• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Cinco de Mayo - ¡Viva la Fiesta! Prize Fight

i saw a team of 40k dreamband 35k armed forces and 30k firefly
i took a chance because i have death wish
i took my best fighters
fight starts with bleed
dreamband drops dead in the first second
h*e im shook
so shaken the armed forces pumeled me to death

Reactions: Yomady and fanghoul
Menacing Aura ゴゴゴゴ
"Don't even think about fighting them" list:
  • Assassin's Greed Valentine
  • Dream Band Big Band
  • Teams with multiple Valentines
  • Marqueed Filias looking to make your bleeds permanent
Super-charged SAs
"You get superpowers" list:
  • Poltergust Squigly - her SA2 (when a BUFF on Squigly or the opponent expires, gain 25% METER for all BLOCKBUSTERS) gives you endless meter. You can chain BB3s, so Leviathan becomes a flamethrower
  • Mean One Peacock - nearly permanent enrage from SA1's get mad at buffs, and the enemy gets a plague of debuffs from a projectile hit (SA2). Like two rows of red illness markers.
  • Djinn Frizz Filia - hulk out when the three wishes SA (33% chance when using a BLOCKBUSTER to convert 3 BUFF(S) into permanent ENRAGE) often becomes 5 stacks of permanent enrage very quickly.
Got any to add to the lists?

A good pace for this 4 day PF is pulling 25 million a day so most of you should have your 3 Bandera Relics by now. I got supremely fortunate:
  • Thrill Shrieker Squigly
  • Thrill Shrieker Squigly
  • Rock Star Filia (finally! I've been after this variant since the Back To School event August 2019!)
Dark horse might be Claw & Order. She can reset the Bleed timer.

Stand Out carries me this PF. Her SA + Chaos Banish are great at removing buffs, regen taunt to cancel bleeds and BB3 spam second only to Poltergust.

Reactions: Yomady
i saw a team of 40k dreamband 35k armed forces and 30k firefly
i took a chance because i have death wish
i took my best fighters
fight starts with bleed
h*e im shook
so shaken the armed forces pumeled me to death
Armed forces really is a pain

Final day! Got until 3AM to climb to that 100 million mark. From all the fuss I've seen about the modifiers being to too tough or restrictive, I predict a low 10% mark.

Had similar experiences. In-game chat hypes up Dream Band Big Band like a monster but every rare chance I get to fight him he's just a pushover. Maybe I've been lucky?

But Assassin's Greed Valentine with ICU marquee is terrifying. I-It's the Skullgirl! If she bleeds, she regens. If you bleed, she regens. Maybe if you bring Mean One Peacock you may have a chance, otherwise it is all despair. It is like seeing Overclocked Robo-Fortune during the Robo-Fortune PF -- the modifiers are made for them, so avoid at all costs.

Oh, You Again?
"On nearly every defense team" list:
  • Armed Forces Cerebella - a fully-evolved diamond one can be scary
  • That's All Folks! Peacock - I know RNG is my enemy, giving me 4 bleeds in a row, but your Evasion stack chance isn't something you should count on, brat!
  • Weekend Warrior Beowulf - Mean One Peacock and Doublicious Double would like a closer look at your buffet table full of buffs...
  • Windswept Filia - I enjoy seeing the AI use Evade without appearing to move at all
  • Scared Stiff Squigly - here to stall for time
  • Every Valentine, all the time (includes: Scrubs, a million Kill Joys, a rare Oh Mai, dozens of Last Hopes and Surgeon Generals, a few scary Pyro-Techniques, and evil incarnate Assassin's Greed)

With enriched rewards facilitated by features new and old (gifts, viewing parlour, upgraded daily-logins and player-level-ups and various holiday-themed pfs), I think the devs are committed to helping new players catch up. To that end, for a once-a-year pf as difficult as Cinco de Mayo, why not make the 1 diamond key, one of the most coveted resources, a part of the top 10% event reward?

Last edited:
The results are in:
¡VIVA LA FIESTA! (Cinco de Mayo ) Prize Fight [05-02-20 / 05-05-20]
- #1 - 289,305,710
- #100 - 147,340,603
- 10% - 22,853,170
- 30% - 5,699,639
- 60% - 1,551,206

More than half the participants gave up half-way up the milestone reward ladder. With 10% being less than a quarter of the 100 million mark, it seems most dipped out after their third Bandera Relic. Was this PF too tough?

