1. [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy
    Dismiss Notice

OFFICIAL: Upcoming Robo Fortune Release Details

Discussion in 'Official News & Announcements' started by MightyZug, Mar 7, 2019.

1. Mortaven

Mortaven New Member

Indeed, Indeedz, the decision on who to make the first new character is very intriguing! Is it already decided? Will it be a method of voting?

Veerry excited and curious.

2. nesteaisnasty

nesteaisnasty New Member

For many years people have been pleading devs to add Annie to the og Skullgirls and I guess nothing has changed really. A lot of fans still support her as the next character to be added in the game and I agree. I mean her mother was a Skullgirl, she's forever a child and a lot of people love her (including Peacock and Parasoul) so even interactions between characters are worth watching. Moreover her parasite Sagan and her sword are a great base for many creative moves! I feel like she's a perfect fit.

But also I'm pretty sure that we've been promised a boss node with Marie so I doubt she becomes a separate character... Also Umbrella could be a good choice but her gameplay would clearly be similar to Parasoul's so that's not really exciting. Tho my personal favourite is Black Dahlia! I love her design and she's really underrated.

Kassem Shour and Diony like this.
  3. Mortaven

Mortaven New Member

On the character concept page, they have ideas for how each character's gameplay would be realized. Definitely sounds like they have a unique idea for Umbrella, totally different from Parasoul's play style.

4. nesteaisnasty

nesteaisnasty New Member

Well not that surprising! Devs are incredibly creative so maybe even Umbrella would have something brand new. Where can I see the concept page itself?

5. Mortaven

Mortaven New Member

First page in the thread, the link for "Brand New Characters" (I'd link it here if I could)

Sounds like, for the original game at least, she had a passively-increasing burst power that could be used regularly for small bursts or saved for bigger bursts. Seems like maybe something between mobile's Beowulf and Squigly's mechanics, with a unique building meter that could activate for extra effects. Though in this case, perhaps different, bigger effects based on the meter's stacks?

6. Pepperlunatic

Pepperlunatic Member

From what I remember, Umbrelia's playsttyle was originally intend to be similar to Order Sol, May from Guility Gear Series, Wario, Roll and Shuma Gorath from Marvel v Capcom. I assume it could have been like low jump height and wide strong attack with slow recovery after the attack.
    Just to hype things up, here is a concept art of Umberlla's move
    [​IMG]

7. nesteaisnasty

nesteaisnasty New Member

Found a few examples and honestly I'M LIVING FOR IT! Now I kinda want to see Umbrella too! Umbrella_Concept_2.jpg Umbrella_Concept_1.jpg

8. Synfull

Synfull New Member

I think the changes to relic pulls regarding robo-f are quite fair tbh! And also oh boy I am HYPED for the new characters!(especially D. Violet and Annie)

Honestly maybe y'all could hold a poll or something to see which characters are most popular and to give y'all a direction regarding creating these new characters and their content. There are flaws with that but just a suggestion haha.

9. cappatacus

cappatacus Active Member

Screenshot_2019-03-21-14-07-19.png
    Notice anything different?

Hyype

Kassem Shour, Synfull and Inked like this.
  10. Pepperlunatic

Pepperlunatic Member

Well don’t want to disappoint you but you are sort of late about that thing. :(

TonyPartridge30 likes this.
  11. cappatacus

cappatacus Active Member

Is it? I haven't seen it yet. It just got me excited all over again for RF's launch.

12. Pepperlunatic

Pepperlunatic Member

https://forum.skullgirlsmobile.
    com/threads/robo-fortune-symbol-appears-when-filtering.5455/

had to space out cuz dot com is a banned word

13. Kassem Shour

Kassem Shour Member

Hey I just realized something, we still don't know when Robo-Fortune's daily event will be. Almost every day has 2 challenges, except for Tuesday and Thursday, they still have only 1. So it's possible that Robo will be on one of those days. Also, what shall the name be, I was thinking something like 'Techno Tuesday' or 'Mecha Thursday'. What do the rest of you think?

#53 Kassem Shour, Mar 22, 2019 at 3:59 AM
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2019 at 2:39 AM
    AnimeAccel13 likes this.
  14. cappatacus

cappatacus Active Member

I'm not sure about names, but I figured it would share a day with Painwheel rather than Big Band because PW and RF were made in the same lab

BallotBoxer likes this.