• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Has the prize fights event reward percentages changed?

Poyo1

Reaction score
Hello I wanted to ask this critical display because I couldve sworn back then all you needed was 15,000,000 to get a gold at top 10% for prizefights

now It doesn’t seem to happen anymore? I only get silver

is this a glitch or a genuin decision to make it higher. If so, what amount do I need now to contribute to gold?

35A24755-57FB-4756-A7C0-03BD67DC3638.jpegD85CD6A5-8D8F-4256-81A6-FC90D8808804.jpeg

The thresholds/cut-offs for the different rank rewards change with every Prize Fight. You can check all previous Prize Fight thresholds here on the SGM forums. They also get posted on Discord, Twitter and Instagram. Also, there’s a google doc by Krazete on the SGM reddit.

Use this info to get an estimate of what to aim for. But no one can know for sure what the cut-offs will be until after the Prize Fight is done.

Reactions: rexturtle1120
Also, there’s a google doc by Krazete on the SGM reddit.
Here's a link to that file, for those interested.

As the devs point out (many, many times) in the Score Reports thread:
PLEASE NOTE: The points listed in this post were the points required to reach each prize cutoff this past week only. These points change every week depending on how many active players there are, and how high those players scored. The next time these Prize Fights occur it may take more or less points to earn prizes. These are not guaranteed score thresholds. Use them to get a better idea of roughly where next week's scores might be, but do not assume the scores will remain exactly the same.

The score targets for all of the Prize FIghts are still changing rapidly as the player base acclimates to the 4.8 update. Note that even in the later months of 4.7 when scores were relatively stable, there was still a very wide range of score targets between different characters -- the last time Robo-Fortune's Gold 10% cutoff was over 10 million was almost a year ago, but the last three Filia and Parasoul fights before the 4.8 update had cutoffs over 20 million. Scores dipped a bit at the start of 4.8 because many of the highest-scoring players chose to focus on the new Diamond PFs, but I suspect many of those players are moving back to Gold as they decide it's not worth the effort to grind out a score over 40 million to maybe reach the 30% cutoff there.

In short, the increasing score target is a "genuine decision" -- by thousands of other players who all decided to play more to be sure of getting the best prizes.

It is an outdated system that needs revised. Even before the diamond age, it was the cause of many miserable mornings of almost-win results. Easy fix: expand milestone tracks to include percentage rewards so effort merits reliable rewards. E.g. in diamond PF, 30 million gets you 30% rewards.
is this a glitch or a genuin decision to make it higher.
We are all at the mercy of the mob. Can you think of another competition that works like this?

In a better system, strong players should be able to grind as much as they want, guilt-free. They can polish their army of level 60 diamond army without burdening the weak.

It is an outdated system that needs revised. Even before the diamond age, it was the cause of many miserable mornings of almost-win results. Easy fix: expand milestone tracks to include percentage rewards so effort merits reliable rewards. E.g. in diamond PF, 30 million gets you 30% rewards.

We are all at the mercy of the mob. Can you think of another competition that works like this?

In a better system, strong players should be able to grind as much as they want, guilt-free. They can polish their army of level 60 diamond army without burdening the weak.
Ah, yes, the "to be safe" mob mentality keeps those scores inching higher and higher. I said it in another post, but people want their efforts for grinding to be 'worth' the time investment, so it's better to over shoot the previous cut-off by 3-5M.

The percentage cut-off rewards was 'ok' in the beginning when gold fighter 'strength' was 10-12K on average the player pool was smaller , but 3+ years later...fighter strength is 20-25k and how many active players are there now? 10's of thousands? Which isn't a bad thing, but now these players are now split into 4 separate pools, with, IMHO, Diamond being the smallest pool (and the most enfranchised players).

And remember, this is a percentile rank where the (fewer) number of data points (qualifying participants) greatly influences rank. AND I think the Diamond prize fight pool is shrinking too as the lack of a 'guaranteed gold' event reward is requiring more and more grinding and players are going back to gold PF.

I'm very close to jumping back to Gold PF, which I feel isn't fair to the players in that PF that can't compete in the Diamond PF yet (if ever).

I also don't think this PF locking system helps new players. Any new player starting around or after the debut of Diamond PF will have a considerably slower progression than the rest of us; they can only earn 1 new fighter each PF, where before we could potentially earn 3 (even if it was only Bronze/silver).

Something has to change for sure...

I dunno, maybe it could be just a '3-day' event and players have to progress through all the tiers starting at Bronze and upon reaching the final milestone reward, it unlocks the next tier working up to Diamond and once you leave a tier you can't go back...

Reactions: BallotBoxer