Overall, I think the event was great. The Modifiers RNG created plenty of crazy moments where the buffs/debuffs would waver from being wildly in your favor or out to kill you dead. My only regret is half my collection could only watch from the bench as the three required elements were strengthened with massive XP gains. I have so many level 50 golds now stuck in the waiting-to-diamond-evolve lobby.

I have mixed feelings on this PF.

On one hand, it was a pretty interesting chance to strategize and build both attack and defense teams that worked well with the modifier. There were a ton of tough and interesting strategies that I saw on my way to 100mil, all of which synergized with the modifier in one way or another. It was fun seeing how everyone else worked around the bleeds and enemy buffs or simply turned a tough modifier into a win-win situation.

On the other hand, sometimes no matter how well you strategized the outcome of the battle was simply out of your hands, and all you could do was to pray that RNGsus was feeling merciful. After a certain point I just used Doublicious and a ton of energy refills to power through to the end without having to wrestle the modifier anymore. Not a huge fan of the highly restrictive team comp either, as I feel like it probably locked out a lot of players who didn't have large/diverse collections or the energy refills to keep going after they've all run out of energy.

I think it just needs a few small tweaks to remove the frustration factors though; like making it so you can't get the same effect twice in a row from the modifier, and loosening up the team restrictions a bit. Maybe simply exclude Water/Dark/Neutral so you can build a team with any number of Fire/Wind/Light fighters, or allow all fighters but only Fire/Wind/Light are affected by the modifier.

I got 4 Blood Drives from the ranking relics, which I don't mind since I need them to evolve Rusty to Diamond and their skill points for marquee'ing Neuro. Pretty good haul overall, and I managed to evolve several fighters using the essences I earned from the milestones.

Last edited:
I was not a fan of the modifiers at first. They ended up growing on me after the 2nd day, after I finally stopped trying to win by brute force and just use one of the OP attacers for the PF in every fight I tried. From my point of view, the major drawback for this PF ended up been the heavy restrictions on team composition. As an example, if this happened a month ago and I didn't have Mean one and doublicious as diamond fighters, this would have been a pain.

Instead of creating a new thread, I thought I'd just update this one!

The ¡VIVA LA FIESTA! Prize Fight will start on May 5th and run for 4 Days. This event requires an Air, Light, and Fire Fighter on your team, so players with deep, diverse collections will really get to shine! Like other special event Prize Fights, there are huge rewards available, including tons of Bandera Relics.
-Sairus in the 4.7 Update thread

I predict the same milestone markers as 2020 (I'll post 2021 when it starts) and same modifiers, but there will be some differences for 2021!

BANDERA RELIC

SILVER
Gang Green Squigly
Triple Threat Annie
Blood Drive Painwheel

GOLD
Timeless Hero Annie
Weekend Warrior Beowulf
Time Thief Ms. Fortune

DIAMOND
X-Bot Robo-Fortune
Dream Band Big Band
Fire Branded Annie

No Air diamond is kinda weird, eh? Too soon for Creature of Habit Double to appear. But Snake Bite Beowulf, Stand Out Eliza, Wind Stalker Ms. Fortune, Fly Trap Painwheel, and X-Bot Robo-Fortune could have filled that ultra rare (1% chance to get diamond) spot to keep the tricolor theme. 🤷‍♂️
EDIT: X-Bot steps up for the misreported Summer Salt

And don't forget, the day after the event starts, they will announce the upcoming new character. Who will be character #16?! Find out on May 6th.

Last edited:
DIAMOND
Fire Branded Annie
Dream Band Big Band
Summer Salt Parasoul

No Air diamond is kinda weird, eh? Too soon for Creature of Habit Double to appear. But Snake Bite Beowulf, Stand Out Eliza, Wind Stalker Ms. Fortune, Fly Trap Painwheel, and X-Bot Robo-Fortune could have filled that ultra rare (1% chance to get diamond) spot to keep the tricolor theme. 🤷‍♂️
Huh, my Bandera Relics shows all of this year's 'new' fighters except Summer Salt, still has X-Bot...

