• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Fights Rage of the Dragon

cappatacus

Reaction score
When using Squigly's BB3, the combo counter displays 111-120 hits, depending on whether or not a Dragon Charge is consumed. This would naturally be great for a Brain Freeze because lots of hits=a little damage. On the flip side, this should be bad for an Untouchable since she would only evade some of the hits. Unless it's a bug on my end, Rage Of The Dragon is always in favour of the defender. It procs as one hit for Untouchable, letting her take 0 damage, but also counts as 100+ hits for Brain Freeze, letting her take very little damage. This move also doesn't proc the Combomancer modifier.

Neither of these things would be problems on their own, but the judgement of when and how hits count is a problem. I assumed that, if it counted as 100 hits for Brain Freeze, it would count as that for Untouchable, but that led to me wasting a BB3. Maybe if no consensus can be reached on how many hits actually count, then the number of hits dealt should be lessened. This has been something I've noticed for a while now, and it's pretty annoying.

Reactions: fanghoul
I totally know what you mean. Rage of the Dragon is unfortunately just not worth it- it procs pretty much every defensive ability there is like crazy and ends up just tickling fighters like BF and UT. I stopped using it a while ago because there are too many situations where it does next to nothing. The hit count feels like it’s clearly just for show sometimes, and other times it feels like it does affect how the move behaves... but always negatively. Most of the time it kinda feels like it’s just a way of inflicting curse, and if I need to curse my enemy that badly, why not use Draugen Punch or even a burst? Very low utility move that needs some sort of adjustment imo

Reactions: cappatacus
This has come up before, and I guess the way it works is all the 110 or 119 hits are fake hits, and the only real damage blow is the last one. For some reason this procs with Brain Freeze's defense, but nothing else. Which is really unfortunate, since it does seem to get the short end of the stick in a lot of cases. I guess there's probably some defenses it doesn't set off like that which it could and it would be horrible if it did, like if there was a Resonant Evil with Immunity.

Last I heard on it, Liam is aware that there's some dissatisfaction but that it's also not a high priority to rebalance.

I personally still like and use the power, if only because that and Daisy Pusher on Poultergust are really useful in various cases where a person won't come to me, is endlessly blocking, or has a full BB3 and I want them dead now. To each their own though.

We had this discussion before, the conclusion is

Rage does 1 big hit and a cosmetic combo counter.

1 big hit means it doesn't proc defensive SAs like crazy (AF, RE) and doesn't launch the enemy meter to the moon. It also means GG Untouchable.
Cosmetic combo counter means GG Brain Freeze, because her SA works not off actual hits but off the enemy combo counter. So yup, unless you somehow got hex on BF, forget about Freeman, errr, Rage.

In practice I have Rage on Poltergust and Dead Heat (evolved to gold). Due to move drop RNG Poltergust is ATK-based (currently sitting at about 10K ATK), Dead Heat is Crit-based. And rage works really good on Polter and really bad on Heat (partly because it can't crit). I'd say ultimately it's nearly a must on Poltergust (since it gets benefits both from high ATK and from Polter SA resulting effectively in 8xATK damage in favourable conditions) and meh on every other Squigg variant (as in, you have better options in the form of DnD+IoL+SBO).

The combo is just confusing. I did a little test in rift battle. I let bio get hit to build up the bb3 then I finished the enemy with one bb3. I did get the 20combo bonus and the bb finish bonus

This has come up before, and I guess the way it works is all the 110 or 119 hits are fake hits, and the only real damage blow is the last one. For some reason this procs with Brain Freeze's defense, but nothing else. Which is really unfortunate, since it does seem to get the short end of the stick in a lot of cases. I guess there's probably some defenses it doesn't set off like that which it could and it would be horrible if it did, like if there was a Resonant Evil with Immunity.

Last I heard on it, Liam is aware that there's some dissatisfaction but that it's also not a high priority to rebalance.

I personally still like and use the power, if only because that and Daisy Pusher on Poultergust are really useful in various cases where a person won't come to me, is endlessly blocking, or has a full BB3 and I want them dead now. To each their own though.
I do still use it, because it works on most characters. Plus, Poltergust with a BB3 is just satisfying. There are just those handful of times where I want it to pick a lane and stay in it. I do understand that there's probably bigger issues; I just hadn't seen a discussion on it myself and thought it needed attention. Hopefully the devs will have time for it sometime after they sort out everything with Rift Battles

Reactions: fanghoul
I do still use it, because it works on most characters. Plus, Poltergust with a BB3 is just satisfying. There are just those handful of times where I want it to pick a lane and stay in it. I do understand that there's probably bigger issues; I just hadn't seen a discussion on it myself and thought it needed attention. Hopefully the devs will have time for it sometime after they sort out everything with Rift Battles

I think it's probably actually good to bring it up again, because it's never going to make it to the top of the list if no mentions it ever again :D