• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Peacock's origin master difficult has one fight that is frustrating and should be changed.

VictuTheNewb

Reaction score
Screenshot_2019-10-30-21-00-31.png As the title says, I'm just posting my opinion on this one fight in the story mode and how I would fix it. Winning it is not based to stats, skill or strategy: it's straight up RNG, feels awful to fight against and is not doable without luck or a max HP gold/diamond Peacock.

Often people say things like "taunt or outtake them", but it simply does not do the player any good, because if you outtake the first Filia, the second one has a chance of receiving a layer of thorns, so you are just giving meter to the variant able to deal the most damage on you; also, if you are unlucky enough, you will receive heavy bleed from the first Filia's SA when your outtake hits her, that's if you are able to connect it at all, thus rendering your taunt useless.
"Try bursting or using the whole idea" it is no use, since the AI knows too damn well how to wait blocking for you to get back on the surface, and Peacock's burst does not apply anny effect the player can make use of.
"Maybe use the silver fire variant" I tried that. Even when you are lucky enough to apply hex or bleed with your SA, they don't last long enough for you to take advantage of them properly.
"Just get good" I was able to finish the first damned Filia without getting hit once. Djin Frizz received unflinching and enrage in the middle of my combo, bursted out and killed me with a BB3, so skill was just useless against her.

All the other master difficulties are doable with not more than 5 or 6 gold characters, but this one is not. Neither Untouchable, That's All or Ultraviolent have an SA suited for this one battle in particular. Not a single Peacock outside of the diamond tier is able to heal herself, and if there is one thing I can say is that I tried hard: this level alone made me spend 340 teonites on energy out of frustration.
This level is unbalaced, extremely situational and not rewarding, and could be fixed by swapping one of the Filias or both, since Idol Threat, Windswept and Parasite Weave have SAs the player can make sure they don't activate, while these two will always activate their SAs no matter what the player does. If removing characters is not an option, at least make it a double peacock fight, so Sketch can make sure the player does not get all of the extra damage the players takes when attacking. If Sketch is not something you would like to add, make it another character like Miss Fortune, who is not able to heal her teammates.

Weird, I think you should explore different playstyles and approaches for this node.
I did it with an underleveled Untouchable and while it took me a couple attempts, it wasn't that bad.
The difficult part about this node was not much about rng, (it's there, yeah, but it doesn't affect that much) the real challenge for me was to figure out a proper strategy to beat it.

It's not a "git gud" situation where you'll win by just blocking and spamming juggles unlike all the other game modes. This time you have to explore different actions and commands while keeping in mind the fight modifiers that are in play.

Maybe use more grabs, try to intercept, equip different moves, try getting bonus stats for hp or defense and think for the best action for each situation instead of just doing the usual L5, Juggle combo.

I'd say it's pretty doable with a 9k FS Peacock, if you know what you're doing.
I understand you might be struggling with it and it's all good, I'm just saying that you should try exploring more options and strats.

Weird, I think you should explore different playstyles and approaches for this node.
I did it with an underleveled Untouchable and while it took me a couple attempts, it wasn't that bad.
The difficult part about this node was not much about rng, (it's there, yeah, but it doesn't affect that much) the real challenge for me was to figure out a proper strategy to beat it.

It's not a "git gud" situation where you'll win by just blocking and spamming juggles unlike all the other game modes. This time you have to explore different actions and commands while keeping in mind the fight modifiers that are in play.

Maybe use more grabs, try to intercept, equip different moves, try getting bonus stats for hp or defense and think for the best action for each situation instead of just doing the usual L5, Juggle combo.

I'd say it's pretty doable with a 9k FS Peacock, if you know what you're doing.
I understand you might be struggling with it and it's all good, I'm just saying that you should try exploring more options and strats.
I appreciate your input, thanks for taking your time to reply. I will try again with other variants.

Reactions: TesChingando
I appreciate your input, thanks for taking your time to reply. I will try again with other variants.
No problem fam, happy to help. Make sure to pay attention to what exactly is making you lose and think of something that you could do different in order to solve that.

And ofc, it doesn't matter if you can't beat it one day, the node won't go anywhere so you can always relax and try again later.
Best of luck, have fun!

Reactions: VictuTheNewb