• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Characters Changing Umbrella's moveset effects

7evan

Reaction score
I know it's been a while since the slime rework, but what really irks me is how umbrella's moveset wasn't changed. Umbrella's moveset is too focused on one effect (slime), and I would love to see the character have some more interesting effects in their moveset than having everything be redundant (a flaw shared with many other characters such as filia and valentine, whose movesets have an overbearing emphasis on bleed). There is also the weird change in the RNG changes since the slime rework, a notable example being:
  • ACID REFLUX:50% chance for SLIME on hit.
    • Previously this was a guaranteed SLIME. As Acid Reflux hits multiple times, this would inflict too many stacks of SLIME
Acid reflux as a move is only 2 hits, so the chances of getting a slime off of it is only 1-(0.5)^2=0.75, or a 75% chance. The emphasis on too many stacks of slime is also strange as there would only be 2 stacks, not being even half of the max 5 stacks. This reasoning is even more stupid when you realize that umbrella DOES have a move that guarantees slime: BOBBLIN' BUBBLE.

Move RNG and certain blockbusters being worse than certain special moves is a topic for another time, but my point still stands: rework umbrellas moveset by either adding a variety of practical effects other than slime OR have her moveset achieve the goal of building up stacks of slime rather than sporadic slime every once in a while.

the entire slime changes never made sense to me.
going back and forth.
like make bubbles cause slime on hit or on block and just call it a day.
make it 50% chance or something if you don't want it to be guaranteed.
rework or buff/nerf the umbrellas who get hit by this change negatively or positively.
i've always felt the bubble mechanic of umbrella to be the weakest part of her design.

give umbrellas moves anything interesting really.
can be like enemy special moves and tag ins are placed on cooldown or disable blockbusters/tag ins etc.
enrage even or cripple.
i don't wana bring up general good stuff buffs or debuffs like miasma but umbrella already has it on her character catalyst so it wouldn't be that far fetched to have some of it on her moves.(maybe one or two and thats pushing it)
i honestly felt like miasma should've been a fukua gimmick only but devs have already given too many other fighters access to it at this point so the cats out of the bag.
getting back on topic.
umbrellas move sets and mechanics always felt weak.
in comparison to black dahlias which are generally well designed.
i also think sweet victory could stand to be buffed or reworked entirely.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7evan