Reactions: Asya Goyle
I don't have any Cinco de Mayo bundles available in my shop, is it normal ? I bought one yesterday, and the 2 other bundle options were still available until today :(

CINCO DE MAYO
¡VIVA LA FIESTA! Prize Fight 5/1 - 5/31

¡VIVA LA FIESTA! Milestone Rewards
  1. 25,000 = 10 Theonite 10,000 Canopy Coins
  2. 50,000 = 20 Theonite 15,000 Canopy Coins
  3. 100,000 = 30 Theonite 22,500 Canopy Coins
  4. 325,000 = 40 Theonite 34,000 Canopy Coins 1 Bandera Relic
  5. 800,000 = 50 Theonite 50,000 Canopy Coins
  6. 1,500,000 = 60 Theonite 76,000 Canopy Coins
  7. 2,500,000 = 70 Theonite 114,000 Canopy Coins 1 Bandera Relic
  8. 4,500,000 = 80 Theonite 171,000 Canopy Coins
  9. 8,000,000 = 90 Theonite 256,000 Canopy Coins
  10. 12,500,000 = 100 Theonite 384,000 Canopy Coins 1 Bandera Relic
  11. 25,000,000 = 100 Air Elemental Shards 100 Light Elemental Shards 100 Fire Elemental Shards 500 Gold Relic Shards
  12. 50,000,000 = 100 Air Elemental Shards 100 Light Elemental Shards 100 Fire Elemental Shards 250 Diamond Relic Shards
  13. 100,000,000 = 150 Air Elemental Shards 150 Light Elemental Shards 150 Fire Elemental Shards 1 LEGENDARYRELIC
  14. 150,000,000 = 1 MARIACHIDIAMONDRELIC
TOTAL: 550 Theonite 1,132,500 Canopy Coins 3 Bandera Relics 350 Air Elemental Shards 350 Light Elemental Shards 350 Fire Elemental Shards and more!

Canopy Coins have been doubled while element shards have been reduced 66% (previously one got 1000 of each element, now it is near a third). Sounds like a fair trade to me! Plus that all-important guaranteed diamond at the top (now part of these month-long holiday PFs) is a great motivator.

¡VIVA LA FIESTA! Fight Modifiers

NEW!
  • PIÑATA MEXICANA
    [Air, Light and Fire Element Fighters] Gain 3 stacks of a BUFF every 10 seconds and at the start of the match. The BUFF gained lasts for 10 seconds and cycles between REGEN, BLESSING, and ENRAGE. seconds.
OLD
  • Must have Air on your team!
  • Must have Light on your team!
  • Must have Fire on your team!
  • PIÑATA MEXICANA
    At the start of the match and every 10 seconds afterward, gain 5 stacks of REGEN, BLESSING, or BLEED for 10 seconds.
Quite the positive rebalance! Water, Dark, and Neutral can join in on the fun. BLEED has been replaced by ENRAGE so now you'll feel a strength boost instead of RNG saying "lol bleed to death, loser." The reduction from 5 stacks to 3 should also lessen the impact of BUFFs.

BANDERA RELIC

DIAMOND
X-Bot Robo-Fortune
Dream Band Big Band
Neuromancer Painwheel

GOLD
Timeless Hero Annie
Weekend Warrior Beowulf
Red Velvet Eliza

SILVER
Chameleon Twist Fukua
Toad Warrior Cerebella
Rock Star Filia
Feline Lucky Ms. Fortune
Doublicious Double
Dead Heat Squigly
Wildcard Peacock
Shadow Ops Parasoul
Graveyard Shift Valentine

MARIACHI DIAMOND RELIC

X-Bot Robo-Fortune
Dream Band Big Band
Beast King Beowulf
Fire Branded Annie
Neuromancer Painwheel

I don't think anyone will complain if one of the best diamonds of the game is interfering with the green, light, and red scheme (purple is half red, right?).

This PF is annoying. I noticed that both opponent and ally fighters get same buffs at the same time it means if you get regen or blessing so does opponents. Unlike spring cleaning, Fighters on bench don't get buffs. Again this PF like former will demand buff control or curse inflicting variants coz of no other way of removing buffs. Considering Air, Light and Fire elements I think M1, Doublicious, Elizas with chaos banish and other like Purrd, Silent Kill and High Damaging ones like Neuro, Beast King will be great.
In defense, Splitting Image and Dream Band can be scary to deal with add SG and IF to it.
Slime will work wonder in this PF though. I am looking at you umbrella hugging hungren.

