1. [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy
    Dismiss Notice

Why is supercharged a thing

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BrolaireOfAsstora, Aug 10, 2017.

?

Is supercharged a bad mechanic?

1. Yes

57.1%
  2. No.

42.9%
  1. BrolaireOfAsstora

BrolaireOfAsstora Active Member

I'm sure this has been talked about before, but supercharged feels like a bad mechanic. All you do is just sit there with a pain wheel that has Buer Overdrive and block until it's full. Unleash it, beat them up on the rebound, then rinse and repeat until you win or t/o. Do you agree it sucks?

Edit: you also pray they don't have a bb3 because then youre dead

#1 BrolaireOfAsstora, Aug 10, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2017
  2. ThanatosDK

ThanatosDK Active Member

It's the most stressful of the prize fight modifiers. I wish it were something different like taking damage gives enrage stacks or if you do not attack for more than 3 seconds gain an armor break debuff.

3. BrolaireOfAsstora

Its not just stressful, it's annoying as well. There's a mechanic in-game used in dailies called breakdown, where blocking gives you armor break. While it's not much better, I feel it would work overall with PW's whole motif.

4. LethalPirate

LethalPirate New Member

I just realized how annoying this Prize fight is going to be to get gold. I can usually get a decent chain going, although I don't have any maxed fighters, but this makes it hard to get above a 3x before a BB3 destroys a fighter instantly.

5. Luke

Luke Well-Known Member

Lets be clear i do find supercharge annoying in it's easy to break my prize fight win streak, but its also fun to have something challenging once a while. I mean the peacock prize fight have perfect block and that makes the fights super easy for me. And i like easy fun much as the next guy, but it gets dull.

6. Vex

Vex Member

It's annoying but I do enjoy switching the game up a bit. There are characters and moves built around countering blockbusters so the tools are there for the people who leveled them up.

7. Evangelionlovr

It is stupid and it makes the game incredibly top heavy because new players or players with weaker fighters literally cannot gain a decent streak because even using a carry with two level 1 silvers you will eventually have to deal with 3 BB3s from fighters at or above your FS which all charge way faster than you can kill the opponent. My only hope right now is that my Parasite Weave keeps them stunlocked for the entire match or I am pretty much guaranteed a loss after like 5 win streak. It's ridiculous.

8. BrolaireOfAsstora

I'm sorry to hear you have such a hard time with this event! Thankfully it ends tomorrow though.

9. BrolaireOfAsstora

Yeah, I discovered that last part the hard way when I found out buer drive doesn't do what it needs to. And that's not okay. Sehkmet isn't as good either because she can't drain it, and neither of the silver parasouls can do their job well. I'd like this mod to be changed so that the things we have to circumvent it actually can do that. Does that seem fair to you?

When you say "play this one the same way you usually do", what do you mean? How should I play this?

10. Evangelionlovr

Is there really any way for someone with lower FS fighters to effectively play this PF? I'm not being sarcastic or a brat, I'm genuinely asking because to me it seems like no matter what I do I'm guaranteed to lose after about 4-5 wins.

11. BrolaireOfAsstora

Ugh, so I have to effectively turtle. That's not fpfun considering my strongest characters are epic sax and raw nerv who require dealing damage. Thanks for the tips though, at least I know how to deal with it next time. Lol, I don't think even tried on this one.

12. Liam

Liam !Robot
    Hidden Variable Dev

There's been a lot of feedback about this modifier recently!
    We've gone through all of it (not just this thread) and wanted to let you know we hear you loud and clear.

Thank you very much for all the feedback so far!

13. Evangelionlovr

Thanks! I really appreciate how accessible the Devs are in this game.

Zuzuska, ThanatosDK and Liam like this.
  14. BrolaireOfAsstora

Thank you so much devs!