• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Is Annie Successful

Hydrangea369

Reaction score
I'm assuming that because your letting Annie be in any relic now the Annie launch event is over, you guys said if Annie was a financial success you could create further characters so I've been meaning to ask, is Annie a financial success, if so when can we hear about the next character, if her financial event is still on going when will it end/ when will we know if she was successful Thanks :3

I'm assuming that because your letting Annie be in any relic now the Annie launch event is over, you guys said if Annie was a financial success you could create further characters so I've been meaning to ask, is Annie a financial success, if so when can we hear about the next character, if her financial event is still on going when will it end/ when will we know if she was successful Thanks :3
I asked a Dev about this in a chat (I want to say it was Bones) but he said she was a huge success!
I agree though, an official celebratory notice should be put out for us players who really care about how the game is doing.

Gave this some thought the other day, and I think we probably won't hear any more plans about future characters until Annie is added into SG2E, since that's technically the other *half* of the plan to implement a new fighter.

I would bet that once that is done and they have a solid plan and workflow for implementing fighters into both, if they do decide to continue making new fighters they might work on multiple at once (SGM team working on a brand new one, and SG2E working on the one recently introduced in SGM), but I'm betting Annie is a standalone project for now while they figure out how much time and money are needed to make one from start to finish.

I think original announcement said she was planned to be added to SG2E in 2021, but that was before all that business with the mass exodus from Lab Zero and the founding of Future Club, so I'm guessing they'll need some extra time to figure things out and get things settled before they can work on implementing Annie in SG2E.

Last edited:
lol the one thing i crave is symmetry. would be swell if there was one more character to fill out that 4x4 profile page

Reactions: 2onions
W
Gave this some thought the other day, and I think we probably won't hear any more plans about future characters until Annie is added into SG2E, since that's technically the other *half* of the plan to implement a new fighter.

I would bet that once that is done and they have a solid plan and workflow for implementing fighters into both, if they do decide to continue making new fighters they might work on multiple at once (SGM team working on a brand new one, and SG2E working on the one recently introduced in SGM), but I'm betting Annie is a standalone project for now while they figure out how much time and money are needed to make one from start to finish.

I think original announcement said she was planned to be added to SG2E in 2021, but that was before all that business with the mass exodus from Lab Zero and the founding of Future Club, so I'm guessing they'll need some extra time to figure things out and get things settled before they can work on implementing Annie in SG2E.
Why wait that long, can't they do a new character while labs works on Annie for sg2E

W

Why wait that long, can't they do a new character while labs works on Annie for sg2E
I think they might be, but part of the problem is that an SG2E character takes much more time and work to make (and almost double the money from what I remember from one of the comparison posts I've seen), and they probably don't want SGM to get too far ahead of SG2E in terms of new characters.

That said, they confirmed Annie was going to be added to SG2E early this year, and the 2021 roadmap is coming later this month, so we'll probably get some more info on potential new characters pretty soon!

I think they might be, but part of the problem is that an SG2E character takes much more time and work to make (and almost double the money from what I remember from one of the comparison posts I've seen), and they probably don't want SGM to get too far ahead of SG2E in terms of new characters.

That said, they confirmed Annie was going to be added to SG2E early this year, and the 2021 roadmap is coming later this month, so we'll probably get some more info on potential new characters pretty soon!
I'd love to see new characters or even new variants! I feel like the few we got from Christmas weren't really much and once you get later game it's not as fun when you don't have fun new variants to collect and try.

As for a new character... well let me just say I think the mobile game is actually a great money maker but IMO they don't advertise it enough. I've never seen one ad for this game and it seems to only spread by chance, word of mouth, or SG2E fans.

More players would mean more money for the game and that can largely go to new characters.

I'd love to see new characters or even new variants! I feel like the few we got from Christmas weren't really much and once you get later game it's not as fun when you don't have fun new variants to collect and try.

As for a new character... well let me just say I think the mobile game is actually a great money maker but IMO they don't advertise it enough. I've never seen one ad for this game and it seems to only spread by chance, word of mouth, or SG2E fans.

More players would mean more money for the game and that can largely go to new characters.
While I do think they should advertise, maybe get a few youtubers or vtubers to play it (vtubers preferably as there viewers are more likely to spend real money and lots) the problem is that I think ads useally get people who won't spend anything and rarely the ones who would, the skullgirls community is a dedicated fanbase so if they get more content then are willing to spend a lot to get it, however I think most of that community already spends money on this game and any other big spenders might not be interested in a niche fighting game, or interested enough to spend cash,

In short , we have most of our whales here and more advertising may not result in any more, and advertising does cost precious money

Reactions: stale cheeto

This is actually right on target! Annie was always pitched as Mobile first, but eventually to be added to 2nd Encore.
She has been very well received on Mobile, but we can't really officially declare her as successful until she does finally appear in 2nd Encore and we see how that does.

SGM and SG2E are both super important to us!

well let me just say I think the mobile game is actually a great money maker but IMO they don't advertise it enough. I've never seen one ad for this game and it seems to only spread by chance, word of mouth, or SG2E fans.
We actually do advertise quite a bit. Honestly I'm not fully sure how the whole advertising landscape works, but I wouldn't be shocked if you personally don't see SGM ads because you already play SGM.

This is actually right on target! Annie was always pitched as Mobile first, but eventually to be added to 2nd Encore.
She has been very well received on Mobile, but we can't really officially declare her as successful until she does finally appear in 2nd Encore and we see how that does.

SGM and SG2E are both super important to us!

As much as I'm glad Annie will be in SG2E, now my physical copies are now incomplete. I know it won't get as bad as SFV with dlc only, but I wanted my console copy of SG2E like my MVC2.

QUOTE="Sairus, post: 48509, member: 5308"]We actually do advertise quite a bit. Honestly I'm not fully sure how the whole advertising landscape works, but I wouldn't be shocked if you personally don't see SGM ads because you already play SGM.[/QUOTE]

Well I still get LoL wildrift ads even though I play the game so we should still be able to see it, maybe you should do a crossover that could be a fun form of advertisement

idk man, that doesn't seem realistic
Really if they have them as costumes it would work, I mean the costumes already reference a bunch of media.

You know what a game they could do a crossover with, Bag it, I heard the Devs of that game where super cool