• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Why does Diamonds are forever does such huge amounts of Damage?

Ryouhi

Reaction score
It's harder to compare it's damage to other Blockbusters, since they often tend to consist of multiple hits, which can be hard to count in the small timeframe they happen in, but i feel Diamonds are forever does a much higher amount of damage than many other moves, even BB3s.

For example just now my Untouchable Peacock, which has about 30k Health and 30% (+15% from Skilltree) Defense.

Yet i still took 30k Damage from Diamonds are forever and i wasn't even in the air.
With 45% Damage Reduction!
I was only hit because i was still stuck in the recovery frames of George's Day Out.

Considering the move is "only" considered in terms of Damage to be "Very High" and not "Ultra" like BB3s are, it still seems to do more damage then those.

Comparibely my Diamond Drop which is catergorized as "High" only does about 10-12k Damage on average.

I didn't put this in the bugs or feedback section because i'm unsure of whether this is intended or not, but this kind of Damage doesn't seem like it's appropiate.

Untitled picture.png
i did a SA effect on moves few weeks back. way i did it is film moves and count all dmg in slow-motion. :p
thats my cereabella chart. atk 1319, all lvl1 moves without atk buff, against training opponents. i did it back in 1.4.0, maybe the dmg was changed? i stopped keeping up with all the small changes.

even in moves with multiple hits usually(or all?) it cant be both a throw and projectile. that means, if a move is buffed by understudy's SA just look at its dmg in projectile column. but diamond is forever's dmg is still very high.

Did you consider that Cerebella's ATK and the fact that Diamonds Are Forever can crit? Not trying to say the BB2 hits harder than a truck. Just asking.

Isn’t it possible that the character you were fighting had the damage of that move upgraded to max?

Diamonds Are Forever damage scaling (relative to ATK):
lvl 1-5 = 255%
lvl 6-11 = 280%
lvl 12-14 = 305%
lvl 15 = 330%

It’s in line with other BB2 damage scaling amounts, it could be the Cerebella you fought had a lot of investments in ATK stat and maybe a lvl 15 diamonds are forever, and 0% elemental penalty.

I see no infraction of game balance with Diamonds Are Forever.

Reactions: EmeraldSkirmish