• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Collection Convert into Shiny

Դավիթ

Reaction score
The idea is quite simple, if an ordinary character has a prestige level of 100, then it becomes Shiny. Level 100 prestige is not so easy to achieve, only if they are bronze, silver, or if they are from event awards.​

If the character was already shiny for this reason, then nothing changes at 100 prestige level.

Here's the thing about shiny variants...they are rare. Intentionally rare.
Because they are so rare they have a special 'bonus' of their leveling up 'cost' being discounted.

The 'street cred' of having a shiny in your collection means you had a very lucky pull. Reaching Lv 100 prestige, for any rarity, is statically easier than pulling any shiny. So being able to unlock a shiny variant undermines the scarcity/specialness of pulling a shiny variant.

I mean this is a gatcha-game, it is by design that if a player wants to chase shiny variants, all they have to do is open (a lot) more relics...which in turn requires more Theo...

That said...
Do I think that if you max out a fighter's prestige AND XP AND Marquee levels that there should be some unique 'visual enhancement' to signify that achievement? Yes, but it is not unlocking shiny status.

Reactions: SvenZ
Here's the thing about shiny variants...they are rare. Intentionally rare.
Because they are so rare they have a special 'bonus' of their leveling up 'cost' being discounted.

The 'street cred' of having a shiny in your collection means you had a very lucky pull. Reaching Lv 100 prestige, for any rarity, is statically easier than pulling any shiny. So being able to unlock a shiny variant undermines the scarcity/specialness of pulling a shiny variant.

I mean this is a gatcha-game, it is by design that if a player wants to chase shiny variants, all they have to do is open (a lot) more relics...which in turn requires more Theo...

That said...
Do I think that if you max out a fighter's prestige AND XP AND Marquee levels that there should be some unique 'visual enhancement' to signify that achievement? Yes, but it is not unlocking shiny status.
Agreed here. I have Prestige lv100 on almost all gold variants and also half of my natural diamonds.

That said, I do wish there is a way to work towards making a specific card shiny that is ultra long goal like one per year. Long term players need these goals to keep playing.

Reactions: SvenZ