• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Characters Nerf Megalomaniac

NeedleFung

Reaction score
Why buffed her so crazy! Especially in rift, with Hex catalyst, she simply invincible. At least remove evasion, or return "lose one armor stack when either fighter using Blockbuster" part back. So annoying!!!

Reactions: anaajuliakk1
Hi, please explain your current tactic when facing her as she there are many counterplay options regarding her, and you might be doing something wrong!

Hi, please explain your current tactic when facing her as she there are many counterplay options regarding her, and you might be doing something wrong!
If you know many counterplay options, can you list them? And I don't know anything besides hex, curse, immunity, which are the solutions for anything. But are there many fighters access to those buff or debuff? Tag her in to defeat first? Nah, how can you beat her, especially in rift or high streak? So lame!

You already name some solutions which is good to see! Like you mentioned, hex, curse or immunity are very general counters to many fighters and that includes megalomaniac, so you dont need to bring anything special for her specifically. This is probably what seperates a good defender from a bad one: good defenders like unholy host don't get redundant by simply bringing an immunity or curse unit!

I would indeed just tag her in first. Since she doesn't do any damage anymore, bringing an immunity taunt with characters like squigly and parasoul is also really safe, if you forgot a tag out. Her evasions are not random so you can safely trigger them by e.g. launcher her just before her health threshold and dealing damage while she is airborne, not allowing for a punishing hit.

At the end of the day, she gets countered by a single move (tag out), so make your games easier and bring it with you!

Deadeye is also really handy if you don't like dealing with evasions, and using a single blockbuster against her will make her unable to use her second ability!

If you want some videos of fighting her, I suggest asking on the official discord.

Hope you will have more success fighting her in the future!

Reactions: NeedleFung
You already name some solutions which is good to see! Like you mentioned, hex, curse or immunity are very general counters to many fighters and that includes megalomaniac, so you dont need to bring anything special for her specifically. This is probably what seperates a good defender from a bad one: good defenders like unholy host don't get redundant by simply bringing an immunity or curse unit!

I would indeed just tag her in first. Since she doesn't do any damage anymore, bringing an immunity taunt with characters like squigly and parasoul is also really safe, if you forgot a tag out. Her evasions are not random so you can safely trigger them by e.g. launcher her just before her health threshold and dealing damage while she is airborne, not allowing for a punishing hit.

At the end of the day, she gets countered by a single move (tag out), so make your games easier and bring it with you!

Deadeye is also really handy if you don't like dealing with evasions, and using a single blockbuster against her will make her unable to use her second ability!

If you want some videos of fighting her, I suggest asking on the official discord.

Hope you will have more success fighting her in the future!
In fact, we can regard her as the most annoying defender currently. Although there are theoretically some visible methods to take care of her, it is still extremely exhausting and hopeless to shut her down, like in one defender team, there is not only her as the problem, still 2 left!!! In my perspective, she needs nerfs, for balance like unholy host. Anyway, thanks for your tips and time to reply this post.

Reactions: Stone