• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Story Please make story playthrough like Encore

Hall☆weenQueen

Reaction score
I understand to do this will probably be a massive project, but wouldn't the story be way more amazing if it was partially video and animation like how it is in Encore? I truly hope the developers will consider this because it really brought the game home and was the best part (in my opinion). Thank you!!

Budget and time. Lab zero is currently busy with indivisible. Plus to my knowledge encore isn't animated, simply has voice story.

third reason is they're probably already pushing what can be processed (entire game is 2d animated that's already massive for a phone.) having animated cutscenes would just create unneeded space.

Big Band and Valentine's origin stories seem to be stepping up how visually interesting the story modes are,with special art pieces being added to show off big events. Hopefully that will be a trend that continues in future.

The end of the current core storyline where a big character makes a surprise appearace at the end is... kind of underwhelming and could have benefitted from one piece of fullscreen art methinks.