• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

New idea!! LEND a variant!

Erick Draves

Reaction score
I know sharing variants between players is totally of the map... because it´s the sacred base of this game, but, what about an option where you can borrow a variant your friends have? Not any variant, just the one hey have as a profile, and only for training mode!

That way, if they what to share a moveset, or wanna try a variant, you just switch your avatar, and your friend can try your...

ok ok ok devs... I didn´t said anything... See? Now this Idea it´s gone <3

(But it wasn´t a half bad ideaaa....)

Last edited:
I know sharing variants between players is totally of the map... because it´s the sacred base of this game

If trading was a thing since day one, it would be different thing. Since it wasn't, it would just bring unbalance to the game. It also takes the joy of collecting fighters, since you would just trade dupes, or variants you don't want for one that you wish for.

what about an option where you can borrow a variant your friends have? Not any variant, just the one hey have as a profile, and only for training mode!

That way, if they whan to share a moveset, or wanna try a variant, you just switch your avatar, and your friend can try your...

As for what you mentioned, you reminded me of a Ninja Must Die 3 where you could "borrow" a fighter from you mentor (real players) for story mode (you had to die while doing a mission, but its very different game from SGM, so wouldn't work without some tweaks). I like the idea, and I think it could actually work, even be good, but not broken.

One thing that I find annoying are challenges. I have to go back to invest in certain fighters I don't want to just be able to finish all challenges and get a single diamond relic, which could be ANY diamond, a dupe, a bad diamond, whatever. (I finished more than 1000 challenges for the rewards, the rest are not worth doing since it's more expensive to invest for little gain...)
So, here is where "borrowing" kicks in. You borrow a variant you need for challenge from one of your friends (See? New purpose for friends.) to finish a challenge.
You unlock this feature once you finish story mode and unlock challenges, and to make it balanced, you can borrow ANY fighter from your friends and do 5 fights per day.

Might need some more tweaks, I guess, but I think the idea has potential.

I know sharing variants between players is totally of the map... because it´s the sacred base of this game, but, what about an option where you can borrow a variant your friends have? Not any variant, just the one hey have as a profile, and only for training mode!

That way, if they whan to share a moveset, or wanna try a variant, you just switch your avatar, and your friend can try your...

ok ok ok devs... I didn´t said anything... See? Now this Idea it´s gone <3

(But it wasn´t a half bad ideaaa....)
Interesting idea. I think the 'try before you buy' approach has merit since you're limited to practice mode, where nothing is earned (XP/rewards) from using the fighter. Seems this could be a mod to the "Duel" option (or even PVPFFA), with the option to control other player's character/team. Could be fun.

Last edited:
If trading was a thing since day one, it would be different thing. Since it wasn't, it would just bring unbalance to the game. It also takes the joy of collecting fighters, since you would just trade dupes, or variants you don't want for one that you wish for.
That´s why I said the "only for training mode" thing 😅 . There´s been a long talk about why the SGM game can´t interchange/gift characters for being a gatcha game whitout being a bad thing, but sometimes I talk with my friend about critical damage and that he should try it sometimes. But then I thougt... what about if he doesn´t invest in a critical set just to see that it´s a waste of canopy coins (for him), and instead he could play with my Djinn Frizz just to try her critical potencial?

I know that using the variants outside training mode could be really.... unbalanced for some players and the game itself. Imagine you are a level 10 with your chars ready to level up in Holodesk hazards being carried with a fully developed level 60 diamond... That´s one way of abuse I can say.

Maaaaybe if you could do just 1 fight...

...but come on, we know us and we know we will find the way to exploid it XD (the 1 free fight ticket XD)

Last edited: