• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

OFFICIAL - 6.2.1 Update Notes - Prize Fight Pity System

I've been noticing these, too. The new variants have a lot of love. Not animations, particularly, but the Barbie Parasoul's transformation, Spiderman Painwheel's BB transformation, Shrek Beowulf's Onion/Tomato splatter, and the special light on tag-in and match start from the Mercy Valentine come to mind.
It’s be nice to actually be able to pull these Diamonds…

I like to suggest a pity timer for the 10,000 Theonite Diamond Relics… nothing sucks more than grinding 150m and spending all that theonite to get 2 duped diamonds that I already have PA lv100 and 4 extra copies….

I sacrificed over 100 gold variants last night just to make room because I already maxed PA for all of them at diamond lv60… we really need a new use for dupes other than Prestige ability!

Want to start off saying that (most of) the new variants look really fun to play as and a challenge to fight against where intended, so that's a big plus.

But like others have already commented, The lack of new content and the implicit promises broken (coming soon roadmap) is a bit of a bummer. Especially when this game is known for having updates every 3 months usually. Hope to see the rest of the "coming soon" features (3/4) sooner than this time-frame.

Reactions: Liqidation
I think we all need a gentle reminder of what the roadmap 'said' (emphasis mine):

2024 ROADMAP

We’re going to be following a Roadmap structure similar to what we did last year:

• COMING SOON means something you can expect to see in our next 1-2 updates.
  • IN DEVELOPMENT means something we’re targeting for 2024.
  • IN CONCEPT means things we are in the process of exploring, which could make an appearance sooner, but likely won’t see the light of day until 2025.

NOTE: Obviously if we listed EVERYTHING we’re talking about/considering, this list would be 100+ items long - this is simply meant to reflect some of the things near the top of the pile.

I mean, was this an epic update? Not compared to previous updates (I mean, what can really compete with a new character or new mode). But, it did implement the first 2 bullet points (out of 4) of the 'coming soon' roadmap. Granted, BP content is kind of a no-brainer, but they did preview 3 months worth of new fighters (and fully functioning in-game too!)

At this point in SGM 'life cycle', incremental 'new' content is key. The Devs obviously have a 3-month 'major' update schedule, so they have to release something 'new' in each quarter. I feel that the Devs have a plan to deliver 'something' every update and trying to avoid another 'guilds' situation from years ago...that means not every 'major' update is gonna be epic, but should have something 'new'.

And Devs have been very transparent, which they do not have to do (but kinda do since they've set that precedent themselves early on) and one of the big 'issues' that they have mentioned with any new content is that the player base 'consumes' it faster than they can produce it. If they give us a 'feast' of an update, there's a chance we'll be starving for longer before the next one. Rationing content benefits everyone. But I get it, having content delivered 'piece-meal' is frustrating, but good things come to those who wait...

(also, I don't think players realize that the Devs also work on smaller, 'fun' surprises too. Like the new 'FX' for some of the recent batch of fighters, not a small feat IMHO and one that enriches the player experience).

Few concerns:

1) Seeing as the new fighter releases heavily prioritize golds and diamonds every month, does this mean that silvers will basically never release unless a new character comes out?

2) It would’ve been nice if the expiration of the Wishful Premiere Relics in-game reflected the actual expiration of them. (In-Game expiration showed about a week longer for their stay vs. the immediate 6.2 expiration that this update caused.) I wanted to save up til the very last moment then see what stuff I could pull from both relics, now I can’t because in-game timers aren’t reliable :/

3) Don’t you think it’s a bit…much to have such a detached period of time between variant release and when you can get exclusive backstage/event variants in relics AND THEN release them as a premium for another 3 months? It was already kind of weird that Marie’s relics and variants were 2x the price for two updates long (with it usually being 1 update long), now this?

4. If AE is going to cost a daily ticket, could it at least be worth the effort/changed and tuned up? (Or hopefully stop making AE cost a ticket, as time progresses it may potentially be thrown to the wayside because of how many dailies are starting stack on a day.)

5. Are certain bugged fighters ever gonna get fixed? Shadow Puppet’s Freeze SA has flashed twice for YEARS and, while it makes her a lot easier to deal with, it’d be cool if she… worked as intended.

6. Why exactly did PF scores stop being posted and when is a “later date” ??? The PF hasn’t been posted since the end of last year…

ᵃˡˢᵒ ˢᵐᵃˡˡ ᵖᵉᵗⁱᵗⁱᵒⁿ ᵗᵒ ᵇᵘᶠᶠ ⁱⁿⁿᵉʳ ᵖⁱᵉᶜᵉˢ ˢᵃ ᶠʳᵒᵐ ʷⁱⁿᵈ ᶠⁱᵍʰᵗᵉʳˢ ᵗᵒ ᵍⁱᵛᵉ ᵐⁱᵃˢᵐᵃ ⁱⁿˢᵗᵉᵃᵈ ᵒᶠ ʳᵉᵍᵉⁿ
Like, RIGHT?! I had 15 saved up so I could open them at the end of this week and be able to see what Marie's I get and level them up. But now that they prematurely cut that short, I'm so upset. All they had to do was convert the leftovers when the current monthly event ends. I was looking forward to opening up all those relics!!! 😡😡

