• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Nearly departed combo

Pepperlunatic

Reaction score
Well i made a thread about how to do nearly departed combo but it got deleted due to some unfortunate event that occured to my account. The sad part is that I don’t remember everything i wrote in that guide but the good part is that I prepared four combo videos+ one experiment video. So for those people who had hard time understanding what i was saying back then can now understand how nearly departed combo works properly.

Before we jump into the sweet combos, let’s talk about the basic of nearly departed combo. Nearly departed’s sa1 works like this: when you use blockbuster when your combo meter is at odd count, you gain 8 seconds of invincibility. Counting combos may sounds very difficult but if you just remember the following rules you won’t have to really look at the combo count to proc this sa:
1. full ground combo with or without dash attack 1, unless you missed one hit from dash attack, will always end in odd combo.
2. Dash attack hits two times so it will end with even count if Combo count was even and vice versa.
3. Silver cord or launcher will end with odd count if combo count was even and vice versa
4. SBO does 5 hits total.
Now that we know how to make odd count, lets move to what nearly departed is good at and when should you proc your sa. Nearly departed is best used to fight against enemies that can deal damage when hit or die like Dread Locks, Immoral fiber, painwheel with tainted blood, Assasin’s greed. To properly nullify those counter damages, you must proc sa asap and then right after the invincibility expires to continuously block counter damages until the combo is finished. Procing invincibility right after it expires is important because invincibility does not stack so procing sa early means you wasted one opportunity to proc sa.

To sum up, an optimal neqrly departed requires to activate sa as soon as possible at the beginning and proc sa right after invincibility expires to continuously block damage for the rest of the combo.

Now that we get the basics of Nearly departed combo, lets see the fun part: the combos.

1. Optimal combo

I first made this combo video for the community combo contest in attempt to make nearly departed look more appealing to general audience. The reason why i call this optimal is that there is little to no gap in between the invincibilities while dealing most damage as a nearly departed combo.

2. Suboptimal combo

These were the two attempts i did before i made the optimal combo. The reason why these combos are suboptimal is because there is a gap between invincibilities that makes her vulnerable to counter damage and bleed.

3. Grab-Center stage combo

This combo has two strength point compared to those combos above: you proc sa really fast and it does not have to be mear the wall. However, becuase of the nature of center stage, it ill advised to use this nearly wall for it can ruin the combo.

Bonus: experiment on whether sg’s sa works if nearly departed triggers her sa at hte same time.

As you can see Assassin greed’s sa occurs after Nearly Departed’s sa occurs and thus preventing Nearly departed from receiving the damage from sg’s sa.

I hope this guide is helpful in understanding how to use nearly departed and hopefully make people to play her a bit more

This is an AMAZING guide, it's thorough in both explanation and organization. I especially like how you created a combo using center stage a move almost no one uses. I personally am going to learn the optimal and center stage combos. ;)

Reactions: Pepperlunatic
This is an AMAZING guide, it's thorough in both explanation and organization. I especially like how you created a combo using center stage a move almost no one uses. I personally am going to learn the optimal and center stage combos. ;)

Thanks, glad you liked this guide. Here are some tip on using center stage:
1. Center stage fixes the camera which means the edge of the screen acts like the edge of the arena for a short duration which allow you do make enemy bounce off the wall even if they are far from it.
2. Center Stage seria(upgraded version) is necessary if you intend to use it for combo because it freezes screen which equivalent to removing the motion delay of center stage.
3. Center stage consumes one dragon charge so be mindful of that.