• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Some catalysts needs some nerfs...

MatDestruction

Reaction score
So, overall, I'm actually pretty happy with catalysts overall. Some make you change your play style and some have pretty clear ways to counter it, like how the wind catalyst make you use your BBs or be punished. Or how Blockbusted punishes you for holding too much your Blockbusters. However, there are some Catalysts that are just stupid, and become even stupidier when you can have multiple of them in your base. Some of them are:

- Armor Rating: Ok, I get that you want your base to be tankier. It's nice and there are enough counters to it, I guess. It's just broken when half of your base has Armor Rating. It's 15% chance (gold) to grant armor to ANY CHARACTER. And even if you have curse, it also has half of a Untouchable SA. Why? The armor is already more than enough.
- Blockbusted: It's pretty damm annoying how you simply can't combo your blockbusters. That's just it. When you compare it to the others "Blockbuster Control" Catalysts, this one is much stronger. Even when compared to the Wind Exclusive one "Every X seconds, reset enemy blockbusters" this one seems better.
- Futile Resistance (Big Band Exclusive Catalyst): I get the idea behind this one. But how it works it's kind of stupid. If you don't know it, if your attack don't deal more than 1% of Big Band's health, you suffer Death Mark and take X% damage from your life. Ok, seems fair, you just have to have some hard hitters. My real problem is how this interacts with other catalysts and the game mechanics. When you grab Big Band, you take damage no matter what, since now grabs have a "0 damage first hit". This counts even for Blockbusters or Special Moves. You also take damage when hitting when he's blocking. And you get rekt by armor. Also, if it was not enough, let's say you have cursed Big Band, Armor Rating still gives him the damage negations, so you will still be punished even then.

These are the worst offenders for me. Now, what other catalysts you think are OP or deserve some nerfs?