• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Collection Improving the Collection's performance

Ryouhi

Reaction score
The collection has been a bit of a problem performance-wise from when i first started playing.
Some things have been done to make it smoother, but it's still loading too many things at once if you have a large collection.

Having to scroll through 100 characters to find the one you're searching for looks more like a slide show than an animation.

There's many ways to go about fixing this so i'll be suggesting some of them here:

1) Let us mark Cards as Favorites and give us an option to only show favorites when selecting fighting teams (probably not necessary if you go into the collection from the main menu)
My Favorites would currently be around 15 in number, which is much less than the 150 fighters i currently have in total

2) Kind of the opposite of 1), mark to hide card. Half of my Cards are probably maxed Bronze cards i only keep for when i need them to level up another bronze.
I'll never ever use them for fighting, so there's no need to put them into my fighter list.

3) Give us Folders. Similar t 1) and 2), but more customizable. You could have a folder for your Gold, Silver and Bronze teams, for your sigil grinding cards and your maxed out cards for evolving for example.

Feel free to add your own suggestions too, but i think these would be good starting points for making choosing your next team of fighters a smoother and quicker experience.

I believe most of the lag with team select and collections is because it loads all the cards at once and makes a really long horizontal scroll. Maybe it would improve performance on all devices if they divided everything into pages and only load resources as necessary.

I was going to make a seperate topic for this, but I think I'll add it here instead. both FIghters and Moves should have a Sort by Newest function, and said function should be the default instead of alphabetical order.

It may be on account of my ADHD, but even if I go straight from a daily or the relic opening screen to the Collection section, I will easily forget which moves I just gained so I dont know what to keep or what to dispose of. The Newest tabe will eliminate this problem, helping players dispose of moves and fighers that could be cloggy and forgotten.

Reactions: Ryouhi
This is the reason why I only keep 9 bronze and 9 silvers. The pain it causes otherwise is rage inducing :3 :3 :3 To implement it on the other hand... mm I think it will take a lot of work :3 good luck to the team if they manage to figure something out

I know this is an old thread.... but yeah, I would LOVE a "favorites" option! especially for low level fighters I am trying to improve (like new doubles)

I know this is an old thread.... but yeah, I would LOVE a "favorites" option! especially for low level fighters I am trying to improve (like new doubles)
On the list to add eventually!
The collection has been a bit of a problem performance-wise from when i first started playing.
Some things have been done to make it smoother, but it's still loading too many things at once if you have a large collection.
Now that we've got most of our combat performance optimizations out of the way, we've made performance improvements to various UI elements such as the collection and team selection screen for 2.0.
They should hopefully run a lot smoother for you!

If you're still having issues in our next update, please let me know.