• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Other My review of Skullgirls Mobile

DAVIDTH

Reaction score
After playing Skullgirls Mobile for the past week I have to say, this is one hell of a game! The combat, the music, the fast paced matches, the quick loading screens, and the puns are just amazing!

Now for my review I will be explaining my experience about what I like, what I don’t like, and what I hope to see in the future

What I do like: I think the generosity of the theonite is very great, I feel like I can save them and use them without fear that I’ll be stuck or won’t be able to try out for a new character. The relics are fair, since I’m just starting I don’t expect to get great pulls or all golds, hell I’m struggling with EXP to level up all the Bronze and Silvers I have! So far I’ve opened maybe 40-45 relics (premium) and have about 21 Bronze characters and 6 silvers. I just today (6/1/17) ranked up two Bronze characters to silver and that was really good, the ranking up system is great, mostly because you don’t have to pay an exurb amount of coins or theonite to do it, it’s free. The next thing that I like is the Prize Fights, since there’s not a lot of people playing I can rank high in the bronze and Silver Prize Fights with just 100K-150K points and still get the character and a couple specials and keys. The grinding I feel is fair, the higher you go the harder they get and more points and EXP you receive high risk and high rewards (love it).

What I don’t like: The frame drops, oh the frame drops. For a fighting game frame drops are the worst and I hate them, I play on a Samsung galaxy S7 edge which runs a 7.0 Android and it’s terrible when the frames drops because you can get bodied in one combo and it’s heart breaking. What I also don’t like is how some areas in the game require you to have a certain tier of character or a specific character so you get cut off from progressing because you need to rely on luck and grind up that one character to make them even somewhat able to handle the difficulty you’re on. Also get level specific adjectives, no level 1-15 player should have a daily objective that says “Use a team of 3 golds in story”, it’s a bit unfair to miss out on 15 or 20 theonite because you haven’t placed high enough on the leaderboard or gotten lucky with relics.

What I hope to see in the future: More characters, the ability to add friends and use their highest character to help out with a fight while giving their character EXP and some gold as a thank you for helping. More Coin arenas during the week, the gold grind is hard for a lot of us and would be a nice bonus with how much it takes to level up a gold and silvers skill tree. Have when we want to evolve a character we be able to use theonite for the last missing character so we can evolve them without having to wait for them to come in Prize fights or hope to get lucky in relics to get that one character.

Reactions: Joanie and Osterus
I didn't even think about it, BUT it would be way cool if there was a support character system somewhere--of course, it would have to be in a new mode since the game isn't designed around it, and the developers could spend their resources more wisely refining the systems in place, ironing out new bugs, and adding more story content. But it'd be nifty...

I'm actually a fan of the rarity-requiring story missions. As far as I know, they're not necessary for progressing down the main path of a story map. This is one of the few mobile games where I feel that collecting -itself- functions as a mechanic because of these character and rarity requirements.