• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Character trading

Cupcake305

Reaction score
I believe some kind of trade should be in game. In my opinion it should be something that “pay to play” players can’t take advantage of but still achievable to “free to play” players. In order to achieve this feature this would be my idea...

1. players must reach lvl 30 (only achieved after rifts)
2. There should be a trading fee from both players (cost going in to the game not opposing player)

*bronze (10,000 canopy)
*Silver (100,000 canopy)
*Gold (500 theonite)
*Diamond (1500 theonite)

3. Characters up for trade must be max level before they can be traded

4. Max of 5 trades per week per player (reset on Sunday at midnight)

I believe some kind of trade should be in game. In my opinion it should be something that “pay to play” players can’t take advantage of but still achievable to “free to play” players. In order to achieve this feature this would be my idea...

1. players must reach lvl 30 (only achieved after rifts)
2. There should be a trading fee from both players (cost going in to the game not opposing player)

*bronze (10,000 canopy)
*Silver (100,000 canopy)
*Gold (500 theonite)
*Diamond (1500 theonite)

3. Characters up for trade must be max level before they can be traded

4. Max of 5 trades per week per player (reset on Sunday at midnight)
Hi

I don't think trading characters is in the spirit of the game. The game is about grinding and building collections, with big rewards for learning new skills and strategies and requires focusing resources on one or two characters at a time. Having gaps in your collection is part of what keeps people playing long term. (Albeit getting diamond dupes is frustrating). The Devs do well regularly adding new characters and variants to keep things fresh.

The game as it's stands is one of the most open, balanced and non pay to win I've played. It rewards grinding and all the characters and variants are obtainable without spending RL money. The longer and more often you play the more you are rewarded.

I've been playing for two years, pretty much every day, doing the dailies and PFs (now I mostly only do Master level and Top 10% Gold PF) with 70ish diamond/ed variants and with plenty of natural diamond and a few gold variants still to play for. I do not pay to win, you don't have to - it's all patience and grind. And I love it.

Cheers,
Cod

Hi

I don't think trading characters is in the spirit of the game. The game is about grinding and building collections, with big rewards for learning new skills and strategies and requires focusing resources on one or two characters at a time. Having gaps in your collection is part of what keeps people playing long term. (Albeit getting diamond dupes is frustrating). The Devs do well regularly adding new characters and variants to keep things fresh.

The game as it's stands is one of the most open, balanced and non pay to win I've played. It rewards grinding and all the characters and variants are obtainable without spending RL money. The longer and more often you play the more you are rewarded.

I've been playing for two years, pretty much every day, doing the dailies and PFs (now I mostly only do Master level and Top 10% Gold PF) with 70ish diamond/ed variants and with plenty of natural diamond and a few gold variants still to play for. I do not pay to win, you don't have to - it's all patience and grind. And I love it.

Cheers,
Cod
Seconded. Once you become later game it really becomes a lot of about collection building, and later game players could probably accumulate the fee you mention easily. Trading in an RNG game is a bit counterintuitive to the object of the game. There's also lots of opportunities to get relics and collect foddler (the only other reason I see for trading other than collection building) from prize fights and Cabinet of Curiosities.

@Cupcake305 Don't feel discouraged, I think trading would be pretty cool and I like that you added some restrictions and thought your idea through. Maybe trading catalysts or moves might be in the foreseeable future (but then again I think that's what CoC was made for). Another interesting spin off of this would be like a marketplace where players can offer trades for some things they don't use often.

Reactions: Codlugarthia