• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Bug - Normal Vaporwave Vixen Fukua Gaining miasma and thorns stacks whilst being attacked successfuly

Reaction score
I was using a Snakebite Beowulf and facing a Vaporwave Fukua during a prize fight battle.
the vaporwave was gaining miasma and thorns stacks even whilst being grab-locked by my snakebites wulfshoots and hypemode grabs.
after I've won this fight i asked several of the players in channel 100 about it some told me the logic is inconsistent and that sometimes if they first land a normal hit then do the grab chain she gains no stacks and that its dependent on the animation frame or something as equally absurd.
I could understand if the vapor just kept 1 stack from the prior to the grab locks setup phase but this vapor I was facing was gaining multiple i repeat multiple stacks during the entire time as if totally ignoring the successful hits and damage from beowulfs hype mode grabs and wulfshoot specials as if they weren't there and she was standing still.
this is completely illogical.
there is no way that if I had faced an overclocked instead in this situation she'd be gaining barrier stacks so why is vaporwave not following the rules here?
there is no way a vaporwave should go from 0 stacks to 1 stacks or 1 stacks to 4 stacks of thorns all while constantly taking damage.

Last edited:
I shared your feedback with our lead designer and here's some key points he shared with me:

- If all you're doing is Wulf Shoots and unbreakable Hype Mode throws one after the other, it's highly unlikely you'd be able to do damage fast enough (less than 2 seconds) to prevent her SA from triggering.

- If you use constant ground combos into her block to keep her in blockstun and then use throws and Wulf Shoots if they're available, you can reliably prevent her buffs.

- Keep in mind that throw Hits trigger when the opponent hits the ground, when using basic throws and Wulf Shoot.

- We recommend mixing in Geatish Trepak or Lupine Pummel as additional ways to prevent her from gaining buffs, since for the most part Beowulf has low hit counts compared to other fighters and not many other ways to deny opponents from gaining buffs....with the exception of Beast King.

Hope that helps!