• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Bug - Normal Character textures not working

Mav.wav

Reaction score
Just got skullgirls today on my chromebook through the google play store, the game works fine except for all of the gameplay character textures, which all appear as purple squares (assuming this means missing textures). The game is completely playable otherwise - I got through the tutorial easily. I have tried reinstalling and restarting my Chromebook, neither fixed it. I don't know how to verify file integrity on Chromebook either, if someone knows how to do that as well that would be greatly helpful. (screenshot included)

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-10-20 at 1.11.20 PM.png
    Screenshot 2020-10-20 at 1.11.20 PM.png
    539.5 KB · Views: 6
Currently our game is not optimized for Chromebook, so it's likely you'll continue to run into issues like this.

Reactions: Mav.wav
Currently our game is not optimized for Chromebook, so it's likely you'll continue to run into issues like this.
Okay, thanks for the response! You said "currently" does that mean there are plans to have this working eventually? I'm curious as to how the texture optimization works when changing platforms. I'm aware that the game is also on steam, so there must be something preventing from simply editing the texture files slightly. Operating system seems to be the culprit, then?

You said "currently" does that mean there are plans to have this working eventually?
"Currently" [:p] there are no plans to support Chromebook right now. SGM is only meant to run on iOS and aOS devices. Being able to download it onto a Chromebook at all is actually an oversight, sorry about that.

so there must be something preventing from simply editing the texture files slightly.
There's an involved process that turns the raw source art (Big Band is 1.13GB for example) into what you see in game (66.8 MB for BB) without issues. The compression makes it really difficult to mod or adjust any of Skullgirls' source files used for gameplay. Doing so would also be a big no no... Hope that helps.

Oh I see, well the game is still very much playable (and fun) even without the animations. I wasn't implying I was going to modify anything to fix it myself lol, I only have a rudimentary knowledge of C++, I was simply curious as to what general things go into porting a game. Thanks!