• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Prize Fights – Dame of Thrones

moisterrific

Reaction score
This will be the first prize fight where players who scored 0 won't be in the ranking equation. In a few hours from now the event will close and we'll find out how well we did.

PRIZE FIGHTS
  • REMOVED 0 POINT SCORERS FROM PERCENTILE CALCULATIONS
    • Players who scored 0 in a Prize Fight were not getting rewards, but WERE being included in the percentile rankings for rewards - this has been fixed

What were your final scores in each one?

What did you think of the difficulty?

And finally, what rank did you place in? (after the event ends and we get notified via in-game mail)

So yeah, it's pretty safe to say I'll probably get my 3rd Primed Parasoul.

As for the difficulty, I understand their intentions of adding blockbusters to the highest level AI to increase difficulty, but through my experience, it's actually made fights a lot easier. The reason being that fights at the highest level are pretty quick. It only takes one combo to put a character away, so more often than not, the AI doesn't even have the opportunity to even use a single blockbuster. The AI may have 4 blockbusters and 1 special, but they might as well have only 1 special because those blockbusters are just taking up move slots. The times the AI does survive long enough to fill a blockbuster, it's usually just an easily avoidable/punishable BB1 or BB2. Despite being the highest level AI, they mostly use bronze and silver Blockbusters for some reason. I don't think I've had an AI live long enough to fill up a BB3 though. In my opinion, it's more challenging to deal with 5 lesser immediate threats (specials) than it is to deal with a major threat that never comes (Blockbusters). Overall, I enjoyed the prize fight, the AI felt pretty fresh with the minor tweaks.

IMG_2270.PNG

Reactions: moisterrific
Final Score was around 2 million for Gold and I got Top 10%, getting me my first Gold Parasoul. Heh heh, I was pretty excited to wakeup to that ^,^

As for difficulty...actually, I've been meaning to ask around about this but has anyone noticed that the AI has gotten exceptionally bad after these last 2 updates? I find that after hitting them with a combo, if they have a blockbuster ready to use, they'll always try and do wakeup blockbusters. A lot of matches for Dame of Thrones were like

1. Hit them with a combo
  2. AI tries to wakeup blockbuster
  3. Punish the Blockbuster
  4. Goto step 2
There was also few instances with Painwheel where she would try to do Death Crawl from a fullscreen away and I'm finding she likes to do Hatred Install in neutral more too. I suspect that this is potentially a bug caused by programming the AI to favor using BB3s as soon as they're available but I'm just guessing.

There was also some other weird stuff not related to Blockbusters like if Valentine was close to me but not close enough to throw me or if I was knocked down on the ground and she was standing over me, she would get stuck in a loop of trying to throw me and whiffing the throw.

These AI issues made Dame of Thrones pretty easy compared to other Prize Fights since the AI pretty much kept hanging itself without me doing anything really. Not sure if anyone else had these issues.

Final Score was around 2 million for Gold and I got Top 10%, getting me my first Gold Parasoul. Heh heh, I was pretty excited to wakeup to that ^,^

As for difficulty...actually, I've been meaning to ask around about this but has anyone noticed that the AI has gotten exceptionally bad after these last 2 updates?

I've found opposite problems. They tend to occur after I get on 15+ win streaks. Here are some examples:

I land the first punch of the combo, which connects, and as I continue the combo the AI starts blocking. I didn't think it was possible to start blocking after the first punch connected. This is on AI characters that do not have unflinching or invincible.

In the middle of combos around the 3rd hit the AI will throw a BB which breaks through my combo.

After the AI have finished their combo with a sweeper or launcher they'll immediately block. The window for counter attack seems incredibly small to non-existant, and if I miss it their counter is flawless.

It's got to the point where when I get up to around a 12 win streak I throw a match and just start building up my multiplier again.

Maybe I just suck though.

Edit: Yeah, just read someone gets 200+ win streaks. I suck XD

Last edited:
In the middle of combos around the 3rd hit the AI will throw a BB which breaks through my combo.
The ai likes to punish on the first frame they can, so if you're a frame slow on tap combos then they will instant punish. It feels like you did get the tap combo on time but it was most likely missed. This happens to me when I play as Cerebella, something about the attack speed makes me drop the tap combo.

Best advice is to queue up your tap attacks by mashing, unless you're going for technical combos.

As far as the difficulty of this PF, I've noticed the ai was a lot easier.
They tend to hang onto their Bb3 for a few seconds (even longer if they have a special or other BB available) once it is charged, giving you plenty of time to tag out. I noticed all enemies change which move they end their tap combo on if you are blocking.
Pre-patch most ai units would do the entire tap combo plus launcher. Now they seem to do 1 of 3 different combos if you hold block.
I noticed less turtling with the high level ai, although it is still there occasionally.

Ai punishes quicker than last patch, so I tend to avoid untouchable peacock and Big Top Cerebella's when I can.

Reactions: Itinerant
The ai likes to punish on the first frame they can, so if you're a frame slow on tap combos then they will instant punish. It feels like you did get the tap combo on time but it was most likely missed. This happens to me when I play as Cerebella, something about the attack speed makes me drop the tap combo.

Best advice is to queue up your tap attacks by mashing, unless you're going for technical combos.

As far as the difficulty of this PF, I've noticed the ai was a lot easier.
They tend to hang onto their Bb3 for a few seconds (even longer if they have a special or other BB available) once it is charged, giving you plenty of time to tag out. I noticed all enemies change which move they end their tap combo on if you are blocking.
Pre-patch most ai units would do the entire tap combo plus launcher. Now they seem to do 1 of 3 different combos if you hold block.
I noticed less turtling with the high level ai, although it is still there occasionally.

Ai punishes quicker than last patch, so I tend to avoid untouchable peacock and Big Top Cerebella's when I can.

Thanks, I guess I'm a bit too slow on the combos. I used to mash, but I've tried to slow it down so I don't overshoot, like with Valentine, as her fifth hit doesn't seem to allow for a launcher.

I guess it's the same with the AIs combos, I need to be quicker off the mark when they finish.

Last edited:
Reactions: ThanatosDK