• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Collection Max Prestige and dupes - what’s next?

Dusty00

Reaction score
Currently, Prestige levels cap at lv100 and we knew from the beginning that it’s just a matter of time that players will reach that cap. I for one have most of my collection at lv100 prestige level, even for a good number of natural diamonds. Dupes are starting to clog up my collection again!

For context, this probably does not apply to 95% of the player base and this is for the extreme end-game players - although more people should be closing this gap down the road. It’s a brainstorm of ideas for devs to consider.

So what’s next, HVS? Could this be something that gets on the 2024 roadmap for us loyal and long time players?

With a good rate of 2 new variants a month and it’s harder to chase that one elusive missing variant, one suggestion is to introduce a craft or special summon system like many other games where you can slowly but surely work towards getting that one variant you’ve always wanted. And by “Slowly” I mean something you grind for a year or two so it’s not going to break the balance.

Another thought is to see if there’s a way to tweak the loot table of relics so that once you have prestige level of 100, that variant is excluded from your loot table, or reduced. Or, it starts giving you a currency that lets you eventually make that variant a shiny.

Increasing the cap beyond 100 will only widen the gap between players so I’m not for that.

How about a Transmute system? Throw in 2 to 5 dupes and it randomly generates a new card of the same rarity? At least it’s yet another chance to gamble and get something different?

Maybe a Fame system where you can show off by sacrificing your dupes to increase a number on a leaderboard?

Maybe a guild function where you can donate your dupes to increase someone else’s prestige level?

So what other ideas do you all have for dupes beyond Prestige Ability?

Reactions: evilgordo
Max prestige and dupes; what’s-next?

Funny, I arrived to this 'issue' with only maxing the prestige of 1 variant; Inner Pieces.
I've done 100lv on a diamond and gold, and I've been thinking, what am I gonna do with the next one I get?

At least with prestige at gold and diamond, it was a nice little flex of your 'luck', but once you hit 100lv, what is there do to with dupes? Especially since there's very little (in game) incentive to build maxed dupes of a variant...

I want to say that while there's been a lot of talk about 'dupe-protection', even that has a 'cap'. Once a player has acquired all variants available from all relic types, they will just only have the 'what to do with dupes' problem again. (I'm not saying I'm against having some sort of 'protection' or giving the player some agency towards acquiring a specific variant, but it is only a solution to the frustration of the 'gotta catch'em all' goal).

I'm even having issues with shiny cards, I get most of mine when I already have a max or almost max diamond of that variant...what's the point of having 1/2 off discount now? And what am I gonna do when I get a dupe shiny of a shiny?

Yes, evolution and then prestige were nice stop-gaps to the 'what-to-do-with-dupes-problem', but now that players are getting closer and closer to 'the cap' in both collections and prestige, we're gonna need something else to do with dupes, otherwise the question will be, 'why open relics?'

As for Ideas for what's next?, I'll have to get back to ya on that, but thanks to this thread, it certainly got me thinking about it more.

Reactions: Dusty00