• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Fights Match time running out now more frequent

fanghoul

Reaction score
There's been a number of changes introduced to the game at the same time, and many of them have the effect of increasing the time that a fight can take. To compensate, I'd suggest either giving us a little more time for the fights, or if it was just possible for us to win if the match timed out and we have more life.

A list of the changes that have made fights take longer:

*AI change: AI is more willing to stand around and block. It also just takes longer to find an opening sometimes to deal some real damage.

*Blockbusters now don't stop the match timer: This isn't a ton of time, but we could expect it to remove 10-15 seconds from an advanced prizefight match at the minimum. Likely it's more than that.

*People encouraged by new defense point system to provide more "annoying" characters, like Armed Forces: Having to wait 10 seconds till unflinching wears off also eats into the match timer, as do character with substantial self or team heal or revives, etc.

None of these things on their own is really an issue, but combined they've increased the number of times that I've timed out during matches that are otherwise completely winnable, which is frustrating. I feel like we should be avoiding certain defensive teams because we think they'll beat us, not purely because they're great at running out the timer on you because of their SA and because they have a bunch of moves that take forever to execute (I'm looking at you Armed Forces)

I can't imagine this is a high priority, but it seems like it would be better balanced if either we had something to compensate for making the game require more thoughtful play, even though I do appreciate the more thoughtful play.

I totally agree with you on this! I mean I want a bunch of changes to make it somewhat easier to not just Time out- but I’d settle for blockbusters to pause the timer again if that’s a quick and easy to program option

The Shining Example prize fight turned out to be a pretty good example of this. Nothing like losing to someone who has 1 HP left, but who endlessly switches between invincible and last stand. The ability to throw out a blockbuster so that the match timer and buff refresh no longer sync up used to be invaluable for getting that crucial second or two of buff downtime to finish the match.