• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Other Data usage keeps increasing

Ryouhi

Reaction score
Not sure if it's really "feedback" in it's original sense.
But i have noticed that my data usage from Skullgirls Mobile has significantly increased from earlier versions of the game.

I believe when i first started playing the game over the course of a month the game would maybe use between 100 - 200 MB.
Now this month it has used up more than 800 MBs for me.
I'm sure new additions such as the CoC and rift battles will be some of the sources for the increase, but i still wanted to bring this up to the devs.

I'm not sure how much "data useage" is able to be optimized, but as someone with a somehwat lower amount of data each month, 800 MB is just a pretty large chunk.

Reactions: fanghoul
Are you sure that you're viewing data usage per month and not an "all time" reading? iOS for example won't reset data statistics until you do it manually.

Also, most of that would be from the update files that were just released if you checked right away. When we release an update, you need to re-download a lot of files completely, instead of just grabbing a few lines of code that changed.

Cabinet & Rift Battles shouldn't be that intense... we also just optimized a lot of network calls for 3.1 to reduce needless information coming in, per your suggestion in this thread.

Are you sure that you're viewing data usage per month and not an "all time" reading? iOS for example won't reset data statistics until you do it manually.

Also, most of that would be from the update files that were just released if you checked right away. When we release an update, you need to re-download a lot of files completely, instead of just grabbing a few lines of code that changed.

Cabinet & Rift Battles shouldn't be that intense... we also just optimized a lot of network calls for 3.1 to reduce needless information coming in, per your suggestion in this thread.
I'm pretty sure my phone automatically resets those stats each month. My data is reset on the 22nd (so today) and a few days it was more than 800 MBs used for Skullgirls. Today it was reset back to 0.

And because of my low data cap i also wouldn't have downloaded an update on the go either and would wait to do that at home over Wifi, so this *should* be just by playing the game.

As i said, today my data was reset, and just today the game has used 37MB from playing alone (downloaded the update in the morning at home)
~30MB a day for 30 days would be 900MB, so it seems accurate?

Though to be fair, today i also had to close and reopen the game a lot as it would get stuck when opening the CoC, so i probably opened the game 5 times today?

Hm so yeah, this is my experience currently, i'll keep a watch on my data consumption in the coming week and update the thread if that may be off help?

Though to be fair, today i also had to close and reopen the game a lot as it would get stuck when opening the CoC, so i probably opened the game 5 times today?
Perhaps a network call request is repeating infinitely during that bug, causing a massive download...? I have to investigate more, but I'll poke around to see if I can see the same thing.

If you can follow these steps, and find the source of the increased data usage, I'd be happy to get it looked at:

- Reset data usage statistics back to 0.0MB.
- Launch Skullgirls.
- Do ONE thing (Cabinet of Curiosities loading bug is a good one to check)
- Close the app.
- Check data usage statistic again.

If you can follow these steps, and find the source of the increased data usage, I'd be happy to get it looked at:

Hm starting the game and checking the coc (didnt get the bug to happen this time) used roughly 2MB just now.

I'll see if i can get the bug to happen.

On another note:

some more data:

Oct - Nov 2018 = 200MB
Nov - Dec 2018 = 495MB
Dec - Jan 2019 = 460MB
Jan - Feb 2019 = 886 MB

So while there's definitely an increase in data useage visible even in earlier months, the 880 MB seems to be quite the outlier (though with my current usage today it seems like i'm right on the path to the same number again)