Canopy Coins have been doubled while element shards have been reduced 66% (previously one got 1000 of each element, now it is near a third). Sounds like a fair trade to me!
Yeah, seems all (new and old) PFs are gonna have the 'standard' milestone structure now;

• 550 theo
• 1.1M CC
• 1000 elemental shards
• 500 gold shards
• 250 diamond shards
• 3x PF relics
• 1 legendary relic
• 1 PF Diamond Relic

Still a good amount of rewards for the effort every month, so no complaints!

This PF is annoying. I noticed that both opponent and ally fighters get same buffs at the same time it means if you get regen or blessing so does opponents. Unlike spring cleaning, Fighters on bench don't get buffs. Again this PF like former will demand buff control or curse inflicting variants coz of no other way of removing buffs. Considering Air, Light and Fire elements I think M1, Doublicious, Elizas with chaos banish and other like Purrd, Silent Kill and High Damaging ones like Neuro, Beast King will be great.
In defense, Splitting Image and Dream Band can be scary to deal with add SG and IF to it.
Slime will work wonder in this PF though. I am looking at you umbrella hugging hungren.
Maybe fighters on bench do get buffs but I am not sure. Saw one come up with regen but not sure.

Again this PF like former will demand buff control or curse inflicting variants coz of no other way of removing buffs. Considering Air, Light and Fire elements I think M1, Doublicious, Elizas with chaos banish and other like Purrd, Silent Kill and High Damaging ones like Neuro, Beast King will be great.
Or Rusty. Works so well here.
Nothing can beat Doublicious, though. We have two months in a row to celebrate this variant, yay.

A few days into it, I think the modifiers nerf may have made the PF too soft?

Orderly Cycle (REGEN, BLESSING, ENRAGE)​

Mirrored buffs cancel each other out. If you and your opponent are regen-ing, neither has the advantage, right? The cycle is definitely necessary though. It was crazy how the enemy could keep getting REGEN after REGEN in a row while you bled to death. Maybe a bigger buff pool (no FINAL STAND!) or offset timers (randomly start in the cycle vs enemy team's random start) would help?

BLEED ➡️ ENRAGE​

Feels like ENRAGE doesn't help much and the loss of BLEED has taken away the fear and danger.

5 stacks ➡️ 3 stacks​

Previously, everyone got a chance to be a Fly Trap Painwheel. Dropping from 5 stacks to 3 stacks weakens the effects by almost half. Makes things more manageable, but it lessens the threat. The more severe BUFF/DEBUFF made things more urgent. Maybe the amount of stacks can randomly vary?

Nothing wrong with a more chill PF, but it now feels like a lesser version of Spring Cleaning.

seems all (new and old) PFs are gonna have the 'standard' milestone structure now;
True! While I like every PF getting bigger basic benefits, it might be smoothing over distinctions. Like how Valentine's had more gifts and St. Patrick's had increased gold (Canopy coins). I want thematic extras!

Reactions: Nefelibata
True! While I like every PF getting bigger basic benefits, it might be smoothing over distinctions. Like how Valentine's had more gifts and St. Patrick's had increased gold (Canopy coins). I want thematic extras!
Agreed! I'd like a slightly more thematic reward structure for each PF in addition to the relics.

Reactions: Nefelibata
It's over! 🇲🇽✨

- #1 - 1,980,820,676
- #100 - 262,760,374
- 10% - 25,864,870
- 30% - 4,633,318
- 60% - 674,619
Source: PF/Rift results thread

Almost 2 billion! Personally, I couldn't go beyond the minimum 150 million. I like how the adjusted modifiers are more fair and predictable, but it lacked power for the player or an edge of danger. Just mild stalling buffs unless you bring along a buff-eater like Mean One Peacock or Rusty Painwheel.

As for relics, all silvers and a Beast King Beowulf duplicate. All the diamonds in the Mariachi Relic would have been great, except for Neuromancer Painwheel (her PA clashes with her SA).

Maybe next year's Cinco de Mayo could have REGEN, BLESSING, and a random DEBUFF that isn't STUN or DOOM