• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Dropping the game until the 2023 Roadmap is posted

ARZRct

Reaction score
That's pretty much it, these past few (a very long past few) couple of months have been absolutely DRY in terms of content and news for the game, as a level 70 since around 3 years ago, I'll give the game a break until I hear something I like

"No one cares you're gone dude"

I agree, just wanted to get this off my chest in the hopes the devs actually post the year's roadmap before half the year's gone by

I'm eager to see a 2023 road map too! The first quarter is quickly turning into the first third of year already passed. Very on brand for Skullgirls "Coming Soon™" promises

Road map dates:
2018 - 10 January
2019 - 7 January
2020 - 14 February
2021 - 16 April
2022 - 25 March
2023 - ???

It seems the more HVS has gotten deeper into Skullgirls development (they run both games now, console and mobile), the farther the road maps get. I'd like to think they are very busy wrapping up Season 1 (Marie, voice acting for 4 story modes, etc.) instead of any kind of bad news that might cause delays.

It seems the more HVS has gotten deeper into Skullgirls development, the farther the road maps get.
Yeah, I wish we got at least some sort of update on the mobile game, I've got both versions (got 2nd Encore on both the Switch and Steam) but the mobile version is the only to feel neglected, and it has felt like that for what feels like a year and some change

Reactions: Oblepiha_Gadalka
I'm eager to see a 2023 road map too! The first quarter is quickly turning into the first third of year already passed. Very on brand for Skullgirls "Coming Soon™" promises

Road map dates:
2018 - 10 January
2019 - 7 January
2020 - 14 February
2021 - 16 April
2022 - 25 March
2023 - ???

It seems the more HVS has gotten deeper into Skullgirls development (they run both games now, console and mobile), the farther the road maps get. I'd like to think they are very busy wrapping up Season 1 (Marie, voice acting for 4 story modes, etc.) instead of any kind of bad news that might cause delays.
Yes, we've become very accustomed to the yearly Road Map, but as it has been pointed out with 2E getting new content, that has surely been taking up most HVS bandwidth.

Besides, the Road Map is only a preview of things to come. Not having a preview does not mean that SGM has been forgotten, I mean, We had B.Dahlia's debut in Nov 2022 and her full release in Mar 2023, and with both of those updates came with a lot of additional enhancements and adjustments.

Yes, it is exciting to see what (might) be coming later in 2023 for both 2E and SGM months in advance, but having or not having that knowledge does not lessen my enjoyment of either game right now. Plus, the Road Map is so vague that it has very little impact on how you play the game, we get more details weeks(days) before when those changes are actually going drop.

Yes, we've become very accustomed to the yearly Road Map, but as it has been pointed out with 2E getting new content, that has surely been taking up most HVS bandwidth.

Besides, the Road Map is only a preview of things to come. Not having a preview does not mean that SGM has been forgotten, I mean, We had B.Dahlia's debut in Nov 2022 and her full release in Mar 2023, and with both of those updates came with a lot of additional enhancements and adjustments.

Yes, it is exciting to see what (might) be coming later in 2023 for both 2E and SGM months in advance, but having or not having that knowledge does not lessen my enjoyment of either game right now. Plus, the Road Map is so vague that it has very little impact on how you play the game, we get more details weeks(days) before when those changes are actually going drop.
Well it does have an impact on me. One thing is not having the resources to release crazy content for sgm at the moment, which is ok (and I actually agree in that we did get content this year already) , but what they're doing right now is remain completely silent and say nothing about the game.
It's not like they always were so vocal about problems like rift getting stale for example, but now they practically erased what they themselves said is a very valuable tool in terms of communication. I wouldn't mind them saying "hey there's no chance we can develop the guilds thing ever" or "we gotta delay the roadmap again, we're sorry but we don't wanna talk about future plans because stuff is hard rn". But they are not saying that , they aren't saying much at all. Last time they talked about the roadmap they said it was coming in the near future, and only god knows when that could be.
All in all, I'm trying to not be unfair with the devs who I think actually do a great job with updates in general, but I really think they should rethink for a second their communication with the playerbase onward from now. The engagement they've had all this time with us has carried the game a long way imho and it'd be a real shame to keep letting it go to waste like they are doing now.

Reactions: ARZRct