• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

OFFICIAL: Robo Fortune Release and Possible New Characters

Since new characters are in the scope, will you also make DLC for the base game?

Reactions: Diony
We couldn't have Annie on the original game.
Thank u for give us a second chance
I love you guys!

Reactions: Diony and Ryouhi
i live in a third world country but i will give a few dollars (many pesos) to get some more characters!!!!!

Reactions: Irghen
I think it's better to wait longer so at least you can be albe to win her moves in her daily event, the only problem it's that they will be impossible to be 100% completed without a Robo Fortune, maybe the two specific fights should be accessible to every fighter or at least Ms Fortune.
Anyway I've see a lot of people that are already collecting relics just to open them when Robo Fortune will be avaiable, i bet that it's useless and it will be like when natural diamonds fighters were released, relics obtained before 3.2 shouldn't give any chance to get her.

Nobody can know but HVS, but I think we're safe. Programming mail before a certain date to not give the same rewards as mail from another date is much easier (and possibly was a side effect of how getting shards works honestly) than getting specific relics to have different odds than other relics, especially when they're able to stack. Besides, newer players are making an opportunity cost of waiting to get something potentially beneficial, and late game players can easily just wait to spend their coins/theo on relics. And people hording diamond shards are guaranteeing more progress at a diamond, which is guaranteed benefits. This is just playing the odds for something new, not necessarily good.

I can't say I blame you for the skepticism, and I'm not going to say I know for sure, cause I don't, but I think any stored relics should be fine, as long as they aren't opened until she's out.

(Reminder that relics purchased with Theo will be opened the moment you buy them though, those you should hold off buying until she's here)

Anyway I've see a lot of people that are already collecting relics just to open them when Robo Fortune will be avaiable, i bet that it's useless and it will be like when natural diamonds fighters were released, relics obtained before 3.2 shouldn't give any chance to get her.
I have simply been saving my theonite for Robo’s release and have not been saving actual relics

Panzerfaust please <3
Also waiting for improvements and thx for robomf

It's always welcomed when devs are transparent with their playerbase, so good on you for doing that. If I had a credit/debit card to use, I would gladly invest some money into this game to support you guys.

That being said, the brand new character I want the most is definitely Dahlia. Not because I wanna play as her, but because I wanna get the satisfaction of BEATING HER FACE IN.

(alsoifyoucouldaddmorechapterstothemainstory(nottheoriginstories)thatwouldbereallycoolandnicealrightkthxbye)

Who wouldn't want to beat Squigly's murderer's face in?

Black Dahlia is a good pick, but I wonder if it comes to a vote, maybe it might follow past trends. In case any one wasn't around 6 years ago, the SG community voted for DLC characters that eventually became Eliza and Beowulf.

For the Eliza vote, the three rounds of contenders condensed like so:
TOP 16
  1. Aeon
  2. Annie
  3. B. Dahlia
  4. Beowulf
  5. Brain Drain
  6. Eliza
  7. Feng
  8. Isaac
  9. Marie
  10. Minette
  11. Molly
  12. Panzerfaust
  13. Scythana
  14. Stanley
  15. Umbrella
  16. Venus
TOP 8
  1. Aeon
  2. Annie
  3. Beowulf
  4. Eliza
  5. Isaac
  6. Minette
  7. Panzerfaust
  8. Stanley
TOP 4
  1. Aeon
  2. Annie
  3. Eliza
  4. Minette

The voting for the 4th DLC character was handled in a different method, an accelerated runoff election. Voters sorted the 30 potential candidates in a descending list of favorability. The higher the list, the "heavier" the vote when weighed with importance. Every three days, the runoff rounds would tighten the spotlight to the winner.

TOP 10
  1. Aeon
  2. Annie
  3. Beowulf
  4. B. Dahlia
  5. Feng
  6. Isaac
  7. Minette
  8. Panzerfaust
  9. Stanley
  10. Venus
As you can see, Annie, Aeon, and Minette were always in the finals of both DLC elections.

This quote from an old Shoryuken article shows Lab Zero's original intentions:
every character that LabZero CEO Peter Barthalow said the team was planning to make anyway (Umbrella, Marie, Annie, and Black Dahlia) has also made the cut

The stars continue to align for Annie, as she will be animated when she appears later this year in Indivisible as a guest character representing Skullgirls.

In short: choice and free will is an illusion, prepare for incoming Annie

The inclusion of a single fighter costed around 200.000 $.
I wonder how much this is bout to cost.

The inclusion of a single fighter costed around 200.000 $.
I wonder how much this is bout to cost.
i think it was 250k actually.

If they limited animation to only those needed for sgm instead of possibly animating them for the original game too (or a sequel for that matter), it may be cheaper as a lot of animations would not be needed, or could be added as needed later on in the form of additional special moves or Blockbusters.
I'm not sure if it's included in the 250k number, but the DLC characters also came with new musical themes by Michiru Yamane and new stages, which could be skipped to make it cheaper?

I'm not sure if it's included in the 250k number, but the DLC characters also came with new musical themes by Michiru Yamane and new stages, which could be skipped to make it cheaper?

The music is one of the best aspects of this game! You take that back sir - absolutely no skipping of new jazzy tunes!!

Reactions: Kassem Shour
i think it was 250k actually.

If they limited animation to only those needed for sgm instead of possibly animating them for the original game too (or a sequel for that matter), it may be cheaper as a lot of animations would not be needed, or could be added as needed later on in the form of additional special moves or Blockbusters.
Indeed 250.000 actually.