Reactions: Goofball
It's funny comparing last year update to this one because in a single update we got Marie and her full kit including a new debuff , new stage ,new catalyst , new prize fight.with a 11 variants of her . Also we got the 6 new variants for that major update . Also we got a big collection improvement. Back stage pass quality of life improvement .a huge improvement for parallel of realms and I didn't forget the exclusive avatars 😉

Reactions: TyrantrumFan
I saw someone post a negative review on the Google Play Store about the update and they said "Aww, sorry you're not having fun. We accept good and bad reviews." So, cool, just a whatever response

Не могу отправить подарки и получить их обратно
вкладка друзья не работает
магазин зависает

Where’s fighter balance adjustments…? In 2024 preview, it will “coming soon”. It's great that the prize fight updates came so quickly, but I’m a bit disappointed because I was also really looking forward to the balance adjustments…
ME TOO 😭😭

It has been almost 9 days - where are hotfix and App Gallery update? Why aren't there any posts about these 2 issues on your social media?

I can't agree with people wanting the entire 2024 Roadmap being instantly completed for 6.2. However, my only disappointment would be in the crazy gift bug. Feels like it has gotten worse. Previously opening the friends list would cause a freeze and then remedied by quitting and restarting. Now no matter what I do, it always freezes. Thus I haven't sent gifts to friends in days. I'm slowly drowning in gold gifts that I can't deliver. 🩷💛

Speaking of too much of a good thing, relic hoarders guide for those waiting for monthly fighters:

PatchFightersGeneral Pop. ReleaseJail Time
5.4July 2023
Blue Streak Filia
Red Rider Black Dahlia

August 2023
Starlight Rose Annie
Psykid Umbrella

September 2023
Altar Ego Double
Final Fang Valentine
Patch 6.2, April 20249 months (July), 8 months (August), 7 months (September)
6.0October 2023
Foot Soldier Ms. Fortune
Scare Giver Cerebella

November 2023
Bombshell Parasoul
Primal Prodigy Peacock

December 2023
Web Crawler Painwheel
Demon Artist Squigly
Expected for 6.3, July 20249 months (October), 8 months (November), 7 months (December)
6.1January 2024
Apex Complex Fukua
Cosmic Rebel Annie

February 2024
Seraph Soldier Valentine
Indomitable Parasoul

March 2024
Ogre Achiever Beowulf
Buffer Zone Robo-Fortune
Expected for 6.4, October 2024Max 9 months, min 7 months
6.2April 2024
Deal Breaker Peacock
Curl Scout Filia

May 2024
Brass Bandit Big Band
Grin Reaper Marie

June 2024
Hex Caliber Black Dahlia
Noble Mogul Eliza
Expected for 6.5, January 2025Max 9 months, min 7 months
A nine months wait for the patch vanguard! The wait compounds if the character picks up a new fighter along the way. Hoarders should feel free to open all Double and Umbrella relics.

💎🥇 Both diamond + gold: Annie, Black Dahlia, Filia, Parasoul, Peacock, Valentine
💎 Diamond only: Beowulf, Big Band, Double, Fukua, Ms. Fortune, Painwheel
🥇 Gold only: Cerebella, Eliza, Marie, Robo-Fortune, Squigly, Umbrella

One can expect future monthly fighters for July-December 2024 being those on the gold list getting a diamond and the inverse for those on the diamond list. Or, some characters could double-dip (I won't say no to another diamond Filia).

I can't agree with people wanting the entire 2024 Roadmap being instantly completed for 6.2. However, my only disappointment would be in the crazy gift bug. Feels like it has gotten worse. Previously opening the friends list would cause a freeze and then remedied by quitting and restarting. Now no matter what I do, it always freezes. Thus I haven't sent gifts to friends in days. I'm slowly drowning in gold gifts that I can't deliver. 🩷💛

Speaking of too much of a good thing, relic hoarders guide for those waiting for monthly fighters:

PatchFightersGeneral Pop. ReleaseJail Time
5.4July 2023
Blue Streak Filia
Red Rider Black Dahlia

August 2023
Starlight Rose Annie
Psykid Umbrella

September 2023
Altar Ego Double
Final Fang Valentine
Patch 6.2, April 20249 months (July), 8 months (August), 7 months (September)
6.0October 2023
Foot Soldier Ms. Fortune
Scare Giver Cerebella

November 2023
Bombshell Parasoul
Primal Prodigy Peacock

December 2023
Web Crawler Painwheel
Demon Artist Squigly
Expected for 6.3, July 20249 months (October), 8 months (November), 7 months (December)
6.1January 2024
Apex Complex Fukua
Cosmic Rebel Annie

February 2024
Seraph Soldier Valentine
Indomitable Parasoul

March 2024
Ogre Achiever Beowulf
Buffer Zone Robo-Fortune
Expected for 6.4, October 2024Max 9 months, min 7 months
6.2April 2024
Deal Breaker Peacock
Curl Scout Filia

May 2024
Brass Bandit Big Band
Grin Reaper Marie

June 2024
Hex Caliber Black Dahlia
Noble Mogul Eliza
Expected for 6.5, January 2025Max 9 months, min 7 months
A nine months wait for the patch vanguard! The wait compounds if the character picks up a new fighter along the way. Hoarders should feel free to open all Double and Umbrella relics.

