• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Dead Cross - Jab Extender?

cappatacus

Reaction score
I played around with this so I can make possibly the least practical bleed build on Val, and I tried using Dead Cross after L1->L5. It extended the combo, but there were a few times when the enemy slipped out and punished it. From what I can tell, this can only happen if the opponent has a BB at full meter (or possibly a SM). Other than that, I'd say it's a reliable (somewhat lol) combo extender. Has anyone else found out when this will and won't work?

Note that enemy having a Blockbuster charged doesn't effect what combos are possible / impossible.

They should consistently fall out of the combo if it doesn't work, and they should always be hit if it does work.

You can learn more about "true combos" vs "untrue combos" in this helpful thread here, which may clear up some misconceptions:
http://forum.skullgirlsmobile.com/threads/combo-counters-a-complete-guide.2802/

Reactions: Zachary Baumstark
Note that enemy having a Blockbuster charged doesn't effect what combos are possible / impossible.

They should consistently fall out of the combo if it doesn't work, and they should always be hit if it does work.

You can learn more about "true combos" vs "untrue combos" in this helpful thread here, which may clear up some misconceptions:
http://forum.skullgirlsmobile.com/threads/combo-counters-a-complete-guide.2802/
Guess I'm just lucky then? I haven't taken this to high streaks or anything, but in low streaks and dailies, it's gone pretty well. Huh.

The dead cross combo extender is a really good combo although the combo counter counts it as an "untrue combo". Personally, this combo works on any fighter even extremely high fighter score fighters. The reason the enemy is slipping out of the combo is because you're not attacking ''immediately'' after the dead cross move. Although it seems that you're immediately attacking after the special move, sometimes it doesn't work. During the dead cross move or towards the end of it, I spam L1-L5 so then I can guarantee an immediate attack without the opponent punishing. I would still consider it a true combo but an untrue combo if the opponent punishes :I.