• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Natural Diamonds discussion thread

Are Natural Diamonds a good idea?

• Total voters
I’m afraid of how much their skill trees are going to cost.
Also curious to see how they’re going to be obtainable. Rift battles? Elemental relics? New relic types?
What do you guys think of this Beo? Does part of his SA involve instakills or does he just do that much damage? I’m thinking it has to be some kind of chance based instakill during hype mode and/or on BB3s, maybe.

Well, spice must flow, one way or another. It's either new variants or completely new characters altogether. Natural diamonds make sense. OTOH accessibility would be nonexistent.

As for Beo, damage multipliers in the TWM don't add up. The final throw does more damage than it should, but not by THAT much (i just tested, my wolfsbane does approx. 3.2 times the damage with the throw than with the 3rd hit, in the video the multiplier is about 3.75). Maybe some bonus throw damage? That being said, test dummy in the video definitely has more HP left than the raw numbers from the throw could remove. So it is some form of instakill. Possibly involving HYPE, throws and debuffs?

Reactions: TehSterBarn1
That being said, test dummy in the video definitely has more HP left than the raw numbers from the throw could remove. So it is some form of instakill. Possibly involving HYPE, throws and debuffs?

Or it might just be some fancy programing by the Devs to make the video cooler. Either or.

Natural Diamond variants were always a possibility. It's instakill that feels off to me. It seems pretty unfair to say the least.

I really hope there's at least going to be one prize fight with a chance to earn one of these. Just one, maybe for the holidays.

If not that, then hopefully they'll release a diamond relic or something. Actually, I wonder if they'll even make them available in premieres? As much as I dislike prices being raised, the devs still have to earn money somehow. What better way to do that then make a 400-Theonite relic with OP fighters, right?

Fingers still crossed on that prize fight.

I’m not really liking the idea of adding natural diamonds. I thought diamond tier is only evolution exclusive with essences and dupes you had to grind for it and made it special because you worked hard for it but now Natural Diamonds being added into the game? So like throw all the effort for grinding golds to diamond into the drain because diamonds might be way better than Gold Fighters who became diamond? Is this how it goes? So much for grinding and putting F2P players to shame because sooner or later we may have to put up with Paid Players just going rampant with Natural Diamonds. So far the only thing I dislike about the new update, can’t wait for them to be like 0.5% in the Relics because why not.

I thought diamond tier is only evolution exclusive with essences and dupes you had to grind for it and made it special because you worked hard for it but now Natural Diamonds being added into the game? So like throw all the effort for grinding golds to diamond into the drain because diamonds might be way better than Gold Fighters who became diamond? Is this how it goes? So much for grinding and putting F2P players to shame because sooner or later we may have to put up with Paid Players just going rampant with Natural Diamonds.
How are you going to skill up natural diamonds without a massive amount of grind?

Being honest, not too much of a fan of the prospect of natural DIamonds.

Considering how much stronger than golds they are already, i felt it was justified just by the massive amount of investments you need to make (5 gold sacrifices, 3 Essences which take like 3 months to accumulate). So the amount of diamonds people got was mostly limited by these factors. I also liked the fact that you can choose to go for off-meta picks in evolving your diamonds, like my Blood Drive Diamond for example, helping them compete better by making up for their usual weaknesses.

Now if what little we can gather from the Beowulf teaser is the baseline of SAs we can expect these diamonds to have, they will be massively stronger from both an SA and base stat perspective.

Maybe it's too early for all my naysaying, so i'll wait for further details before passing judgement, but right now i'm a little worried what this will mean for the viability of gold fighters and how well they will be able to compete in the future.

As much as I dislike prices being raised, the devs still have to earn money somehow. What better way to do that then make a 400-Theonite relic with OP fighters, right?

400 theo? That is EXTREMELY generous. Considering how OP Diamonds are, I betcha they'll be around 800-1000 a pop if they get their own relics.

Reactions: B_W
Maybe it's too early for all my naysaying, so i'll wait for further details before passing judgement, but right now i'm a little worried what this will mean for the viability of gold fighters and how well they will be able to compete in the future.

Yeah it is early to say if it's bad or not but I agree that it's a bit disheartening to put in effort and evolve gold characters to diamond, only to have natural diamonds with naturally better stats come up. With the possibility of them having better SA's, but the more the merrier I guess!
I do remember that diamonds are end game things which should only really be available to end game players. I think they might make a relic for that but in order to obtain the relic it might be through rift battle coins, then they'll be locked behind a giant wall of rift battle coins where they would have to be the strongest around in order to gain the relics. Or at least that's what I think. There are many ways to allow diamond fighters to exist but to also limit their availability to the audience.
Either that or some sort of special relic that's only available to players above a certain level. But like the above quote says, it's too early to say anything.

Reactions: B_W
Yeah it is early to say if it's bad or not but I agree that it's a bit disheartening to put in effort and evolve gold characters to diamond, only to have natural diamonds with naturally better stats come up. With the possibility of them having better SA's, but the more the merrier I guess!
I do remember that diamonds are end game things which should only really be available to end game players. I think they might make a relic for that but in order to obtain the relic it might be through rift battle coins, then they'll be locked behind a giant wall of rift battle coins where they would have to be the strongest around in order to gain the relics. Or at least that's what I think. There are many ways to allow diamond fighters to exist but to also limit their availability to the audience.
Either that or some sort of special relic that's only available to players above a certain level. But like the above quote says, it's too early to say anything.
Or the devs can just put in a diamond fighter relic that requires diamond shards that are given when you pull a gold fighter.

400 theo? That is EXTREMELY generous. Considering how OP Diamonds are, I betcha they'll be around 800-1000 a pop if they get their own relics.
Well, I thought for a relic that had a somewhat higher chance at giving a diamond. Even then though, it definitely could be higher. Wishful thinking, mostly

Reactions: TehSterBarn1
Or the devs can just put in a diamond fighter relic that requires diamond shards that are given when you pull a gold fighter.

I'd say that's pretty likely, though I'd imagine they would require more shards than the Silver or Gold relics to balance things out a bit more.

Reactions: B_W and Veeko
I wonder if that gold pulling odds will be increased at all? and if so, like everyone stop spending theonite :///
Nah they'll probably keep the odds for gold the same, and no I can't stop spending theonite until I get Idol Threat Filia. (65+ Sunken relics and counting... I'll get her someday.) Then again, that new diamond beowulf looks so tempting. The grind is real.