💎🥇 Both diamond + gold: Annie, Black Dahlia, Filia, Parasoul, Peacock, Valentine
💎 Diamond only: Beowulf, Big Band, Double, Fukua, Ms. Fortune, Painwheel
🥇 Gold only: Cerebella, Eliza, Marie, Robo-Fortune, Squigly, Umbrella

One can expect future monthly fighters for July-December 2024 being those on the gold list getting a diamond and the inverse for those on the diamond list. Or, some characters could double-dip (I won't say no to another diamond Filia).
You can 100% expect game's freezing in social centre's friends menu, if the online/offline status of your friends doesn't appear at all (empty line instead of -line status)

Reactions: evilgordo
You can 100% expect game's freezing in social centre's friends menu, if the online/offline status of your friends doesn't appear at all (empty line instead of -line status)
I can confirm. If you don't see the friends' online status, the game will freeze. And some times it will take more than one shutdown of the game to 'fix' it.

I can confirm. If you don't see the friends' online status, the game will freeze. And some times it will take more than one shutdown of the game to 'fix' it.
Moreover, i and my friends tried new method to fix the issue, which works in 80% of cases - when game freezes, just turn off your internet or switch its type of connection from mobile to wi-fi and vice versa for 10-30 seconds.

• Wow
Reactions: BallotBoxer
You're right, it seems only after a couple restarts when I'm NOT on Wi-Fi can I even attempt to send gifts. I wonder what's up. Doesn't seem like a coding error, more like fickle server service (in my opinion, as someone completely ignorant on how this stuff might work). For some reason the friends list doesn't like the stability of Wi-Fi.

EDIT: The above sometimes works. Often not. I guess we're all trapped in an avalanche of un-sendable gold gifts until patch 6.2.1

Also, don't forget to fill out your surveys. I'd like to see the results from the questions angled at palette inspiration. I want videogame, TV, and movie recommendations too! 😆

Last edited:
I'd like to see the results from the questions angled at palette inspiration.
That seems to be a common set of questions on the survey lately and it is quite transparent as to what the purpose is.

IMHO, IP inspired palettes is nothing new for SG, they've been doing it since it's debut (in fact some of the crowd funders got to make some of them).

My reply is that while they are neat easter-eggs, they are not the main reason I play 2E/SGM and I'm fine with whatever palettes the DEVs LIKE; if an IP I like is represented, fine, if not, it don't make a difference, I play (and recommend) the game just the same. (However, I do enjoy and want more 'deep cut' references to other fighting/platform retro games like they did with Battle Toads = Toad Warrior)

You're right, it seems only after a couple restarts when I'm NOT on Wi-Fi can I even attempt to send gifts. I wonder what's up. Doesn't seem like a coding error, more like fickle server service (in my opinion, as someone completely ignorant on how this stuff might work). For some reason the friends list doesn't like the stability of Wi-Fi.

EDIT: The above sometimes works. Often not. I guess we're all trapped in an avalanche of un-sendable gold gifts until patch 6.2.1

Also, don't forget to fill out your surveys. I'd like to see the results from the questions angled at palette inspiration. I want videogame, TV, and movie recommendations too! 😆
I hate Skullgirls, this is a joke the correction comes at the end of PF
Unable to complete PF due to freezing. 😡😡🤬🤬

Hey everyone, we just released a small update that fixed some issues introduced in 6.2. Here's the full details.

Update 16/4/2024 (6.2.1) :

• Fixed an issue where the game could freeze or slow down on the Social Hub.
  • If you purchased the Crown Jewels (Theonite) or Medici Kickback (Canopy Coins) Daily Passes it was possible for your current Theonite or Canopy Coin totals to display incorrect amounts. This has been fixed.
  • Fixed an issue where Parallel Realms or Prize Fights could freeze during combat or loading into fights.
  • Fixed an issue where some Fighters could have their sprites appear visually corrupted or glitchy.
  • Fixed an issue where Big Band - Brass Bandit had the wrong values for his 2nd Signature Ability.
  • Fixed an issue where the Daily Event Relic Pass was not available to purchase again after completing the Pass.
  • Fixed an issue where it was possible to claim the rewards on the Backstage Pass multiple times. Naughty naughty!
  • Fixed an issue where some mail was using placeholder text.
HUAWEI RELEASE

After a bit of a delay, the latest updates are now available on the Huawei App Gallery. However, please note that due to some technical issues, we have had to disable all purchase offers from Huawei releases.

It is strongly recommended that if you are a Huawei user you should download the game from the Google Play Store if possible to ensure you have access to all features in the game.

If you're still having any of the issues above after installing the update, please leave us a message on the Known Bugs and Issues section of the forum:

Last edited: