to be a must. Flat Attack and HP will now at least no longer be dead stats for Silver, Gold and Diamond fighters.

If you have any source on the damage calculation that is used I'll be very grateful!

Reactions: Stone
While the calculator uses mostly if not completely the correct calculations, It's pretty black-boxed so you are right, its nice to see the actual calculation itself. I'll see what I can do.

Reactions: SvenZ