• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Other Regarding giveaways' hours - 3 issues

MatchHog

Reaction score
I'm going to expose why your giveaway streams system makes it absolute hell for people living outside of your time zone in 3 points, and how you could fix it. SkullGirls Mobile has become a worldwide sensation and I believe that the content creators have to adapt to this direction the game is taking then.

1) Please notify us in larger advance. More than once I happened to be playing when the in-game mail system should have been receiving the notification about a stream happening soon. Since a good session can take a large chunk of time, I ended up not seeing the mail notification and not being able to participate the stream. A solution would be giving players a heads up several hours in advance.

2) Please add a time zone converter of sorts! I look at your whatever number it is in pm pdt and have absolutely no clue what that means. So I open up google and type it looking for a converter and then again I forgot to put the day in so I have no clue if it's the past day or the one coming. You might as well just give us a timer ticking down instead of your time zone, that would go so well combined with the link taking us directly to Twitch.

3) Please vary the hours at which you stream. Several people in the world right now have the hardest time participating. Go read the comments under any of your giveaway tweets and read the ludicrous times some people would have needed to wake up that just for the measly less-than-1% chance of getting any of the prizes. I myself always have to keep awake for unhealthy amounts of time just to join and you guys just drag it on forever. Change those stream hours from time to time.

In conclusion, let's pretend that you did all of this. Say, for example, that you are planning a stream in 48 hours from now. You boot up your dev version of SGM, send the mail and, behold:
I, the average user, exactly know at what time the stream will happen. No need to go extra steps, it's whatever hours from when I opened the mail and the timer ticked down. Clear as day. I know when in the day it will happen. Will it be night? Will it be afternoon? I can now plan my sleep accordingly because I know in large advance when the thing will happen. And if I don't, I still have a chance it won't always be at 4am, thanks to that third change. You, in return, get a higher number of people participating due to this more accessible for everyone else streaming plan. It's a win for everyone.