• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Share your pain - No Pain No Gain gold prize fight

FreyRenoir

Reaction score
Website
freysmith.deviantart.com
Hello everyone!

Wanted to ask on the current consensus with the no pain no gain gold painwheel prize fight. How are your win streaks going? My highest is at 7! Its 15-20 on other prize fights dunno why
And no, having enemy big top cerebella use ultimate showstopper 4 times on me is not frustrating. It has nothing to do with BB3s naturally^^

9 times out of 10 I just lose because "oops they're tanky and have BB3's, i'd have the same chance to win if I closed the app". The other 1 time is then the AI goes super aggro and plays perfectly. And there is the isolated incident where I essentially lose two characters because I accidently dash attack at a high streak.

This PF is basically "Do you have a lot of tanky high level characters with BB3's" because you'll never kill anyone even slightly tougher than you without charging their BB3, and if you play maximum turtle and only use BB3s against the enemy you'll never do enough damage, meanwhile they'll kill you from full when you switch in with it.

Fun and interactive gameplay /s

So far the only lose I've had was the control issue. For some reason Filia has taken a Buer Overdrive and still had about 60% hp.

Reactions: FreyRenoir
Raised my highest win streak to 14. Its quite something. Making strategic use of powerful special moves makes it easier. The most important detail during this prize fight is draining lots of health in few hits.

Ikr, this modifier's only purpose is to make BB3s a pain in the butt.

How I deal with it: Parasite Weave's stun. I run drillationship and hairball, because they both have multiple chances to proc. Especially the drill, due to increased crit rate. This means I can get stun and combo my ground to kill. Only other thing I can say is, don't fight a harlequin if possible.

Reactions: FreyRenoir
I really wish this modifier didn't exist, it actively punishes being offensive in a fighting game which is the whole point of a fighting game and some games even punish you for playing too defensively (guilty gear, persona 4 arena etc) so having that one modifier be the reason that I'm losing x2 streaks is really annoying to me. This maybe the one prize fight I might not break 1mil on in awhile since this modifier actually makes me not want to play this prize fight, I actually miss the bleed when doing damage more than this since bleed doesn't insta kill you with an unblockable attack for playing too offensively.

Sorry for the mini rant but I needed to get it out there now the way I've been trying to cope with this is to use people like big band and cerebela that do big burst damage or can kill in a combo but if that doesn't work I normally die to a BB3 or I take big damage from it leaving not much room for a comeback at all, tbh the modifier only really benefits the AI since you'll probably be dead against any BB3 if your opponents FP is high enough which it gets the higher you climb in the prize fight. All in all I can't wait to see this modifier out the door on Sunday but for now I'm trying to keep it together and fight whenever I can.

Yeah i'm just not gonna worry about getting a golden Painwheel this way, according to the tierlists my silver is better than everything but the character relic exclusive anyway, so this is only good for the milestones.

It really sucks! Definitely better than getting stunned in my opinion though. :') Its really a challenge!

Really not enjoying this one, since you're being punished with unblockable high damage when ever you do a good combo :/

And losing due to BB3 is really the most unsatisfactory type of defeat in this game :x

If you get the right mix of characters nothing might stop you.

Reaching a certain point you will end up playing against the same players meaning that you will always choose the easier ones so there will be minimum risk of losing.

At the last event I had more than a hundred win streaks.