• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Fights Here we go...(Prize) FIGHT (general discussion)

Hall☆weenQueen

Reaction score
So, for those of you who do not like the new prize fight set up...
I couldn't agree more.
But keep in mind, the developers got together and discussed this, they took time and effort to design it this way. I'm not a big fan of it, just as I wasn't with the relic odds change, but I think it's still a work in progress and they're just testing this idea they had. My stance on it is evident, but it will probably take a large majority of mobile players for them to change it back.

Petition, anyone?

(To the team behind the updates, you guys are always so on top of things it's amazing. I get you want to have new things for players, and we want new things too!! But play style and stuff like that is usually best kept constant [in my opinion]. Playing with your strongest fighters with other strong teams [which are at least close to your score] is one of the best parts of the game. To suddenly have to use fighters you never would otherwise, equip them with moves, change your team every time, and readjust your play style to meet their unlocked abilities is more work than it's worth. I'm only trying to facilitate constructive feedback to this new update, I hope you will take it into consideration.)

Reactions: Psyche
The only problem for me is beginning streaks now, it's just kinda boring having to fight agains 130 points characters when yours are 15 times stronger than that, but besides this I really enjoyed the change.
I'm not a big fan of it, just as I wasn't with the relic odds change
BTW, what were the relic odds before? I'm quite new to this game and community (less than two weeks since I started playing)

I guess one alternative to fix the slow start on pf is to let you choose oponents based on the FS of your defending team, it would also motivate people to create stronger defense teams which everyone seems to be avoiding to do

The only problem for me is beginning streaks now, it's just kinda boring having to fight agains 130 points characters when yours are 15 times stronger than that, but besides this I really enjoyed the change.

BTW, what were the relic odds before? I'm quite new to this game and community (less than two weeks since I started playing)

The relic odds were basically the same except you were guaranteed the fighter if who' relic you purchased (or won). Now it's like fancy duplicates of the priemer relic.

Reactions: PHPP
My personal problem is how streaks work in general i think.
Now it just feels even worse since you have to fight through enemy teams that are extremely underleveled in comparison to my own.

The way streaks work kind of makes you want to use your lower level characters first and usually carrying two low level fodders just to conserve energy for the later streaks that will earn you higher points.
Which feels like the complete opposite of what the mode feels like it wants to be.

Since carrying fodders increases your risk of failing your streak if you slip up and get your carry killed, but using all your main teams early makes you run out of energy it feels like being stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Especially since losing your streak now sends you back to enemies with such a low amount of FS that there's no point in not using automode for the first bunch of fights.

This is probably the main reason that makes me close the game - having fun playing against challenging teams at high streaks and then getting sent back to the 600FS teams that i can defeat with three taps.

---

Personally i'd like for Prize fights to have maybe less of a focus on streaks, so it doesn't feel like a waste using teams without fodder in the early fights (for example lowering the maximum streaks to 10 wins in a row, but keeping the max multiplier the same), as well as not reseting you to super easy enemy teams which are boring to play against.

Reactions: Hall☆weenQueen
My personal problem is how streaks work in general i think.
Now it just feels even worse since you have to fight through enemy teams that are extremely underleveled in comparison to my own.

The way streaks work kind of makes you want to use your lower level characters first and usually carrying two low level fodders just to conserve energy for the later streaks that will earn you higher points.
Which feels like the complete opposite of what the mode feels like it wants to be.

Since carrying fodders increases your risk of failing your streak if you slip up and get your carry killed, but using all your main teams early makes you run out of energy it feels like being stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Especially since losing your streak now sends you back to enemies with such a low amount of FS that there's no point in not using automode for the first bunch of fights.

This is probably the main reason that makes me close the game - having fun playing against challenging teams at high streaks and then getting sent back to the 600FS teams that i can defeat with three taps.

---

Personally i'd like for Prize fights to have maybe less of a focus on streaks, so it doesn't feel like a waste using teams without fodder in the early fights (for example lowering the maximum streaks to 10 wins in a row, but keeping the max multiplier the same), as well as not reseting you to super easy enemy teams which are boring to play against.

I could not agree more. Streaks seem to be a huge hit for a lot of players, but I don't see a great way to eliminate it. However, fighting teams which GRADUALLY become harder has always been a good system, and having your starting opponent be AT LEAST level to your team made starting at zero not as painful. Now prize fights are like nails on a chalkboard for the first few rounds and before you know it you're sweating to try to win fights, the escalation is way too fast and no one can get very far without being sent back to the nails on chalkboard part. I'm glad someone gets me on this!

