• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

The "Unholy does NOT need a nerf" thread

temponameo

Reaction score
There are a couple posts with statements regarding why she needs a nerf - this is for the people who feel like she doesn't, since this side of the party should have a time to voice their opinions as well (I am in this party).

I think she is powerful, but not overpowered. There is a very distinct line there; when something is overpowered it dominates the meta, without question. There are so many DIRECT counters to unholy at the moment

1) Umbrella rose tinted
2) Model Leader
3) ANY dahlia with tea slip

And this is just off the top of my head, there are definitely more. I'm not making this post as a guise for an ulterior motive where I want to "keep my overpowered character" - I genuinely, genuinely do not think she passes that line into overpowered territory.

when something is overpowered it dominates the meta, without question.
She literally dominates the rift meta without question though. The meta is Buer, Frost, solos that make BB finish difficult, and UHost (and some other stuff I forgot). She not only single handedly made an archetype, but one that if you don't have it yourself, you're easier to revenge than everyone else. I've asked endgame players about it and the general consensus is if you don't have her you're open to being revenged by those who do.

I will say a core part of what makes her so strong is the team you build around her, and it's easier to lock down your options when you're forced to run one specific support type (debuff cleanse, which as you've shown there's only two support ones) or a specific character (Technically, Annie and Robo have a debuff cleanse in their kit. Have run running rotation hazard in a serious rift node, or... Annie at all really. Tea Slip is RNG unless you get a level 15 one, which is a massive waste of resources if you don't get lucky enough to get or reroll a great one and many players still don't do cause of how expensive that is). And players way better than I am have taken advantage of how limiting to teambuilding she is. Some people just bring massive burst damage after whittling her down with no crit loops, which takes a long time.

Frost RTS was nearly solved at this point of discovery, that has not happened with UHost. Or worse, it is solved, and she's so powerful that you're just screwed if your opponent has her and you don't.

PS. This is the short version, cause I'm not qualified to talk about the nitty gritty admittedly. But yeah, in PF she's gonna look free cause sitting there for 20 seconds is technically a viable solution you will not be punished for, where that's gonna break you in rift

She literally dominates the rift meta without question though. The meta is Buer, Frost, solos that make BB finish difficult, and UHost (and some other stuff I forgot). She not only single handedly made an archetype, but one that if you don't have it yourself, you're easier to revenge than everyone else. I've asked endgame players about it and the general consensus is if you don't have her you're open to being revenged by those who do.

I will say a core part of what makes her so strong is the team you build around her, and it's easier to lock down your options when you're forced to run one specific support type (debuff cleanse, which as you've shown there's only two support ones) or a specific character (Technically, Annie and Robo have a debuff cleanse in their kit. Have run running rotation hazard in a serious rift node, or... Annie at all really. Tea Slip is RNG unless you get a level 15 one, which is a massive waste of resources if you don't get lucky enough to get or reroll a great one and many players still don't do cause of how expensive that is). And players way better than I am have taken advantage of how limiting to teambuilding she is. Some people just bring massive burst damage after whittling her down with no crit loops, which takes a long time.

Frost RTS was nearly solved at this point of discovery, that has not happened with UHost. Or worse, it is solved, and she's so powerful that you're just screwed if your opponent has her and you don't.

PS. This is the short version, cause I'm not qualified to talk about the nitty gritty admittedly. But yeah, in PF she's gonna look free cause sitting there for 20 seconds is technically a viable solution you will not be punished for, where that's gonna break you in rift
she also has the third highest hp in the game, so even in PF it's going to be a pain. you need to wait out the debuff timer and use a fighter with both immunity/heal blocking (if the pf modifier inflicts more debuffs) and high dps.

Reactions: Oblepiha_Gadalka
She has so many good things jampack in one variants:
- Inflict Curse and Hex - two of the most useful and powerful debuff in the game
- DRAIN 2% of opponent HP per second - This is the staple of Bio Exorcist, and somewhat help her -not too high of - atk stats.

So in all, she is a nat diamond, with nat diamond stats, can inflict 2 of the most powerful debuffs in the game and render nearly all defensive option useless, and she have survivability, offensive and defensive capability in one SA, hell, she don't really need move stats to be usefull. She, in my opinion, get really close to a perfect fighter, in nearly any situations.

The counter that you list, one is a diamond, and both can clear debuff each 20 seconds, and you know the duration of her debuff ? -20 seconds.

If you're the one having her, sure, you don't want her to get nerfed because she make every encounter easy, but make anyone that don't have her a clear and big disadvantage.

Reactions: Oblepiha_Gadalka
Are you the same guy from Reddit?

reddit.com/r/SkullGirlsMobile/comments/125xhip/i_genuinely_do_not_believe_unholy_needs_a_nerf/

Reactions: evilgordo
She may not be that painful in PFs (still quite painful) but: 1) It's too frustrating to try to deal with her abilities. Having one of the most powerful defensive MA and the best in game SA is too much for 1 fighter with good stats. 2) Some of the rift nodes + catalysts literally makes almost impossible to beat some cobminations with her. Maybe if you have every fighter in the game you can think of something else but it will not change a fact that this is a lot to take in while all of the other fighters are not even half as good as Unholy Host