• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

SheriffNick

Reaction score
I haven't really been able to find or maybe know what to search exactly. I am just starting rifts finally as my roster has started to flesh itself out. I dont really have much for catalysts and every single Rift I have faced is loaded with golds on every node making my base in comparison a cakewalk no matter how good my fighters are since they aren't sitting there with +50-100% HP/Attack and every other modifier they could have. Should I spend the Theonite on catalyst pulls or just eat dirt until i have enough coins and see gold catalysts in the shop? And are catalysts even considered when matchmaking?

Welcome to Rifters Club!

NEVER buy Catalyst Relics with your Theo! Literally, NEVER, it's just a waste of money. Only buy Catalysts from CoC, that way you know what you're getting and can invest in ones that would be good for your roster (getting Don't Poke the Buer and having no Painwheels blows, right?).

AFAIK, Catalysts are not considered during matchmaking, neither are Special and BB levels. I've been sitting at Gold2 for a long time, but I've heard from other players that it can be pretty difficult to start from Rookie - you'll bump into overpowered Bronzes and Silvers all the time. This can be really frustrating... But don't get depressed, Rifts are the hardest trial we have in the game right now, and even if you lose a lot (like I do), it's still much more interesting than PFs.

Don't focus on Catalysts right now, slowly accumulate Rift Coins and wait for the best ones to appear in CoC. Meanwhile invest in your meta fighters, at the same time thinking what Catalysts would be good for your base and roster (browse YouTube to see what strategies top players use and make your choice wisely). For example, if you happen to have Assassin's Greed, you can invest in Last Hope and Kill Joy to make Triple Light Val Node with Last Words and Megalixir later.

Reactions: SheriffNick
Ok thanks! this was really helpful. I got pointers on where to invest in my roster in discord and I actually have Assassin's greed almost maxed unlocked. with Last Hope next on my investment priority for Valentine.

You should go to Reddit and read Yujipooji's Rift Primer series, it's pretty much all you need to know about Rift, catalyst and fighters. Also read about his tear list to prioritize fighters that you need.

When I started Rifting, I also lose a lot to people with base full of catalysts but I pull through somehow and now sit stably at Gold 2. And trust me, if you have skill to finish every base that you encounter, you will climb the rank very fast (I go from Rookie to Gold in a month and a half). And I suggest you watch how people at high rank play Rift so you know how they get around catalysts (like Jozhi, Tearing Tear, ZeoW).

And I more important advise, don't feel discouraging and don't give up, you win some you lose some. Just play and enjoy the game, even if you can't climb the rank, you still get your rewards the next week however small it maybe.

Reactions: Disasterrr19
At any other point in time, I would have told you to save rift coins for good catalysts first. Right now, considering we are about to have a revamp in the rift system, this may not be the best advice. Even so, depending on your level and access to rift coins, having enough good "all around" catas for at least your boss and inertia nodes may still be a good idea. Things like Blockbusted, Hexy, Frost armour and SlowMo that are 400 rift coins. But as Disaster told you. DONT BUY CATA RELICS. Always useless.

As mentioned by Tsukiakari, Yujipooji's rift series is a great read when you are starting. The main advice that I would take from there is:
- Start as early as possible, which you are doing now. This serves two purposes. First, you start getting the rewards and experience earlier. Second, it's actually easier if you start at a low level. As you'll be matched with people of similar roster. It's "normal" to see level 40/45 players at silver rankings and level 70 struggling to pass bronze due to that. Did I mention the rewards? XD

Besides that, look at what you are usually more annoyed by and try to look for specific counters against those things. Three "easy to get" fighters that you should consider to cover "most" scenarios are Sketchy, PuurD and Toad. Also, Primed is a must once you can get 10% in her PF.

If you have specific questions, don't hesitate to ask. And remember to enjoy it. This mode is the more frustrating, that's true. But it's also the only one that gives you a purpose to have a complete trained roster.