Reactions: Ryouhi
Pretty annoyed with the new system, forcing you to fight low level teams and getting low points. I would love it if they would add changes to it but I definitely feel like I'm asking for too much here, especially when the team is working on squigly too.

I liked the old system better than the new one, especially with the modifiers that increase attack and hp by 20% for every game you win after streak 15. Eventually you can’t even win the fight and either stop playing the PF, or lose on purpose just to grind points. Then you gotta fight incredibly weak teams you can just spam charge attacks on and win. I think the best course of action would be taking the old system, and adding the ability to choose your fighters after choosing the team to fight. At least then you wouldn’t get unlucky with, say, having an armed forces, resonant evil and untouchable team (while having nothing to get rid of their buffs).

I believe we need a better pz system. But I also don’t want to go back. Pz before is too easy to grind. Emphasis on the too easy. We may miss it now but we will hate it in the long run. ie. one year from now.
The tough thing is how to change. I like the new lower fs teams in the beginning to include newer players. But it is too long, too many fights before we “get there”. Maybe something can be done on the climb up.

Reactions: Al Qedic
I want to also point out slowing down the speed players get to end game is what maturing online games do. And this is a form of a “online” game.

Reactions: Al Qedic
I too am under the impression that we sorta need a fix, but I do like that the way they make us fight low leveled fighters helps with lower leveled players.

I suppose a good change to start with probably could be like... Depending on your own level and fight score used for the beginning rounds, so too changes the first few opponents before the game ramps up the difficulty. I.E:

I start with about... 3k FS for a silver prize fight tier, then the opponents I fight are around 1750 / 2k and then after 4 fights, I'm effectively fighting against opponents with a fight score of 3400+ and so on to ease on how most people are tired fighting very weak opponents with high leveled fighters.
I do love that the prize fights are more inclusive to weaker players, but for us more leveled up players, there should be maybe a tiiiiny tweak involved rather than the emphasis on the streaks alone. In my experience of playing, I just tried to get as far as I could in points more than just the streak, though of course, streaks are the gamble this mode's about. It's interesting to see everyone's opinions on this though!

Last edited:
I won't go into too much about my own personal situation, but I can say I prefer this system heavily compared to the old one, in retrospect of course since I was a doubter of this system at first.

Even if the EXP is not much, I am slowly leveling my roster when I reset the kill streak once I hit 30 wins. This is allowing me to use more characters in my rotation and also continue leveling my characters, even if the experience is minimum.

The system also punishes people who only have one really solid team which I think is healthy for the game since deeper rosters are always more fun to work with then one super team.

Only direct complaint I have with the system is that not having Bleed or Xenomorph's Doom basically means you shouldn't be pushing for higher streaks just out of principle, so a lot of characters get knocked down the tier list in my book for lacking reliable bleed against the higher stats as streaks get higher.

Obviously you could put move points into moves but it's not worth it unless you have finished maxing out every character you wish to use in this game. The scoring system is very reliable with 30 win streaks and then repeating the process.

I am the opposite of Gamma Ray, where I was initially very enthusiastic about the new system, but have noticed that I'm playing a lot less now because I really don't like grinding through the trash tier groups at the beginning of each prize fight and after losing my streak.

I still think the high end is an huge improvement over what it used to be, both in the variety of what you fight, and in the challenge. I just also am not the sort of person who's going to play a game if it's boring, because I have too many things to do for that, and getting through all the early groups is really boring to me.

I'm also of the opinion that it's made me value the depth of my roster a lot less. I have enough people to grind through the early fights, but there's only a few fighters I'd trust to win at the high end of a streak, and so I use those characters and no one else because I really don't want to have to restart my streak. I mean, I could invest in my Silent Kill or Raw Nerv or Private Dick, but I'd only use them at best in a couple early fights, so why bother?

@fanghoul
After playing the system a while, I cannot help but agree with you. It feels like losing streaks is much more frustrating and playing the begginer fights just seems like a chore, and no game should feel like a chore. I find myself depending on the same few fighters and valuing those who either can inflict heavy bleed or have high damage in order to get me through the higher leveled fighters. The fight modifiers have to be constantly kept up with and can really become a pain instead of a challenge. I will say the exp can be quite rewarding but at the cost of possibly moving back to square one it does make one want to play less.

Reactions: fanghoul